Community > Posts By > Lil_Mamasita

no photo
Sun 06/02/13 10:01 PM
Are there ANY mature gentlemen in the Beaufort area on here? Seems like when I finally run across someone nearby, he's either too young or will look but not speak.
Just looking for a friend...and time will tell for anything else. Surely not trying to drag anyone to the altar.
You must be out there somewhere. Race is not a factor for me; honesty, integrity, & respectfulness are. Ability to laugh is a MUST. Laughter is good for the soul.

Would love your friendly companionship!flowerforyou

no photo
Sat 06/01/13 01:18 PM

My name is Sandy and doing this is totally out of my old character. But since my old world is dead and gone, I must do something to build a new one to include a new pyramid of friends and since I must start from strangers it may as well be all of you, right? Feel free to jump right in. Have a great day, hope to hear from some of you, don't be afraid, I'm a GREAT person to have on your side.drinker

Hi Sandy! Glad you're here. I'm relatively new also, and like you, am starting all over again. Have fun, BE CAREFUL, & have patience. That's one thing I've learned from being on a couple of sites. Nothing happens overnight, and there are a lot of "scammers" out there. Also, men seem to be hesitant to respond (for some reason:-), even if you're just trying to be friendly. So again, have fun, don't give up, be careful, and WELCOME!! I wish you the best!!waving

no photo
Sat 06/01/13 01:11 PM

The first scammer i came across told me he loved me after a week. lol first clue

Lol...mine had decided that he wanted to marry me after a week of messaging!!:-)

no photo
Sat 06/01/13 01:09 PM

There's a few things to look for in "scammers".

One is poor English skills.

Another is very quickly trying to get you to talk to them off site.

Long "poor me" type sob stories usually involving money woes is another.

And of course asking for money or banking information is probably the biggest one of all.

I agree. I've run across quite a few...some with photos, some not. Poor English skills is usually the 1st thing that tips me off. Another is giving me a cell # or email address in the 1st message. One other thing I've noticed is that one "scammer" will often have 3 or 4 different screen names. You can tell it's the same person because their message wording is almost exactly alike. Oh, and they usually work out of the country and have kids...supposedly. Just be careful and report if you need to.

no photo
Wed 05/15/13 07:14 PM

I hope they aren't trying to scam you

Good point...sounds a little 'sketchy' to me.

no photo
Wed 05/15/13 07:10 PM
Kara and the baby in my prayers!!flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 05/15/13 07:02 PM

Thank you for your opinion! Your right chemistry holds two people together after they have meet. But what I'm trying to get at is the fact that the very initial motivator is physical attraction that is how most people first inter react. Male/female it doesn't matter. So the question I'm posing is why does more times then not the people we are attracted too won't give a person the time of day unless money is involved in someway shape or form. One of the reasons I ask this question is because all the profiles I have read on this and other site. The female states I love to travel but haven't done much. Is this a subliminal way of saying you want a guy whom will whisk you off to a beautiful beach or a mountain temple. I'm just curious is all and am trying to understand the way a women thinks. If you read my profile you will read that I'm an old fashion guy who is looking for a special person. But I am not having any luck due to the fact that I'm not rich. But I won't give up cause there is a women out for me I will find her :smile:

I agree with you that most of the time the initial attraction is physical, but it takes more than that for a lasting relationship. That was a good example about the travel thing. I 'would' love to travel, so I would be on the lookout for someone that could do that for me. But at the same time, I wouldn't just dismiss someone because they couldn't. Qualities like honesty, integrity, a desire to please your partner (even with little things), faithfulness are all important. Even a sense of humor could make or break a deal for me. I love to laugh, so someone that never laughed and was always serious wouldn't work for me even if they were a millionaire.
I think everyone should just be honest about what they're looking for (no one should be judging anyone else for what they like or want)...that way when we finally do 'hook up' with someone, it stands a better chance of turning into something real.
Don't give up...but don't settle either. I've been there & done that...it doesn't work & you end up getting hurt.
I'm finding that patience truly is a virtue! Good luck!!smile2

no photo
Wed 05/15/13 06:43 PM

There comes a time when you stop waiting and start searching...soul searching...

I agree...

no photo
Tue 05/14/13 08:12 PM
I haven't really heard too much about Criminal Minds one way or the other; as far as who's leaving etc. If it's between J.J. and Prentiss, then Prentiss gets the boot from me. I love Criminal Minds and I've been waiting for some new shows...I believe I've seen them all up to this point.
As far as that storyline that msharmony mentioned, I'm not sure it would make a very good fit. It is controversial though, so it'll either send the ratings thru the roof or cause them to plummet.
Just my 2 cents worth.

no photo
Tue 05/14/13 05:21 PM
I believe that what we call "ghosts" are actually spirits. There are such things as spirits...thing is, there are good and evil spirits. We have the natural world/plane and the supernatural or spiritual world/plane. Activity which occurs in the supernatural or spiritual plane is often labelled as "paranormal".

no photo
Sat 05/11/13 07:29 PM
I seem to have the same problem here in S.C. and I'm older. I thought the older guys would be past the whole segregated thing by now, and maybe they are, but I have only run into one white guy willing to go on a date...and he was actually from Atlanta.
So you 'more mature' guys if you're out there and interested, let me know! Interracial dating is not a problem at all for me.

no photo
Sat 05/11/13 09:10 AM
I'm new here and just wanted to say hi to everyone. Starting over in life and need some new friends!! Would love to find someone 'special', but there's no rush. One thing I've learned is to take it slow.
And please, please, please...no fake people or persons into playing games. I am a mature, honest individual looking to enjoy life.
It would be great to share that!waving