Community > Posts By > Th3Dv8

no photo
Fri 01/30/15 04:29 AM
Account Deleted .

waving

no photo
Fri 01/30/15 01:53 AM

lol Earth like ??

Whats Earthlike , round with a nearby star ?

When they get a rover to do tests of atmosphere , gravity , water etc etc , until then its out of the realms of what you,d call science ?

You may not want to beleive in a GOD but you will be forced to , unfortunately ...

indifferent indifferent indifferent

lol professor of mathematics is not science ?? I did say christian .

allready spent a minute to long debating you , cheer's .

what r the odds frustrated

Forced to? What do mean with that? You gods SS interrogator here on Earth or something?? You think you know everything, because you know the bible inside out, that you're superior to all us mere minions, because you think you're going to heaven, when you pop your clogs one day. Have you ever thought that it might be YOU, who's wrong when that day finally arrived? Pure bummer for you if that were the case, eh? laugh laugh laugh

The Bible says that all will be 'forced to acknowledge ' Jesus as LORD ...Your knee will bend and you will bow out of fear (when the door is shut ) your option for survival is over .

No i do not think i am superior in 'any' way , i am fearfull for you guys as Christians know whats comming , we know there will come a time very soon when it is to late to turn to CHRIST , we know that then you's will wish that you had've listened , Christians are grieving for the world now as we know whats comming ...

Why is my message so blunt ? Becuase it has to be , Christians the world over know how close we are , so we have to 'step it up'
Do you expect us to keep quiet ? Do you want us to keep quiet ?
We cannot , GOD wants 'all' to survive ...

your "fearful"? lol, why? whats it to you if i go to heaven or hell?
for the last thousand years, you people have talking about the "second" coming, and not one has been right yet...

if your so sure, you wouldn't have this compulsion to save everyone, seems to me your just scared that your not right...if your god wanted us all to survive, then we would, plain and simple...

My GOD ? that'd be 'our' GOD , us guys have been saying that for the last thousand years ? 2012 for instance ? you,s guy's pinned 'that' failure on 'US' as well , it was only Christians who didnt take no notice of it ...

You have fallen for the deception Satan wants you to , desensitised to end time prophecies ....Hollywood has been doing it for ages , so when the world falls apart around you it will be ' continue as usual ' so zombied by hollywood that 'nothing' will wake you up ...
Jesus said 'no-body knows the day or hour ' but gave a series of events to show it was 'at the door'

The Last days started when Jesus Rose from the grave on the third day , so we are in the last seconds of human history , jesus said Catastophes would become closer together the closer we got to his return , he spelled out what to look for at 'the end of the age' .

Becuase it doesnt make the news , what makes the news is 'how much air is in footballs ' ?

behind the scene's excactly as predicted just before jesus returns , these things ARE happening , micro-chipping is beginning to be rolled out .

The Economy is about to Crash Hard , along with the U.S .

A One world Government is arising .'

Religion is being turned on .

Earthquakes and volcanic eruptions are increasing .

Again these are rumblings of what it about to break loose .

Another prophecy involves you moe and everybody ....

" Every knee will bend and acknowledge Jesus as LORD "

You wont be forced to , your fear will force you to , you will realize you have been fooled and your creator will ask your reason for you foolishness ...

As i said ' Becuase science told me so isnt going to cut it '

If you think i am harsh ? Gods Day , God taking this planet back is going to be frightning to say the least , There will be an EarthQuake so powerfull it will make the Earth wobble on it axis .

'blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.'

Won't be replying or spending anymore time on these relgious/biblical topics and im a christian , what atheists are doing here is anybodies guess .

Good Luck and God Bless all ...waving

no photo
Thu 01/29/15 07:39 PM

lol Earth like ??

When they get a rover to do tests of atmosphere , gravity , water etc etc , until then its out of the realms of what you,d call science ?

You may not want to beleive in a GOD but you will be forced to , unfortunately ...

