Community > Posts By > Overcomer2008

Overcomer2008's photo
Thu 08/06/09 12:18 AM

It is a confidence thing. When you stop carrying all the pressure of "I have to MEET someone" or "I NEVER have any luck" or "There is some mystical quality that everyone has BUT ME"; then you can relax and develop some confidence.

If you like the way a girl looks, look her in the eye for Christsake and smile. Be genuine and sincere; and DON'T MAKE IT INTO SOMETHING IT ISN'T.

You aren't looking to be a player, so don't try to do what they do. Drop your expectations and accept whatever bounties are bestowed upon you. If it is only a 15 minute conversation... then that is what it is. If it is an invitation to spend more time together... then that is what it is.

This is a good reply and reminds me of myself when I was younger. I used to have this problem specifically where I would panic about making the right impression. I made a lot of gains since then and am opposite now and have no problems approaching women and talking (job i had came in handy for this), I am pretty confident when it comes to that. And I like talking even if nothing comes out of it, just feel invisible in general. My friends constantly tell me about how all these women blatantly check them out and while I'm sure they probably exaggerate some of it, I'm sure they aren't totally lying and they are not really much better looking or confident than me. In my case I just don't see it even if I dress nice, put on cologne, blah blah blah. Of course maybe I'm just not perceptive enough but I think maybe lots of guys might have felt this way at one point or another

Overcomer2008's photo
Thu 08/06/09 12:05 AM
I can understand where whining would be a turn off. I would not fault for someone for being turned off by someone who is negative and dumps their problems. I know that well enough and that isn't what the post is about. The post is about seeming to be invisible to your opposite sex. I'm happy to know others relate and that I'm not the only one.

Overcomer2008's photo
Wed 08/05/09 11:56 PM

I constantly feel this way that i'm ignored. My friends always go out and seem to attract women. I try my hardest and go in with the right mind set but it seems like I can't even get anyone to look in my direction. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has felt this way....

I dont go out in the 'dating scene'.

Strange thing though...

Seem to be actually working in reverse. I'm attracting more women and having a great time.

Some of them have become friends...

Some of them I am still gettin to know.

very interesting. If you don't go out how are you managing to pull this off?

Overcomer2008's photo
Wed 08/05/09 11:52 PM
Edited by Overcomer2008 on Wed 08/05/09 11:53 PM
No, I don't whine (besides this post). I am pretty positive but have no luck. My friends are naturals, don't know how they do it. They draw women without even trying most of the time. I have female friends too but can't seem to get past the friendship stage.

Overcomer2008's photo
Wed 08/05/09 11:49 PM
I constantly feel this way that i'm ignored. My friends always go out and seem to attract women. I try my hardest and go in with the right mind set but it seems like I can't even get anyone to look in my direction. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has felt this way....

Overcomer2008's photo
Wed 08/05/09 11:43 PM
some not all. i know those zombie novel writers are anything but hopeless romantics lol

Overcomer2008's photo
Wed 08/05/09 11:39 PM
they start out great but then the other person loses interest. in those times ive been told it's because i am too nice.....i dont really like to fight with others. i guess being more firm would help my situation even tho. i'm not really big on giving orders. i'd make team decisions in a relationshp

Overcomer2008's photo
Wed 08/05/09 11:24 PM
shallowness. just like a lot of women shy away from guys who don't have some high paying career.

Overcomer2008's photo
Wed 08/05/09 11:23 PM
nah. i see everyone as an individual so you never know what that particular person prefers. i'd say you have a shot with everyone. you neever know until you try.

Overcomer2008's photo
Wed 08/05/09 11:21 PM
i prefer to be friends with a girl first to see if we get along. problem is in my case a lot of times one i am a friend the girl will not go further heh

Overcomer2008's photo
Wed 08/05/09 11:20 PM
many times. i have no luck. things are always great in the beginning but don't work out after. from what i've been told it's because i am too nice...okkkkay

Overcomer2008's photo
Sun 10/19/08 02:59 PM

They all like it but for looking bad. No need to be ashamed, we aren't living the victorian times anymore.

What are you talking about?

sorry, fixed grammar.

Overcomer2008's photo
Sun 10/19/08 02:42 PM
Their on the rise. I read something a while back about more guys then ever before from America getting with foreign girls.

Overcomer2008's photo
Sun 10/19/08 02:23 PM
Edited by Overcomer2008 on Sun 10/19/08 02:37 PM
Maybe he cheated himself and felt guilty about it? Believe it or not this happens a lot, especially when it's irrational and out of nowhere.

Overcomer2008's photo
Sun 10/19/08 02:22 PM
Seemsl ike it when the divorce rate in the country is over 60%

Overcomer2008's photo
Sun 10/19/08 02:21 PM
Edited by Overcomer2008 on Sun 10/19/08 02:22 PM
Well,most guys I know (including myself) really want a woman that is attractive,kind and compatible enough for a long term relationship.

Overcomer2008's photo
Sun 10/19/08 02:19 PM
You tell me haha

I think I'm single though because I am always working or studying for school. I don't think about women until I see them.

Overcomer2008's photo
Sun 10/19/08 02:18 PM
Edited by Overcomer2008 on Sun 10/19/08 02:59 PM
They all like it but alot fear for looking bad for it. No need to be ashamed, we aren't living the victorian times anymore.

Overcomer2008's photo
Sun 10/19/08 02:16 PM
Whether it be good or bad.

Overcomer2008's photo
Sun 10/19/08 02:13 PM
Over the Wall by Testament.

Previous 1