Community > Posts By > MisKim323

no photo
Sat 01/07/12 10:48 AM

someone take me already
Me...Me...Me (Kim waves hand in air at an attempt to get attention) Over here!!!!tongue2

no photo
Sat 01/07/12 10:05 AM

I love it that you have such great and support in your family. Some remain a bit jealous of such a healthy loving family. I am somewhat envious that you can continue such a great local, loving support group. I wish I'd been afforded the same luxury. Alas, my family continues on a path of drama, discord, and manipulations for me to handle. I cut most of them out of my life. Kudos to you and your familial connections.

And congratulations on your upcoming newest member.

drinker drinker
Thank you so much. This came from someone asking me why I could not leave my area in order to form a relationship. I gave it a lot of thought, and this was my reply. I cannot say that any family is without drama, I have that, also. I simply don't waste my time with it and keep in mind that it will eventually pass. We must disregard the negative to remain optimistic and maintain a smile on our faces.flowers

no photo
Sat 01/07/12 09:35 AM

I am me, a quishmash of conflicting paradoxes. That is all I need to know.
bigsmile

no photo
Sat 01/07/12 09:34 AM
waving

no photo
Sat 01/07/12 09:34 AM
I remember a post on here a little over a year ago. Two members had actually planned a meet and when she couldn't contact him for a few days, she asked the police in his hometown to check on him. They found him in his bed...he had passed awaybrokenheart :cry:

no photo
Sat 01/07/12 09:29 AM

Our families influence us. Mine was not the best, but I am greatful for what I had. I took whatever situations I was involved in with them and made the best out of it. I interacted with my family and helped them out expecting nothing in return.

What my family lacked I found by surrounding myself with loving and accepting friends. Parents and grandparents are all gone. I interact sporadically with three younger brothers by choice. I have my son and will always be there for him and he knows this.

I am happy with how I turned out despite whatever challenges I faced. I am a strong woman who will always land on my feet. I thank my family for that and love those that are left. I embrace what I love about them and accept them, faults and all, because they are my FAMILY.
:heart: :heart: :heart: And we are all so happy that you are who you are.

no photo
Sat 01/07/12 09:09 AM
Edited by MisKim323 on Sat 01/07/12 09:26 AM

this actually makes sense.
the people around you,
or lack thereof,
have a tremendous effect on your life.
if you say they don't,
you're a liar.
go take a simple sociology course.
[*cough. cough.*
for those who said we're not allowed to blame problems on society.
*cough. cough.*]

Or take a course on language in case one does not see that relation to self is inadmissible.

The part is not different from the whole, when each is a member of a class by the same definition.

Try some buttermilk for that cough.
BTW....I aced out of ALL...ALL....ALL...reading and writing college courses and took three extra, anyway, simply because I enjoy it. I think some need to spend a little time brushing up on listening skills, communication skills, and learning to respect others opinions without criticizing.

no photo
Sat 01/07/12 09:06 AM

Or take a course on language in case one does not see that relation to self is inadmissible.

The part is not different from the whole, when each is a member of a class by the same definition.

Try some buttermilk for that cough.

John,

I mean in this in the most respectful way possible.

Sometimes your posts make me want to hit you in the head with a 2x4. flowerforyou
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl And you get a great big hug Ruth:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

no photo
Sat 01/07/12 09:04 AM

If they suddenly disappear, I assume
they are/were serial killers.
This helps.
Unless you watch 'America's Most Wanted.'
And get to reunite.
Actually happened to me once on another site!!!! Saw him 3 weeks later on AMW...girl from the site turned him in...he was wanted on a double homicide. He tried to talk to me and I blocked him because of the really mean look in his eyes. I stayed off-line for about a week after that..lol

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kimmy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!
I like you so much better all undecomposed.

Oh Souf...I think you would love me any way you could get meblushing laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

no photo
Sat 01/07/12 08:55 AM
This is GREAT, Lex!!! Thank you for the smilesmooched flowers

no photo
Sat 01/07/12 08:48 AM

this actually makes sense.
the people around you,
or lack thereof,
have a tremendous effect on your life.
if you say they don't,
you're a liar.
go take a simple sociology course.
[*cough. cough.*
for those who said we're not allowed to blame problems on society.
*cough. cough.*]

flowers flowers flowers

no photo
Sat 01/07/12 08:10 AM

I am the person I am today because of my son. He is an amazing joy. He has Aspergers syndrome and as such, I have had to fight the system so that he could get what he needs. I have had to educate darn near everyone I meet. It has really shaped who I am.

