Community > Posts By > Giocamo

Giocamo's photo
Thu 11/26/09 12:59 PM

when you reject advice of military professionals and ask for input from political hacks while leaving troops in harms way-that is dithering and being an ineffective leader-I have a son there-either give them what they need to do the job or get them out-dont let them die cause you dont have the balls to decide

Who says he rejected anyones advice? I think the point of advice is to get differing perspectives...allowing more than one to chime in before a decision is made, is not rejection, it is careful thought,IMHO.

WE went in supposedly thinking of more than just our boys lives(the rights and lives of the citizens there, as I recall, were what we were trying to improve). I dont know why we should stop caring now. Careful thought is better than a rushed judgment anyday, from my perspective. I would much rather have someone leading the country who doesnt see the glory in young men dying for dying sake,than one who sees it as some noble embracable cause. My son and others peoples children having the benefit of continuing their life is more important than any politicians war for profit or power.

his heart was never in this war...but...he ran around running his mouth about the " right "...war...and now it's time to put up or shut up...it's been his "MO" from day one...all talk and no action...

Giocamo's photo
Thu 11/26/09 12:57 PM

I said that over and over before he was elected

that Obama was basically a moderate and is well aware that it was the independents and moderates that got him elected

I predicted that the liberal left extremists would accuse him of betraying them when he ran his presidency as a moderate

and now it's happpening

a Moderarte ?...he's the most radical president EVER !

Giocamo's photo
Thu 11/26/09 09:09 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Americans...may your stuffing be moist...your cranberries sweet...and...your turkey dead !...lol...have a wonderful holiday...drinker

Giocamo's photo
Wed 11/25/09 09:13 PM
Edited by Giocamo on Wed 11/25/09 09:39 PM
9 out of 10 " interacial "...crimes is black on white...also...why aren't those called hate crimes...

Giocamo's photo
Wed 11/25/09 10:04 AM

again, the Noble Peace prize committee gets my nomination...and of course the six deviant idiots who snatched a young lady out of a chinese store and drug her to an apartment where they all took turns raping her. They all got caught in the act and hopefully will be Bubba's turkey while in prison.....

will also have to nominate Chris Brown, such a man is he that he had to brutally beat his woman to get his point across, tsk tsk, you'd think these macho men would learn, too bad he's a big time celebrity, he too should have spoent a few years with Bubba....

Hut in all seriousness my nomination continues to go to all those who neglect their children and all those who have loved ones in nursing homes that they no longer visit, shame on you.

disagree bout chris brown, but the others have my vote as well

when a " man "...beats a women...he's not only a turkey...but...a fuggin a-hole !...:smile: ...any particuliar reason your gave him a pass ?...

Giocamo's photo
Wed 11/25/09 08:44 AM
Edited by Giocamo on Wed 11/25/09 08:55 AM
if we split the country in two...I could guarantee that the side the democRATS reside in would have:

(1) More High School drop outs
(2) More STD's
(3) More Crime
(4) Higher Taxes
(5) Bigger Deficits
(6) More abortions
(7) More Tyranny
(8) Less Freedom
(9) Weaker Defense
(10)More Government Control
(11)Less Productivity
(12)More Mysery
(13)More Fatherless homes
(14)Less God
(15)and lastly...for a first hand example...just look at any major city...the Dem's have been running them for decades...

Giocamo's photo
Wed 11/25/09 07:37 AM
for your reading pleasure this Thanksgiving Day Eve...I give you my friend...Michelle Malkin...

As we gather round the Thanksgiving table, bow our heads in prayer and feast on the holiday bird, it is only fitting to take a moment to fete the unforgettable turkeys of 2009.

1. The stimulus. Back in February, I wrote that if the trillion-dollar stimulus plan were a Thanksgiving dinner entree, it would be a Turbaconducken -- the heart attack-inducing dish of roasted chicken stuffed inside a duck stuffed inside a turkey, all wrapped in endless slabs of bacon. And so it has come to pass. After the Democratic majority larded up the massive spending package with earmarks and bribes, President Obama declared it pork-free and has stubbornly touted its job creation benefits for out-of-work Americans.

Reality check? The Washington Examiner reports that more than 10 percent of the jobs the Obama administration claimed were "created or saved" by the stimulus are doubtful or imaginary. ABC News uncovered countless examples of bogus congressional districts listed as stimulus beneficiaries by the Obama stimulus tracking website, Recovery.gov. The money has been lavished on shady beauty schools in New Hampshire, prison inmates in Texas and wind companies in Spain and China. Just this week, a California audit found that the Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation overstated the number of jobs saved by federal stimulus dollars by upward of 13,000.