Forced to? What do mean with that? You gods SS interrogator here on Earth or something?? You think you know everything, because you know the bible inside out, that you're superior to all us mere minions, because you think you're going to heaven, when you pop your clogs one day. Have you ever thought that it might be YOU, who's wrong when that day finally arrived? Pure bummer for you if that were the case, eh? laugh laugh laugh

The Bible says that all will be 'forced to acknowledge ' Jesus as LORD ...Your knee will bend and you will bow out of fear (when the door is shut ) your option for survival is over .

No i do not think i am superior in 'any' way , i am fearfull for you guys as Christians know whats comming , we know there will come a time very soon when it is to late to turn to CHRIST , we know that then you's will wish that you had've listened , Christians are grieving for the world now as we know whats comming ...

Why is my message so blunt ? Becuase it has to be , Christians the world over know how close we are , so we have to 'step it up'
Do you expect us to keep quiet ? Do you want us to keep quiet ?
We cannot , GOD wants 'all' to survive ...

no photo
Thu 01/29/15 02:31 AM
Edited by Th3Dv8 on Thu 01/29/15 02:36 AM

hypothetical... if we! where to ban Religion remove all signs of religion.. no more passing down of the written word..ie.. all religious documents..
.. where would religion be then?.
.. without the passing down from generation to generation...
of the teachings of religion and the written word of religion...
.. I believe people would still be.. looking out into the universe.
asking themselves.. why am I.! here.. where do we come from..
.. what's out there.... in the universe.... so given that this new generation.. does not have the stories of old..ie.. Jesus ,Noah ,Moses
... the Quran... and the countless other ... religious dogma....
.. and the fact that God ,has not made himself present.. globally.. for a very very long time... where would this new generation get their religious beliefs from...hmm... Are would they just rely ,more heavily upon science..
.... I'm going to go with science..

. but you never know.. a talking burning bush could happen.. I would laugh out loud but I don't want to..
. push my luck just in case I'm wrong..lol

God hasnt made himself known in a very very long time ? i guess you would know in your 70 years ?

The miracle of a newborn baby is not enough for stubborn minded Atheists ...Could go with the miracle of creation , miracle of our universe , the miracles keep comming , science cannot 'test' miracles so they hypothesise .

Love to be a fly on the wall when you bring up the tooth fairy at the end of your time here .

The Bible predicts damascus will soon be a ruinus heap and the nations will ALL turn on Israel , seems to me GODS time to return is getting near ...Did also say before its predicted the comming one world government will ban religion .

You think he's absent from a being from infinity to infinity 7000 years is but 7 days , your 70 years is not even a blink , yet you say 'where is GOD '

The burning bush btw was only a point of reference becuase IF moses had've seen God he would have died instantly as recorded in the bible .

aghh , frustrated im outa here , cant compete with ignorance , interesting tho it is why the interest in Religion and GOD from Atheists , you,s either are really bored or curious ?

Either way i havent the time to endulge in circular debates .

no photo
Thu 01/29/15 02:15 AM
Edited by Th3Dv8 on Thu 01/29/15 02:20 AM
lol Earth like ??

no photo
Thu 01/29/15 01:38 AM
Edited by Th3Dv8 on Thu 01/29/15 01:54 AM

there's billions of stars out there im sure at least 0,1 % can support life
so the question did they visit yet or they are travelling the space to visit us if they can't find better planet to visit

there's billions of stars in just our galaxy alone, the milky way...
and, on top of that, there's another 100 billion galaxy's out there...

The chances for this 'one' universe to have even ONE planet supporting life is mathematically impossible, because the probability of a simple, basic cell forming is 10^57800 to 1.
let thank sink in, that is 1 with 57,800 zeros after it and the number of atoms in the observable universe is 10^80, and any probability past 10^50 to 1 is deemed universally impossible .

The only explanation that 'discounts a Supreme intelligence is an unprovable 'multiverse' ...If one of the natural constants was one hairs width off we wouldnt exist , that is like winning first division lottery every day for thousands of years , impossible .

