Community > Posts By > breathless1

breathless1's photo
Sun 09/28/08 12:21 AM
Edited by breathless1 on Sun 09/28/08 12:23 AM

Whoa you've missed the point. Strike any living creature and expect it to do what it must to alleviate fear, restore its control, and preserve itself among many other things...which might very well include retaliation considering that's a very natural and logical response--that being suppress or eliminate the threat. - Much has vast influence over the psyche of a child, and I'd say that teaching them that there are other not so natural ways to act and react, and that might be far more powerful. Move naturally in chess, and watch your pieces disappear. That is my mindset. I'm totally aware that striking a child on occasion can have its benefits , just as long as they know that it's a lesson and that it's not out of mindlessness. I never said retaliation wasn't important, but no one can disagree that it isn't abuse to some degree.

This type of corporal punishment is meant to embarrass, but humility is best learned self-taught.

Very well stated, and please read my humble retaliation and apology above as it was pointed out to me by Winx your potential intention with our post, Username. You are right, I did read to quickly and missed your point. I stand corrected, and we are on the same page. :wink:

breathless1's photo
Sun 09/28/08 12:14 AM

So...the moral of the story is....NO NOODLES!!!laugh

Yes, NO NOODLES of any kind! noway

My experience sure put a different spin on the current advertising slogan for Spaghettios at the time -UTTT OHHHHHH, Spaghettiooooos!!! noway laugh

Ladies, just a bit of advice on putting vegetable rhines down the drain which your man of the house will have to fish out for you?

Do NOT put any squash product down there, ok? It really is very gross and feels and looks like a placenta upon retrieval.

Thanks in advance! flowerforyou

breathless1's photo
Sun 09/28/08 12:04 AM
I don't like peanuts, but I do like peanut butter.

Go figure. Just read my profile. It fits my bipolar'ish personality I guess. ohwell

breathless1's photo
Sun 09/28/08 12:02 AM

I learned the hard way too when I had my very first disposal (years ago). laugh

I would say IDIOT to you, but how could I? I did the same thing in my early 20's with my first g.d. after I tried to SHOVE a burnt potful of Spaghettioooooo's down her! laugh

breathless1's photo
Sat 09/27/08 11:55 PM

Breathless,

I read it as him saying that striking a child teaches them to retaliate.ohwell

Point taken and benefit of the doubt afforded. Thank you for making me read it twice, Winx. flowerforyou

breathless1's photo
Sat 09/27/08 11:47 PM

And never put noodles into the garbage disposal!!

laugh laugh laugh

And where were you when my ex-wife tried to shove down a whole pot of burnt linguine in the garbage disposal??? grumble

breathless1's photo
Sat 09/27/08 11:43 PM
Edited by breathless1 on Sat 09/27/08 11:45 PM

ummmm....I just try to put FOOD down the garbage disposal..
jeesh cut a person a break, ive never had a garbage disposal before..I don't intentionally break it..

Ummm...cut a dude a break here and call it a truce. if you have never had a garbage disposal before, then you should learn you can only put certain FOOD products down it.

I never said you intentionally broke your disposal, did I? Cause, well, that would just be stupid, right?

What I am saying, as I have had to say to many *women* before is do not let a simple garbage disposal make you lazy! Be certain to fully scrape your dishes in the garbage can before rinsing and never assume it can grind and dispose of all meat bones, vegetable rhinds forever (i.e., potato scrapings, onion skins, corn husks, etc.). It's only a little guy and can handle so much.

Ice is a nifty trick to attempt to sharpen the blades for future use, but it will only go so far. Just be sure to always run water while crunching up your SMALL food bits in the disposal. Be gentle on the little guy!

Again, I wish you luck and highly advise you to read-up on how to effectively use this piece of equipment before you run into this problem...again. :wink:

breathless1's photo
Sat 09/27/08 11:25 PM

Tell us how you REALLY feel???

I think I just did. ohwell

I'll go to his office dressed as a hot dog for you Jilly ... no charge

That's my thinking too, if you women would look a bit deeper into my writing. Sheesh! ohwell

I mentioned a beenie weenie candle-lit dinner, which would really mean more to me than my loved one spending money she couldn't afford on me.

I'm just saying, be original and creative. Some of the best gifts I got from my ex-wife she made by hand or crafted with little effort or money.

breathless1's photo
Sat 09/27/08 11:12 PM
Edited by breathless1 on Sat 09/27/08 11:16 PM

Of course there is the abuse factor psychologically, and I don't see how striking a person has ever caused them to do anything other than retaliate.

You are joking here right, dude? Do you not even see how idiotic and totally psycho your response is? Do you not even notice the oxymoron in your statement? noway

I haven't looked at your profile to see if you have kids or not, but if you are of the mindset that nothing you say or do to a child does not potentially mold them into the person they will become and how they react or don't react to life's struggles, you are sadly mistaken.

I may be a flower child of the 60's, but there is some validity in the song lyrics "teach your children well". flowerforyou

Yes, I'm editing after viewing that guy's profile and I was right - he does not have children, go figure.

breathless1's photo
Sat 09/27/08 10:55 PM
Edited by breathless1 on Sat 09/27/08 10:56 PM

The only thing that I have to really wonder about is how someone like that manages not to get eaten by a bear.