While this Generational Theft Act continues to soak up our tax dollars and add to our children's and grandchildren's debt, the Democratic majority is in the government kitchen cooking up a second stimulus turkey to provide federal infrastructure money to public-sector unions. Gobble, gobble.

2. President O-bow-ma. The candidate who pledged to restore America's standing in the world couldn't figure out how to stay standing in front of world leaders. In April, he crouched before Saudi King Abdullah. This month, he provoked global derision when he broke protocol and performed a spineless blunder in front of the Japanese emperor.

The kowtower-in-chief's body language reflected the administration's broader foreign policy prostrations -- including scrapping missile defense in the Czech Republic and Poland, canceling a meeting with the Dalai Lama to appease China, sitting on its hands this summer during the Iranian election protests and unveiling the 9/11 show trials in New York City that will provide a circus platform for jihadis and international Bush-haters.

The left complained that George W. Bush was too much of a cowboy on the global stage. It's better than having a waterboy.

3. Green jobs czar Van Jones. This deep-fried turkey was recruited by Team Obama's Chicago consigliere Valerie Jarrett, who boasted about recruiting the Marxist rabble-rouser from Oakland. He openly crusaded to free Philadelphia death row cop-killer Mumia Abu-Jamal, bashed capitalism with radical revolutionary rhetoric and signed a 9/11 conspiracy petition that he meekly disavowed in a botched attempt to save his job. Jones is now at the Center for American Progress, run by Obama transition official and Democratic operative John Podesta.

The other turkey in the story, Val Jarrett, escaped unscathed and went on to push the Obamas into their failed crony campaign for the 2016 Olympics bid in Copenhagen -- a taxpayer-funded, hubris-infused debacle that ties with Van Jones for third biggest turkey of the year. Rio got the Games. America got a closer look at the pay-for-play patrons, power brokers and developers in the Windy City who have put an indelible Chicago stamp on the Potomac.

4. The New York Times. Scooped by Fox News, conservative blogs and talk radio on the exploding ACORN scandal, the paper whitewashed its own role in covering up the community organizing racket's financial shenanigans last fall when it cut off a reporter's investigation a few weeks before Election Day. Jill Abramson, the Times' managing editor for news, acknowledged that her staff was "slow off the mark" and blamed "insufficient tuned-in-ness to the issues that are dominating Fox News and talk radio." They assigned a new "opinion media monitor" to track the competition, but refused to identify the watchdog for fear that he/she would get too many mean, intrusive e-mails and phone calls.

More recently, the paper's website demonstrated that its real motto is "All the inconvenient news that's fit to suppress." The Times' lead environmental blogger, Andrew Revkin, haughtily refused to reprint damning e-mails leaked by a hacker in the burgeoning "ClimateGate" scandal. The documents reveal a long trail of manipulated data, but Revkin balked at the ill-gotten trove. The blabbermouths at the Times had no problem exposing national security secrets to undermine Bush. But shed light on scientific hoaxes that undermine Al Gore? Unethical!

5. Tea Party-bashers. Millions of ordinary, peaceful Americans joined the Tea Party movement to revolt against big government, backroom deals and the Beltway culture of corruption. For their exercise of free speech and free assembly, they were smeared nationwide. Hollywood has-been Janeane Garofalo called them "racist, backward motherf**kers." SEIU labor thug Dennis Rivera accused them of "terrorist tactics." CNN anchor Anderson Cooper used a vulgar sexual epithet to describe them. Team Obama's astroturfers declared all-out war on them.

For refusing to sit down and shut up in the face of such unhinged bigotry, and for exposing the foulness of the political fowl, I have two words for them: Thank you.

Giocamo's photo
Tue 11/24/09 08:52 PM

Republicans would become so overbearing with their outlandish ideals that they would end up having a revolution within a few years. Religion would be the major revolution, over whose is right.

Then the richer would make sure that the poorer stay in their place causing a revolution.

Then the gay republicans would be found out and lynched.

Etc...

I would rather be on the Democratic side because even though there would be problems it would be hell on the Republican side.

are you sure you're not a Liberal ?...those comments are right out of the Liberal handbook...:smile:

Giocamo's photo
Tue 11/24/09 08:09 PM

Clinton got away with it. He is just following his example

All Clinton did was have consensual sex, he should have never been on the chopping block to begin with.

are you sure you're not a Liberal ?...:smile:

Giocamo's photo
Tue 11/24/09 10:44 AM

Obama should come out with his well thought out decision on Afghanistan this week.
A well thought out decision. I'll bet his numbers will reflect a change then.