The whole Universe was created for us , we need several 'generations' of stars to provide enough carbon for life ...IF there is other LIFE , we are the most intelligent 'according to the word ' and makes sense to me IF there was 'more' intelligent life they would of visited us by now and amature astronomers would easily pick them up , they NOWHERE ....

IF you really want to do the math , we shouldnt be here :smile:

damn,did you ever step in it again!laugh
Hovind is a very poor choice to get your Science from!

possibly so he's a bit 'hard' to listen to , you can deny all you like , you will deny until you meet your maker i have no doubt , does that make you right ? hardly .

"the rumors of Gods death were premature. More amazing is that the relatively recent case for his existence comes from a surprising place�science itself."

No-Sh#t einstein , it is Science thats backs creation ...

as far as science finding 'Alien life ?'

"As of 2014, researchers have discovered precisely bubkis�0 followed by nothing." The Universe is Deafening in its silence !

What happened? As our knowledge of the universe increased, it became clear that there were far more factors necessary for life than Sagan supposed. His two parameters grew to 10 and then 20 and then 50, and so the number of potentially life-supporting planets decreased accordingly. The number dropped to a few thousand planets and kept on plummeting.

Even SETI proponents acknowledged the problem. Peter Schenkel wrote in a 2006 piece for Skeptical Inquirer magazine: �In light of new findings and insights, it seems appropriate to put excessive euphoria to rest . . . . We should quietly admit that the early estimates . . . may no longer be tenable.��

As factors continued to be discovered, the number of possible planets hit zero, and kept going. In other words, the odds turned against any planet in the universe supporting life, including this one. Probability said that even we shouldnt be here.

Today there are more than 200 known parameters necessary for a planet to support life�every single one of which must be perfectly met, or the whole thing falls apart. Without a massive planet like Jupiter nearby, whose gravity will draw away asteroids, a thousand times as many would hit Earths surface. The odds against life in the universe are simply astonishing.

Yet here we are, not only existing, but talking about existing. What can account for it? Can every one of those many parameters have been perfect by accident? At what point is it fair to admit that science suggests that we cannot be the result of random forces? Doesnt assuming that an intelligence created these perfect conditions require far less faith than believing that a life-sustaining Earth just happened to beat the inconceivable odds to come into being?

Theres more. The fine-tuning necessary for life to exist on a planet is nothing compared with the fine-tuning required for the universe to exist at all. For example, astrophysicists now know that the values of the four fundamental forces��gravity, the electromagnetic force, and the strong�and weak�nuclear forces��were determined less than one millionth of a second after the big bang. Alter any one value and the universe could not exist. For instance, if the ratio between the nuclear strong force and the electromagnetic force had been off by the tiniest fraction of the tiniest fraction��by even one part in 100,000,000,000,000,000��then no stars could have ever formed at all. Feel free to digest that .

Multiply that single parameter by all the other necessary conditions, and the odds against the universe existing are so heart-stoppingly astronomical that the notion that it all�just happened� defies common sense. It would be like tossing a coin and having it come up heads 10 quintillion times in a row. Really?

Fred Hoyle, the astronomer who coined the term �big bang, said that his atheism was�greatly shaken�at these developments. He later wrote that�a common-sense interpretation of the facts suggests that a super-intellect has monkeyed with the physics, as well as with chemistry and biology . . . . The numbers one calculates from the facts seem to me so overwhelming as to put this conclusion almost beyond question.�

Theoretical physicist Paul Davies has said that the appearance of design is overwhelming�and Oxford professor Dr. John Lennox has said�the more we get to know about our universe, the more the hypothesis that there is a Creator . . . gains in credibility as the best explanation of why we are here.