Sheesh.

Good one! You deserve a slap on the back and a free beer for that one, buddy! :laughing:

breathless1's photo
Sat 09/27/08 10:50 PM
$54.00 for what I call heart attack on a warm bun for a loved one? noway

I'm not much for recognizing birthdays, so I would just settle for a nice candlelit, home cooked meal of beanie weenies and a cheesy musical hallmark card.

Also, if you that hard pressed to afford $54 for a birthday present, you may want to consider cancelling your monthly internet service bill.

Just a friendly thought. ohwell

breathless1's photo
Sat 09/27/08 10:25 PM
My ex-wife was a chain smoker for years. She would quit easily while pregnant with our two children, but would always pick the habit back up after giving birth and the nursing stage.

When my daughter was diagnosed with asthma, she realized she must quit for keeps. She tried every angle in the book, but what worked and is still working for her 10 years later was the cold turkey method.

She did everything the woman above being quoted has posted about changing all her usual habits around smoking. It was challenging for her (and me and the children), to say the least, but she always says that if it hadn't been that difficult for her, she would never have remembered where she crawled out of with her addiction to nicotine.

I guess sometimes we need to reflect on how bad things were for us to appreciate how wonderful things are for us now to appreciate the growth and/or successes we have made in life.

So, let's face it and be real here. Smoking is a very nasty and deadly habit. You know it, we all know it. Let the withdrawal be nasty and disgusting as well. Don't try and sugarcoat it with fads of this, that and the other.

Just do it and SUFFER! Can't we all agree we have learned more from our suffering in life?

Best of luck to you. flowerforyou

breathless1's photo
Sat 09/27/08 10:03 PM
Edited by breathless1 on Sat 09/27/08 10:05 PM

For crying out loud, just call a plumber woman! laugh

dude....i fix all my own broken thingys my self thank you very much....biggrin biggrin biggrin

besdies i got a landlord...i just dont want to call him to unclog it (again)

"chick", clearly you do not fix all your broken thingies yourself or else this broken thingy would have long been fixed by now and you wouldn't be seeking "plumber help" online! ohwell

Just call the plumber and send breathless the bill....lol

Yes, please do! I'd gladly pay the bill for the lady because she will likely loose a digit, a broom handle, short-circuit something or continue to stench up her house before figuring out the problem. :laughing:

Oh, and since you mentioned calling your landlord (again) to unclog your drain, how about you just stop putting junk down there that doesn't belong down there, huh? laugh

breathless1's photo
Sat 09/27/08 09:52 PM
Edited by breathless1 on Sat 09/27/08 09:55 PM

Has anyone been paddled when they were in school?

Do you believe paddling should be allowed in schools?

I was paddled many times in grade school. It didn't do any good. I just became more pi$$ed off at authority figures.

No, if anyone is going to lay a hand or a paddle on my children, it will be me. I am the ultimate authority of my children and will render any corporal punishment when I feel it warrants it, which would be never. rant

A school system and it's staff can impose any form of punishment they want on my children within the confines of suspension, study hall, extra homework, etc. But, don't you dare lay an angry or punishing hand on my children. explode

I feel the same way as you do.

I need to confess that I have spanked my children for certain wrongdoings, or even smacked their hands before when they were going to touch or eat something harmful when they were smaller. I think it's a natural response as a parent to react in a reactionary and quick response way. You want to get their attention quickly, right?

However, as my children have grown and learned that "No means NO" and the basics of wrong from right, me and my ex-wife found a way to actually talk to our children and figure out what is the best way to punish them that makes a lasting impression and provides a lesson well learned vs. a bruise or scar on their body.

So again, touch my children in a negative or abusive way...and you will face me to contend with. rant

breathless1's photo
Sat 09/27/08 09:37 PM
For crying out loud, just call a plumber woman! laugh

breathless1's photo
Sat 09/27/08 09:32 PM

Has anyone been paddled when they were in school?

Do you believe paddling should be allowed in schools?

I was paddled many times in grade school. It didn't do any good. I just became more pi$$ed off at authority figures.

No, if anyone is going to lay a hand or a paddle on my children, it will be me. I am the ultimate authority of my children and will render any corporal punishment when I feel it warrants it, which would be never. rant

A school system and it's staff can impose any form of punishment they want on my children within the confines of suspension, study hall, extra homework, etc. But, don't you dare lay an angry or punishing hand on my children. explode

breathless1's photo
Sat 09/27/08 09:21 PM

it has been clogged for a week...
I get very nauseous when i think about
sticking my hand in it to remove the YUCK

and pressin the lil red button doesnt work

You having it clogged for a whole week is enough to make me puke too. Just use Drano. That's what it's advertised for. Always has worked like a charm for me.

But, letting it go for a week? Dynamite might be the only solution now. Good luck with that. ohwell

breathless1's photo
Sat 09/27/08 09:09 PM
May be an odd or harsh introduction of myself on the forums for this site, but I really could care less if anyone likes you or not either.

So, I guess I have found someone I have something in common with already on here. Should I add you to my mutual match list? smitten :laughing:

1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 23 Next