Community > Posts By > peacingit

no photo
Wed 11/20/13 09:44 PM
WOW!! You did a great job with your profile. If I came across it I would def nudge you. You told everyone that you want something serious, not a fling. that is good. Be straight up. I did like that you mentioned how family and friends are important, more than material things.

Personally, for me, I like the pic of you with the shoulder bag, the best. You look, relaxed and happy and out there. I think you should make this your main pic.

It's really, really good.

One thing you may want to do, as a time saving method, is adjust who can send you a message. Eg. You can prevent people who are married from sending you a message; or men, if you are interested in finding a woman; or say you only want to date women between 18 and 30, then only those can message you. I personally, like that feature.

Good luck.

no photo
Tue 11/19/13 08:49 PM
Edited by peacingit on Tue 11/19/13 08:50 PM
Yes, those are people and most likely men, from Africa. I was on another site a few years ago and I gave up after a week, emailed the admin and told them the entire site was full of scammers. They want to chat offline, they want to yahoo you, then try to extort money. One guy asked me for money within an hour.

So this is my first time back to a meet up site, since then.

You should report them as abuse, let the admin know.

Although I have found some idiots here, at least they are from this country or at least honest about where they are from.

The extremely bad English is a dead giveaway. First clue.
They want to chat off the system. Second clue.
They don't want to meet. Third clue.
They ask for money. Obvs..

no photo
Tue 11/19/13 08:37 PM
list some of your interests and hobbies.

Sorry to tell you bc I can tell you are a really nice guy, but the way your profile is, it seems as though, how do I express this, women might think they could walk all over you - take advantage of your good nature. Some might think you sound too eager to please. A relationship is give and take, so what do you want? Tell them.

It might be better to say, My family is very important to me and they come first in my life. I can tell people will take advantage of your good nature so you need to not leave that open like that-'who always puts others ahead of himself.' Don't get me wrong, this is an admirable quality but some may see it as an opportunity to take advantage and others might see it as a weakness. I just want to warn you to be more cautious. You can say you are compassionate, caring, helpful, etc.

Your selfie has a look of shock. Go practice a face in the mirror, and remember to relax your eyes when you are taking the pic so they don't look buggy. And if you are going to show your teeth, smile for goodness sake.