Then we want to bring Aliens into the equation ? Really . Even a 5 yr old would ask ' where did they come from ?'��

http://www.wsj.com/articles/eric-metaxas-science-increasingly-makes-the-case-for-god-1419544568

I met John Lennox in Adelaide , great Scientist and Christian ...

no photo
Wed 01/28/15 11:55 PM
Edited by Th3Dv8 on Wed 01/28/15 11:57 PM

there's billions of stars out there im sure at least 0,1 % can support life
so the question did they visit yet or they are travelling the space to visit us if they can't find better planet to visit

there's billions of stars in just our galaxy alone, the milky way...
and, on top of that, there's another 100 billion galaxy's out there...

The chances for this 'one' universe to have even ONE planet supporting life is mathematically impossible, because the probability of a simple, basic cell forming is 10^57800 to 1.
let thank sink in, that is 1 with 57,800 zeros after it and the number of atoms in the observable universe is 10^80, and any probability past 10^50 to 1 is deemed universally impossible .

The only explanation that 'discounts a Supreme intelligence is an unprovable 'multiverse' ...If one of the natural constants was one hairs width off we wouldnt exist , that is like winning first division lottery every day for thousands of years , impossible .

The whole Universe was created for us , we need several 'generations' of stars to provide enough carbon for life ...IF there is other LIFE , we are the most intelligent 'according to the word ' and makes sense to me IF there was 'more' intelligent life they would of visited us by now and amature astronomers would easily pick them up , they NOWHERE ....

IF you really want to do the math , we shouldnt be here :smile:

no photo
Wed 01/28/15 11:40 PM

There is a theory that dopamine is responsible for religious traits and that those with abnormal levels take their learned beliefs to extreme levels .. Hence all the crazy cults and terrorists who act in the name of religion . No need to ban religion .. Subject everyone to compulsory dopamine testing :-)

Yer dopamine explains why where here slaphead ....

Science , Science , Science , how do you get 'love' from science ?
how do you get love from science .. lmao .. love is just an emotion ..and like all emotions is under chemical control .. Hormones regulate functions in your body and without them you would not be alive or have any thought capacity to worry about whether religion exists or not . fact you are just a mass of cells under hormonal control and if you keep banging your head like that you will damage your hypothalamus and mid brain .. clearly you were not paying attention at school

Stage 1: Lust
This is the first stage of love and is driven by the sex hormones testosterone and oestrogen – in both men and women.

Stage 2: Attraction
This is the amazing time when you are truly love-struck and can think of little else. Scientists think that three main neurotransmitters are involved in this stage; adrenaline, dopamine and serotonin.

Adrenaline
The initial stages of falling for someone activates your stress response, increasing your blood levels of adrenalin and cortisol. This has the charming effect that when you unexpectedly bump into your new love, you start to sweat, your heart races and your mouth goes dry.

Dopamine
Helen Fisher asked newly ‘love struck’ couples to have their brains examined and discovered they have high levels of the neurotransmitter dopamine. This chemical stimulates ‘desire and reward’ by triggering an intense rush of pleasure. It has the same effect on the brain as taking cocaine!

That is 'clearly' describes 'lust' , your heart racing and mouth going dry is attraction/infactuation , you still havent described 'love' ....

Not that i feel like getting into 'endless' debates with non-believers .

no thanks .( there's a theory for everything )

This 'is' religion chat after all . flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 01/28/15 10:29 PM

There is a theory that dopamine is responsible for religious traits and that those with abnormal levels take their learned beliefs to extreme levels .. Hence all the crazy cults and terrorists who act in the name of religion . No need to ban religion .. Subject everyone to compulsory dopamine testing :-)

Yer dopamine explains why where here slaphead ....

Science , Science , Science , how do you get 'love' from science ?

no photo
Wed 01/28/15 10:13 PM
Edited by Th3Dv8 on Wed 01/28/15 10:27 PM

We live on a Planet, in a volatile environment, space! There's things out there that could end the World instantaniously, but the biggest threat is that we blow ourselves up. I'm fed up hearing people trying to throw the bible down my throat, as if they know everything? They know as much, as anyone? F**k all!! They don't want to look at the scientific explanations for things, only what their narrow-minded, brainwashed heads tells them. Mad!!