Of course when every Republican left in America votes against everything he does it will always be hard to reflect a real high approval rating.

The Republican Party seems to be more anti-Obama these days than Pro-America.

being anti-Obama IS Pro-American !!!!!...his agenda needs to be stopped !...as for Aghanistan...his heart is just not in it...hence: dithering...:smile:

No,
the stubborn blind minority, 3? %, who still supported the Dictator Bush have just been joined by a few more minorities. The fearful of change group, and the racist (I just can't stand a Black President) group.
At least those afraid of change can be rationally understood. Those who continue to support Bush and the racist have no rationale.

how do you know that you've won a arguement with a Liberal ?...they call you a racist...:smile:

Giocamo's photo
Tue 11/24/09 10:25 AM

I mean how many times can they come out with every member against every bill Obama brings up before the members of the Republican Party get a clue.

The Republican Party is Anti-American.
Behaving like puppets controlled by a puppeteers, (Big Business, the AMA, and Insurance conglomerates), they are standing in the way of Americas recovery to greatness.

they don't have the numbers to stand in the way of anything...they vote against Tyranny...and...they stand for Liberty...

Giocamo's photo
Tue 11/24/09 10:20 AM
Edited by Giocamo on Tue 11/24/09 10:24 AM

Obama should come out with his well thought out decision on Afghanistan this week.
A well thought out decision. I'll bet his numbers will reflect a change then.

Of course when every Republican left in America votes against everything he does it will always be hard to reflect a real high approval rating.

The Republican Party seems to be more anti-Obama these days than Pro-America.

being anti-Obama IS Pro-American !!!!!...his agenda needs to be stopped !...as for Aghanistan...his heart is just not in it...hence: dithering...:smile:

Giocamo's photo
Tue 11/24/09 10:13 AM
nice try...he's at 46% in Rasmussen and Zogby...like the Mobfather says..." he's immature...inexperienced...and...in over his head ! "...he's been a complete failure...he's made everything worse...:smile:

Giocamo's photo
Tue 11/24/09 07:44 AM

Americans didn't have much of a choice this past election. It was a disgrace and the outcome was just as bad. Hind sight is 20/20. 2012 cannot come fast enough for me.

Kept americans in fear? Do you not think there are some things that are so serious that we need to keep our eyes on? Hmmm does Ft. Hood ring a bell? That was a terrorist right in our own military, attacked our own military. Tell me that's not real.
slaphead grumble

It is VERY real the way the mentally ill (whether christian or muslim) is overlooked and dismissed UNTIL a tragedy happens. There are many things serious enough to keep our eye on, but the threat of potential terrorism is not so serious as to ignore all the other ACTUAL issues IN PROGRESS right now. WE all have our opinions. Mine was to elect the nominee who addressed the things I was concerned with. Sorry, but mostly what I heard from the Mccain Palin ticket was his military record(which is a great asset, concerning our safety,, I agree). I didnt hear much significant discussion or concern about issues like education or healthcare or the economy which in my day to day life concern me much more urgently than the possibility (that has and always will be there) of some lunatics acting out against America.

I voted on the issues that were important to me and I stil stand by them because I have NO REASON to believe McCain/Palin would do any better.

Ya know...we usually see things pretty much the same way.

But at this point, I must respectfully disagree with you.

Obama's entire campaign basically consisted of two words. Hope and Change.

I heard next to nothing from him on any particular issue. He had no plan for the Health Care issue. HE still doesn't. He is just letting the Democrats in the House and Senate write things up for him.

In all the speeches I heard from him, there may have been once or twice when I actually heard something with substance from him.

Hope and Change. Yes We Can. Etc etc etc.

I take nothing away from him as a speaker. He is very, very good.

But had it not been for the media's love affair with him, people would have better realized that he was doing a whole lot of talking without actually saying much of anything at all.

We heard different things, apparently,,, as happens with all presidential debates. If you didnt hear what you needed to from him then you did right not voting for him, same as I did not voting for Mccain.

I didn't vote for either one of them. I consider a choice of the lesser of two evils to be no choice at all.

It's gotten to the point that the two sides are so extreme that neither side is truly " for the good of the country ".

This kind of thing is exactly why the founding fathers never intended ours to be a two party system. There are no checks and balances.

both sides are extreme ?...how can you say that the Republicans are extreme...last time I looked...the 2008 nominee McCain is a moderate...the Republican parties problem is that they aren't Conservative enough...

