Community > Posts By > christef

christef's photo
Fri 02/24/17 08:40 PM

I keep getting blocked because I'm using ad blocker, its very annoying.

christef's photo
Wed 02/22/17 03:56 AM
Adblocker is a pain. I keep getting sign to disable it.

christef's photo
Wed 02/22/17 03:56 AM
Adblocker is a pain. I keep getting sign to disable it.

christef's photo
Thu 06/09/16 01:13 AM

I agree Kathyzee I wouldn't move in with a boyfriend either - its not respectful.

To me if a guy wants you to move in before your married - he is not being respectful at all.

Marriage is a commitment and needs to be considered seriously, its a life long commitment and has to be worked at with respect, trust, integrity, being considerate, understanding, compassion and lots of listening. Listening to each other and allowing the other person to be heard and respected for what they have said is essential, even if you don't agree with them.

Agree to disagree.

I think pre marriage counselling is essential as well, especially if your expectations are different or your goals in life, if you want children and the other doesn't or you can't have children or finance or health issues. All these things need to be discussed as often couples have very different expectations of each other and different perspectives and ideas, values of what marriage is all about which can clash. Lots of communication and conversation are necessary - way before one thinks of getting married. Friendships are about getting to know one another and having a good time while getting to know each other before even thinking of dating. Dating is also about getting to know each other and nothing to do with sex etc at all which takes place within marriage and not before. Its about mutual respect of each other and waiting until marriage is respectful. If the other person is not respecting you - move on.

christef's photo
Thu 06/09/16 01:06 AM

Marriage isn't bad at all - its a choice.

I have family who have been married for over 60 years - married when they were 18yrs and still going strong and very happy.

I know of other people who have been married for over 60 years and 50 years - met the right person at the right time.

Everyone has a choice. Everyone I know who is married are very happy and been married for years.

For me, the next man in my life has to be a Christian and put Yashuah in their lives first and to be in the Centre of their friendship/relationship. Otherwise it doesn't work.
Open and honest communication and mutual trust in each other and mutual respect is essential.

christef's photo
Thu 06/09/16 01:01 AM

I agree with Angeinthebox.

christef's photo
Thu 06/09/16 01:00 AM

I agree. Women like the man to approach them - I know I do.

I live in Australia - so looking in Australia for my someone special.

To me, one needs to be settled and happy within themselves before they
are ready for a relationship.

christef's photo
Mon 02/24/14 10:16 PM

I agree. I can understand that and its natural that you wanted more.

Thats why its better not to be in a relationship like that. Someone will get hurt and want more and have to let go and move on with their lives.

Why put yourself in a situation like that to get hurt from that experience.

christef's photo
Mon 02/24/14 10:14 PM

FWB

To me, I wouldn't be at all interested as I don't agree with the implications of friends having sex because thats what the supposed "benefits"are, particularly for the guy.

To me, that type of relationship is disrespectful, the woman disrespecting herself and allowing the man to be disrespectful of her.

I don't agree with a couple having sex outside marriage at all - thats me, my choice.

I have been married and divorced for a long time and single again and thats my choice. I have moved on with my life and know myself better now than then as I have faced my issues and grown and thats great, for me.

christef's photo
Sat 10/19/13 11:18 PM

Men who respect women won't want to have sex with them until they are married.

As far as I'm concerned, no man who wants to have sex with a woman outside marriage, respects her, so perhaps its time you looked at yourself, your values and views on life and relationships heh.

God would not want you to be sleeping around, he wants you to value and respect yourself and women.

christef's photo
Sat 10/19/13 06:09 PM

Well I'm 65 and don't consider myself an old fogey, thank you very much. My late mum used to say, you are only as old as you feel and I'm still very young at heart thanks and enjoy life.

My past experiences/relationships/marriage is in the past and I've made the choice to forgive those who have hurt me.

I continue to get messages and views - mainly from younger men, some of them young enough to be my sons and grandsons. I don't wish to be a mother or grandmother to any of them, thanks.

I've had to block guys who are disrespectful etc cause I'm not tolerating that. etc etc.

So don't judge people older than you, each of us still have feelings. Try some sensitivity.

christef's photo
Sat 10/19/13 06:03 PM

I can relate to that. I get messages from much younger guys and guys that are overseas and I'm not interested in guys overseas. I'm not about to board a flight to go to another country to meet someone.

Actually had a younger guy who wanted to relocate to be near me - hadn't met him or anything. He was very evasive in answering questions etc, had a temper by the way he wrote to me. I don't want to be around someone like that - all the "red flags"were coming up for me, so I said goodbye and blocked him. I don't need control freaks, thanks.

I don't want to be a mother or grandmother figure either, I just want to be spoken to and treated with respect and I don't think thats too much to ask.

Have a great day.

christef's photo
Sat 07/20/13 09:09 PM

definitely not!
good job.

christef's photo
Sat 07/20/13 09:08 PM

A guy who drinks, smokes and says his wife has passed away yet still refers to her and still wears her wedding ring.

Time guys let go of their past and their ex and moved on.
So many of them are so insecure, players and think they can get anything they want, anytime.

One of my favourite words is NO.

Wouldn't it be nice if all men were respectful, courteous and honest and cherished their women.

Thing is ladies, each of us have to respect and love ourselves before we can expect anyone to respect us. Its important to let a guy know from the very beginning that we respect ourselves and won't allow a man to use us in any way. Let the guy respect us, open the door, treat us well and do the "man" thing. Its the mans job to do the chasing, ok, not ours. Thats the way men are made, to do the chasing, they love to do that. They choose the woman they want and go chasing that woman. If the man you like or you are attracted to is not chasing you.....back off ... he just isn't interested, sorry but thats the way it is. true.

Each of us have to wait until that guy comes after us... whether you want to acknowledge that or not, thats the way it is.

Next step is.....don't allow him to disrespect you in any way at all as you deserve to be respected in every way. If he is disrespectful or abusive toward you in any way.......run for the hills girl and don't stop, cause he won't change. You don't want to accept someone into your life like that cause you would be headed for a dysfunctional domestic violence relationship where you could end up being killed and you don't want that!!

Have a great day everyone.
God bless you all.

christef's photo
Sun 05/19/13 12:57 AM

Actually, I think with guys, its lust at first sight, not love.

There has to be mutual respect of each other, respect of oneself and if a guy truly respects the woman, no sex until they marry.

There has to be getting to know each other building up trust, mutual respect, honest and open communication, integrity and courtesy toward each other.

If there are any issues, talk about them to resolve the issue.

If people can't do this and get on with each other... move on.

I don't believe in having affairs at all, there is no respect in that.

Enjoy your evening.
Blessings
Christef