The Holy Bible is our book of study, not the scientific explanation for things, and we cannot know the mind of the creator (THE ALMIGHTY GOD) without looking into the Bible.
There are many souls that had the opportunity to study it when they were living but they despised it and didn't obey and now regretting in eternal condemnation. They didn't believe, some argued even when they heard the gospel preached like you've red this and not convinced owing to your state of belief.
Cling to the Bible.
Toks, do you know anyone who has first hand knowledge of this mate? Bet you don't? You're living your life from a book, that was pieced together from scriptures written by a lot of people, in a lot of countries, a long time ago. I actually believe in a supreme being, but i believe in my own way, not the way people try to dictate to me about what they believe. I'm not a Sheep, that's called free will and we all have it. :smile: :smile:

I,d have to agree with Kington2 , what are you doing here ?

Yes you have free will , free will to discount the bible and end time signs , you believe what you like ...

I can say the 'end times are here for sure' heck even science is saying it and it happens to match up perfectly with bible prophecy , you will like most scoff along with the scoffers ...

It aint going to change our views , what is certain if GOD is real is that ' every knee WILL bend and every tongue WILL acknowledge JESUS IS LORD ...

So stop your hate on us and save it for JESUS ...

So many intelectual Scientifc people here who go along with the tide/crowd to find out the bibles been right the whole time ...

Dont beleive it ? Wait and see its not long now . The bible is specific with prophecies , not random events a multitude of events at a junction in history , this is undoudtably that time ...

Again dont believe us ? you have nothing to worry about here and your wasting your precious time debating christians who beleive in fairy tales ? which begs the question , why ?

If you are wrong , you are one of the foolish ones imo who beleives life came from non-life and life has no purpose and extinction is the end product of a purposeless accident (impossible accidents actualy) and you will have to answer to GOD when he asks you ....

( how did you think you existed ? ) Becuase the science teacher told me isnt going to cut it .

AGAIN " I'm fed up hearing people trying to throw the bible down my throat " possibly stay away from Christian topics then hey ??

Were not throwing anything down your throat , just maybe were trying to save you from whats about to unleash on the planet ? oh yes the mocking ? unfortunately you wont be mocking on that day ?
We have a duty to get the word out if you dont want to hear it again , dont 'click' on christian subjects , seems to me you dont want to hear what your hearing ?

Gods not Dumb , ignorance cannot bye you out of standing in front of GOD , not beleiving will not get you out of it either , you will have no-where to hide and you will have to answer as an adult ..

"I actually believe in a supreme being, but i believe in my own way "

The bible says the demons beleive and shudder , unfortuantely it means some sort of 'action' and it seems to me its not 'important' enough for you to make 'life' choices over ?

"in your own way" how many times have i heard that ? What you want is ignorance , then you think you can 'plead' ignorance , im not having a go at you , you obviously dont know the bible otherwise you wouldnt be knocking it as 'GODS WORD' in your own way , im telling you will not be enough ...

Jesus said ; not everyone saying LORD LORD will enter into the kingdom of heaven , only those doing the will of my father in heaven will ...and 'if your not with me you against me ' I hope your ignorance is enough i really do , but please dont have a go at us that live it and sincerally want GODS word to get to the ppl 'before' its to late ...

no photo
Wed 01/28/15 10:01 PM

Dear God,
Teach me to pray. When I open my eyes in the morning, teach me to pray, when my head rests on the pillow at night- teach me to pray. When troubles, successes, sadness, and joy come my way, or when I fear, teach me to pray. When I am calm and resolved, when I plan and when I fail, and when I consider how very little time I have on this earth, O Lord, teach me to pray. In Jesus' name always, Amen. #williamsdwight3

#LightTheTriad

You know GOD brother , Amen !

no photo
Wed 01/28/15 10:00 PM
Edited by Th3Dv8 on Wed 01/28/15 10:00 PM

Every Word of God for Daily Living
January 27th 2015 Lesson Twenty Seven

TOPIC: THE POWER OF SELF DENIAL AND VICTORY OVER SELF

TEXT: MATTHEW 16:24-26

KEY VERSE:
"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple." (Luke 14:26).