Giocamo's photo
Tue 11/24/09 07:41 AM

OBAMA has been one of the best presidents we have had in the last 40 years and i didn't vote for him . the last time we had a recession in 1979 it was the same as this one but not as bad it took about 8 years to get back to work . this time its different because the republicans have sent the work over sea and the democrats are allowing the illegals to stay and keep or jobs . Tyson chicken was raided and there illegals sent back to donder land . they raised there pay scale $4. per hour and then the people in arkansas now have the work again . that's the big fight here not the gays not the medical . Your jobs not whose blowing who .

I havent been as proud of any president since Clinton,,but its too early to say if he is the best or the worst,,there just hasnt been time to start summing up his presidency when it is just getting started and there were so many issues to be handled.

like the Saturday night live skit says..." I can sum up in two words his accomlishments this first year...Jack !...and...Squat !! "...not to mention that he's made everything worse...including race relations...

Giocamo's photo
Mon 11/23/09 11:37 AM

OK Gio....so you follow polls depending on who does them??? If so, how do you, personally, decide who to trust?

based on sample size...how it's weighted...politically and demographicly...like I said...Rasmussen is probably the most accurate...he predicted that Obama would win by 6.5%...the final results were Obama 52.7% McCain 46.3%...1% other...pretty fuggin' accurate...

Giocamo's photo
Mon 11/23/09 11:17 AM
Edited by Giocamo on Mon 11/23/09 11:17 AM

I'm not looking to say someone is right or wrong here....I'm just curious as to how people see polls

Rasmussen is the best...he does a 1500 sample of likely votes...everynight...so he uses a three day rolling average...he also breaks down the sample based on the % of white, black, hispanic, female, male, and independent voters...his poll has Obamacare at 38% approval...57% against...Obamas overall approval is 46%...the same as Zogby...Gallup on the other hand is over weighted in Dems and Black samples...hence...it's always a few points better for Obama then Rasmussen and Zogby...

Giocamo's photo
Sun 11/22/09 10:22 AM
once again...my friend...Thomas Sowell...

Many years ago, at a certain academic institution, there was an experimental program that the faculty had to vote on as to whether or not it should be made permanent.

I rose at the faculty meeting to say that I knew practically nothing about whether the program was good or bad, and that the information that had been supplied to us was too vague for us to have any basis for voting, one way or the other. My suggestion was that we get more concrete information before having a vote.

The director of that program rose immediately and responded indignantly and sarcastically to what I had just said — and the faculty gave him a standing ovation.

After the faculty meeting was over, I told a colleague that I was stunned and baffled by the faculty's fierce response to my simply saying that we needed more information before voting.

"Tom, you don't understand," he said. "Those people need to believe in that man. They have invested so much hope and trust in him that they cannot let you stir up any doubts."

Years later, and hundreds of miles away, I learned that my worst misgivings about that program did not begin to approach the reality, which included organized criminal activity.

The memory of that long-ago episode has come back more than once while observing both the actions of the Obama administration and the fierce reactions of its supporters to any questioning or criticism.

Almost never do these reactions include factual or logical arguments against the administration's critics. Instead, there is indignation, accusations of bad faith and even charges of racism.

Here too, it seems as if so many people have invested so much hope and trust in Barack Obama that it is intolerable that anyone should come along and stir up any doubts that could threaten their house of cards.

Among the most pathetic letters and e-mails I receive are those from people who ask why I don't write more "positively" about Obama or "give him the benefit of the doubt."

No one — not even the President of the United States — has an entitlement to a "positive" response to his actions. The entitlement mentality has eroded the once common belief that you earned things, including respect, instead of being given them.

As for the benefit of the doubt, no one — especially not the President of the United States — is entitled to that, when his actions can jeopardize the rights of 300 million Americans domestically and the security of the nation in an international jungle, where nuclear weapons may soon be in the hands of people with suicidal fanaticism. Will it take a mushroom cloud over an American city to make that clear? Was 9/11 not enough?

When a President of the United States has begun the process of dismantling America from within, and exposing us to dangerous enemies outside, the time is long past for being concerned about his public image. He has his own press agents for that.

Internationally, Barack Obama has made every mistake that was made by the Western democracies in the 1930s, mistakes that put Hitler in a position to start World War II — and come dangerously close to winning it.

At the heart of those mistakes was trying to mollify your enemies by throwing your friends to the wolves. The Obama administration has already done that by reneging on this country's commitment to put a missile defense shield in Eastern Europe and by its lackadaisical foot-dragging on doing anything serious to stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons. That means, for all practical purposes, throwing Israel to the wolves as well.