In addition to this, I have not been close to my family. They are toxic. I recognise why they are the way they are, and harbor no ill will for them, but being in their company will mean abuse, and as a parent, I cannot subject my son to that. I only wish I had learned this sooner, and not subjected myself to them.
So sad that your family has chosen to be this way. Your son is very blessed to have a parent so dedicated to his well being. Having a child with special needs is one of the greatest challenges in life and it takes a very awesome person to live this life. I commend you on sticking by your child and making sure he has everything he needs....only love can do that:heart: flowers
Good for you! So sad that they are missing out on you and your son and don't realize the blessings that they have in their lives.:heart:

Thanks! flowers Sometimes just a shift in perspective and it all becomes clear. My kid is a brick I needed to fall on my head. Thank God!

I feel bad for my family but not enough to jump in a volcano for them or toss my child in to make them happy.

no photo
Sat 01/07/12 08:02 AM

Someone asked me who I am and this is what I discovered within myself...

I have four sons...34, 32, 30, 28 in May. My youngest, only daughter will be 26 this month. I also have been blessed with 6 grandsons...13, 10, 9, 8, almost ten months, and 4 months old and one grand daughter...8...and another, God willing, will be joining us sometime in August :-). My Mom is still here. I have 4 brothers and a sister that also live within 10 miles of me, along with the many, many nieces and nephews. I have around 400 living relatives, most of whom live within a few miles...some a little farther. About 45 minutes up the road and a little west, my father, wonderful step-mother, aunts uncles, cousins...and my 94 year old grandmother than can't be kept down....lol. Don't know why I told you all of this...sorry if I bored you :-)...But these....are me...who I am, and why I cannot leave :-)

I think this is wonderful. I have a small family and try to keep my distance from about half of them. Lots of abuse all around growing up. frown I always wondered what it was like to grow up in a big family and have them to help out when you needed it. My mother and I have a good relationship now, but I never had her or anyone to help me out with the challenges of life. At least not until more recently. So, I guess, in a way, I kind of envy what you have. Not in a bad way....I am happy that you have it. flowerforyou

I think if people understood the connection we have to our blood relatives and our ancestors they wouldn't be asking what the title has to do with what you wrote. I get it. They are who you are. That's beautiful. :heart:
flowers flowers flowers flowers flowers A lady who gets it...how awesome are you?bigsmile I too grew up being abused by my mother, but as I grew, I realized more and more that the alcohol abuse and the physical abuse she endured was what caused her to lash out at me. I was happy to take it to keep my little brothers safe. But in the end, I gained most of my strength from these events and although I wish it hadn't happened, it has made me a very strong woman. THIS is exactly what I meant...the good, the bad, and the ugly determine the person that we become.flowers

no photo
Sat 01/07/12 07:57 AM

If they suddenly disappear, I assume
they are/were serial killers.
This helps.
Unless you watch 'America's Most Wanted.'
And get to reunite.
Actually happened to me once on another site!!!! Saw him 3 weeks later on AMW...girl from the site turned him in...he was wanted on a double homicide. He tried to talk to me and I blocked him because of the really mean look in his eyes. I stayed off-line for about a week after that..lol

no photo
Sat 01/07/12 07:55 AM

I usually assume that alien abductions are involved when people disappear.
Noooo....that was just YOUR situation A....laugh laugh

no photo
Sat 01/07/12 07:40 AM
Pay no mind to the "fluff"...hit the block button and remove them from your mind. You are going to get all kinds of remarks on dating sites, from sweet to disgusting. Just remain the person you are and realize that if someone can't appreciate that, then they aren't worth your timeflowerforyou

no photo
Sat 01/07/12 07:38 AM
flowers flowers flowers

no photo
Sat 01/07/12 07:36 AM
YAY!!!!! Congratulationsflowers flowers flowers :heart: !!!!!!

no photo
Sat 01/07/12 07:35 AM
You can do a search by username...good luck and welcome to Mingle.

no photo
Sat 01/07/12 07:34 AM
It could also be something simple. He may be to busy with something going on in his life. maybe his internet was shut off. Maybe he has this nasty flu going around and is in bed....give it a few and see what happens...if he doesn't return, know that it happened for a reason and move on...Good Luck.

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25