"Self" in the life of any human being is a resigning Monarch that does not recognize the authority of another king in earth or heaven. Along with its ally, the flesh, it lusts against the spirit and makes obedience to God very difficult. Its agitations, ambitions and aspirations are always contrary to the word of God. When it is permitted to reign, it breeds carnality and sin. Self is the greatest cause of all defeat, backsliding and lack of spiritual progress in the lives of all Christians. Therefore, every believer that would live an overcoming life and make steady progress in the faith must not only deny but dethrone and deal a deadly blow to self through the grace of God.

The self-life is deceptive and destructive. When it is not controlled and crucified, it hatches character traits that are damnable. Lucifer was thrown out of heaven, Saul was rejected as King and many men and angels have incurred severe judgments from God due to the wicked aspirations and ambitions of the self life. When self is not dealt with, it always manifests fruits that are contrary to God and godliness such as iniquity, indulgences, independence, indiscipline, indiscretion, insubordination and impurity. This is why it must be denied and conquered.

The self-life is described in the Bible as "the old man" and "the body of sin. When it controls somebody's life, that person cannot be a true disciple of Christ. Before any believer can live victoriously as a Christian, self must be dealt with decisively. Paul the Apostle lived a life of consistent victory because self and the flesh was crucified (Galatians 2:20). Galatians 2:24 says, "They that are Christ's have crucified the flesh." As on the cross Christ died, we also must be spirituality crucified, for self to die. This is the only guarantee for real victory. Spiritual conquerors have a duty to themselves in their daily life. They must regularly examine themselves and whenever the self-life begins to manifest itself, it must be promptly denied and mortified. Watchfulness over the activities of one's heart and constant surrender of his will to God will ensure constant victory over the flesh. Have you denied yourself of worldly pleasures to serve the living God?

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Victory over self is victory over sins.

SONG FOR THE DAY:
Trusting in the Lord...

Well said bro ...

Sin is 'in the flesh' it tricks us , it decieves us , we think wicked things , it flanks us ...

But constantly denying it a resting place or foothold , we become stronger against our sinfull desires and we give whats left to jesus on the cross .

I have found that when you understand Sin , its affect , the brutal master it can be when you allow it to rule you , you get to understand both God(good) and Satan(Evil) that both exist in 'our flesh' Satan brought sin into the world like a disease we 'feel' its impact on our minds and bodies , thank GOD though his grace and Holy Spirit we can defeat Sin and Satan and Death Through Jesus Christ only ...

Amen!!! I thank God for given you an understanding to His WORD. YOU'RE BLESSED.

So are you Brother , takes a long time to get to know GOD on a Deeper level and to understand Sin , the fight within ...

My fear is that world events mean it will soon be 'to late' for some to gain control of their bodies ...Come Quickly LORD JESUS ...

We,ve seen enough sin LORD , we want it gone from our bodies and the world , it has kept us and the world on its knees for thousands of years , it is CHRISTS time to shine ....

no photo
Tue 01/27/15 02:39 AM

January 26th 2015 Lesson Twenty Six

TOPIC: WORLDLINESS IN WORSHIP

TEXT: JOHN 4:21-24

KEY VERSE:
"God is a Spirit and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth" (John 4:24).

The carnal nature of man is the seat of pride and pleasure. It cannot be subjected to principles of righteousness and holiness. In the world, men indulge in all forms of fleshy pleasure to satisfy their pride and passions. In the world men worship their belly and money. Worldliness has now taken a seat in the church. Those who come to church do not have God in focus. Many worldly activities have been incorporated into worship to satisfy the passion of the worshippers. The songs sung carry worldly styles and inspiration. The music played ministers to the flesh and fills the worship service with the wildest form of ungodly dance in demonstration of the pleasure of the flesh. The musicians are unconverted and dress like the worldly musicians. Their worship is not to God. The sermons preached cannot convert anyone. They promote laughter and stir fleshly emotions. Souls cannot be converted under such atmosphere. True believers must repent from worldliness in worship and steer clear from it. Holiness in worship required to receive the life and blessing of God.