Countries around the world that have to look out for their own national survival, above all, are not going to ignore how much Obama has downgraded the reliability of America's commitments.

Iraq, for example, knows that Iran is going to be next door forever while Americans may be gone in a few years. South Korea likewise knows that North Korea is permanently next door but who knows when the Obama administration will get a bright idea to pull out? Countries in South America know that Hugo Chavez is allying Venezuela with Iran. Dare they ally themselves with an unreliable U.S.A.? Or should they join our enemies to work against us?

This issue is too serious for squeamish silence.

Giocamo's photo
Sun 11/22/09 10:15 AM
For your Sunday morning reading pleasure...I give you...my friend Thomas Sowell...

Just one year ago, would you have believed that an unelected government official, not even a Cabinet member confirmed by the Senate but simply one of the many "czars" appointed by the President, could arbitrarily cut the pay of executives in private businesses by 50 percent or 90 percent?

Did you think that another "czar" would be talking about restricting talk radio? That there would be plans afloat to subsidize newspapers — that is, to create a situation where some newspapers' survival would depend on the government liking what they publish?

Did you imagine that anyone would even be talking about having a panel of so-called "experts" deciding who could and could not get life-saving medical treatments?

Scary as that is from a medical standpoint, it is also chilling from the standpoint of freedom. If you have a mother who needs a heart operation or a child with some dire medical condition, how free would you feel to speak out against an administration that has the power to make life and death decisions about your loved ones?

Does any of this sound like America?

How about a federal agency giving school children material to enlist them on the side of the president? Merely being assigned to sing his praises in class is apparently not enough.

How much of America would be left if the federal government continued on this path? President Obama has already floated the idea of a national police force, something we have done without for more than two centuries.

We already have local police forces all across the country and military forces for national defense, as well as the FBI for federal crimes and the National Guard for local emergencies. What would be the role of a national police force created by Barack Obama, with all its leaders appointed by him? It would seem more like the brown shirts of dictators than like anything American.

How far the President will go depends of course on how much resistance he meets. But the direction in which he is trying to go tells us more than all his rhetoric or media spin.

Barack Obama has not only said that he is out to "change the United States of America," the people he has been associated with for years have expressed in words and deeds their hostility to the values, the principles and the people of this country.

Jeremiah Wright said it with words: "God damn America!" Bill Ayers said it with bombs that he planted. Community activist goons have said it with their contempt for the rights of other people.

Among the people appointed as czars by President Obama have been people who have praised enemy dictators like Mao, who have seen the public schools as places to promote sexual practices contrary to the values of most Americans, to a captive audience of children.

Those who say that the Obama administration should have investigated those people more thoroughly before appointing them are missing the point completely. Why should we assume that Barack Obama didn't know what such people were like, when he has been associating with precisely these kinds of people for decades before he reached the White House?

Nothing is more consistent with his lifelong patterns than putting such people in government — people who reject American values, resent Americans in general and successful Americans in particular, as well as resenting America's influence in the world.

Any miscalculation on his part would be in not thinking that others would discover what these stealth appointees were like. Had it not been for the Fox News Channel, these stealth appointees might have remained unexposed for what they are. Fox News is now high on the administration's enemies list.

Nothing so epitomizes President Obama's own contempt for American values and traditions like trying to ram two bills through Congress in his first year — each bill more than a thousand pages long — too fast for either of them to be read, much less discussed. That he succeeded only the first time says that some people are starting to wake up. Whether enough people will wake up in time to keep America from being dismantled, piece by piece, is another question — and the biggest question for this generation.

Giocamo's photo
Sun 11/22/09 09:56 AM

I (and I'm sure people will disagree) would like to dig up and use DNA from both Regan and Goldwater and splice it together and clone Barry Regan and put him in the White House.

Nope.
I'm an Independent.
Always have been. Always will be.

As an unaffiliated and unbiased participant in every election since 1978, I can honestly say it is time for the Republican Party to cease as a major political Party in America.

They are corrupt to the core and bent on securing power despite America's best interests or the wishes of it's people.
They have no ethics.

I agree. I am unaffiliated so I am watching all parties. There is a problem in the Republican party and it is bringing this country down.

you're kidding me right ?...laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Hmmm the democrats have been in control of congress since when? People still want to blame Bush but who was in control of congress for some time? Now we have a liberal leader and a liberal congress, look out America. get ready to bend over 'cause we're gonna get it if we don't stop it.

gulp !!...you definitely have a way with words...re-gulp !!...LOL

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25