Various activities and styles are adopted by ministers in the church which are brought in from the sinful world. Besides, being corrupt they produce corrupt fruit of Christian ministry. They promote respect of persons in ministry. They go into worldly dressing, demonstrations, slangs etc. They forge lies and give false testimonies for self-promotion. They bring big men of the world into the church for honour and praise. They extract money from members through ungodly ways. They preach the gospel of peace and prosperity without repentance, righteousness and holiness. They take delight in the nakedness of women in the church and justify them, using scriptures. They commit immorality with the women in the church, they seek great tithes for their belly.

This kind of ministry is everywhere today. They are not called by God and cannot produce fruits for eternal life. You must not listen to them. Neither go to them for healing and miracles. True ministers of the gospel are those who are faithful to the word of God and manifest exemplary lives. These are the ones that have the message of eternal life for the world and the church. Seek them and their ministry. Listen to them and submit yourself to their shepherding for your well-being on earth and eternal life at last.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Where you fellowship today determines where you will end up tomorrow.

SONG FOR THE DAY:
Take the world but give me Jesus...

AMEN

no photo
Tue 01/27/15 02:38 AM

Looking for a relationship that we can abstain from sex.. Before marriage
Cuddle.. Date, fall In love.
Anyone interested in SNJ

It is hard being a Christian single , i can agree with that ...

no photo
Tue 01/27/15 02:36 AM

January 27th 2015 Lesson Twenty Seven

TOPIC: THE POWER OF SELF DENIAL AND VICTORY OVER SELF

TEXT: MATTHEW 16:24-26

KEY VERSE:
"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple." (Luke 14:26).

"Self" in the life of any human being is a resigning Monarch that does not recognize the authority of another king in earth or heaven. Along with its ally, the flesh, it lusts against the spirit and makes obedience to God very difficult. Its agitations, ambitions and aspirations are always contrary to the word of God. When it is permitted to reign, it breeds carnality and sin. Self is the greatest cause of all defeat, backsliding and lack of spiritual progress in the lives of all Christians. Therefore, every believer that would live an overcoming life and make steady progress in the faith must not only deny but dethrone and deal a deadly blow to self through the grace of God.

The self-life is deceptive and destructive. When it is not controlled and crucified, it hatches character traits that are damnable. Lucifer was thrown out of heaven, Saul was rejected as King and many men and angels have incurred severe judgments from God due to the wicked aspirations and ambitions of the self life. When self is not dealt with, it always manifests fruits that are contrary to God and godliness such as iniquity, indulgences, independence, indiscipline, indiscretion, insubordination and impurity. This is why it must be denied and conquered.

The self-life is described in the Bible as "the old man" and "the body of sin. When it controls somebody's life, that person cannot be a true disciple of Christ. Before any believer can live victoriously as a Christian, self must be dealt with decisively. Paul the Apostle lived a life of consistent victory because self and the flesh was crucified (Galatians 2:20). Galatians 2:24 says, "They that are Christ's have crucified the flesh." As on the cross Christ died, we also must be spirituality crucified, for self to die. This is the only guarantee for real victory. Spiritual conquerors have a duty to themselves in their daily life. They must regularly examine themselves and whenever the self-life begins to manifest itself, it must be promptly denied and mortified. Watchfulness over the activities of one's heart and constant surrender of his will to God will ensure constant victory over the flesh. Have you denied yourself of worldly pleasures to serve the living God?

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Victory over self is victory over sins.

SONG FOR THE DAY:
Trusting in the Lord...

Well said bro ...

Sin is 'in the flesh' it tricks us , it decieves us , we think wicked things , it flanks us ...

But constantly denying it a resting place or foothold , we become stronger against our sinfull desires and we give whats left to jesus on the cross .

I have found that when you understand Sin , its affect , the brutal master it can be when you allow it to rule you , you get to understand both God(good) and Satan(Evil) that both exist in 'our flesh' Satan brought sin into the world like a disease we 'feel' its impact on our minds and bodies , thank GOD though his grace and Holy Spirit we can defeat Sin and Satan and Death Through Jesus Christ only ...

no photo
Tue 01/27/15 02:29 AM
the Movie coyete ugly . Dv8 .

no photo
Mon 01/26/15 01:46 AM

If you had the chance to get on a rocket and go to the moon and live there for 6 months with a total stranger would you do it??

Yup

no photo
Sun 01/25/15 11:06 PM
Edited by Th3Dv8 on Sun 01/25/15 11:11 PM
Sometimes when i watch the news .

Especially when i see the plight of African kids .

no photo
Sun 01/25/15 05:33 PM
Edited by Th3Dv8 on Sun 01/25/15 05:46 PM

Okay Th3Dv8, it's obvious we're at an impasse.

So, now that we've finished pizzing each other off, we can be friends, right?

I think that's how it works...

The Sheihk of LaBroquerie ----> drinks <---- and Th3Dv8, having had spent too much time with J.W.s

You havent pizzed me off mate , healthy debate , you are a friend imo .

no photo
Sun 01/25/15 03:22 AM
Edited by Th3Dv8 on Sun 01/25/15 03:23 AM

What's that You say uche9aa...?

Surrender to a Being that now exists on a spiritual or maybe a sub-atomic level...? Sounds pretty Alien to me! spock
Sheik,welcome on board.It sounded strange to you that i told mighty moe to surrender his life to Jesus? 1 Timothy 2:5 says "For there is one God and one (not two nor three,Muhammed excluded and others)mediator between God and men,Jesus Christ",not an "allien existing in sub-atomic level" You probably know that even prophet Muhammed acknowledged the Lordship of Jesus before he left and started the movement that is setting the whole wide world aflame now."Neither is there any salvation in any other for there is no other name give to men whereby we can be saved except Christ Jesus" "I am the way,the truth and the life,no man comes to the father(God)except by me" I pray that skeptics wouldnt continue to argue and doubt the saving grace of Jesus or the obvious existence of God and his creation because the end time of all is almost here.Shalom!

Yes, Jesus did say he was the way the truth and the light, but it was relative to his time and the people who were in his presents.

We, could say the same of Moses too, in his day, couldn't we?

Really, it beckons the question, 'Is any prophet that has been sent by God to be ignored any more-so than any other?' think

We could could'nt we ? But it wasnt recorded was it? You are trying hard to pigeon hole Jesus as a Prophet to fit your belief .

So that beckons the question that is The Bible more reliable being written by 40 authors fluently and crossed referenced by itself and other writings including the quran or is the Quaran more reliable being written by ONE man mohammud and being 'self referencing '?

What wasn't recorded?

The fact that every prophet sent by God Almighty wasn't important? (Implied Sarcasm Of The Previous Question)

So, after You've insulted every other prophet of old, less Jesus, then You make swelling claims of the Bibles reliability!

Do You (Th3Dv8) ever listen to the oxy-morons you're capable of making?

i,ve never insulted 'other' prophets sent by GOD ? you are putting words in my mouth , twisting words ,when what i,ve said is plain , Muslims believe Jesus a Prophet Christians do not ...

You say the quran was'nt written by muhammud ? it was a supposed revelation from gabriel only to mohammud and only recorded by his wife ( that imo shows origin-mohammud ?)not 40 odd writers like the Bible ...

Lets leave it at that , i,ve overstayed my time on this forum , has been a good discussion , learnt a bit , but gotta move along ......

GOD BLESS you ALL , dont address any more comments to me plz as i won't answer i am going .....Cheers .....

I know when to say stalemate ....Love ya'swaving

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8