Community > Posts By > Laura10

no photo
Sun 01/25/09 07:51 PM
Edited by Laura10 on Sun 01/25/09 08:09 PM

All Christians if they are following Christ have that "want to" to tell others of Christ’s Salvation. Because at one point in time they were there were you are at. If the spirit hasn’t reached you yet. Nothing will make sense until you read the word of God or someone tells you of his Salvation. Christ does save soles and I will put a short verse for you. I would encourage the Reading of the whole Bible. A good place to start would be John.

JOHN 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

ROMANS 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the Scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Amen! It is a desire to share His grace and love. Discerning the time and way depends upon the leading of the Holy Spirit and the anointing. It can be shared through prayer, in thought, word or deed. Even a smile or encouraging word can be used by the Lord.

Daily Bible reading is a very good suggestion and I also like to add a Proverb corresponding to the day. I read in a book once that if we would get as serious about God as we are about food then we would start maturing. Just as we need proper nutrition to grow when we are children, to grow as Christians we need to feed off the manna from heaven and eventually start partaking of the meat. The book encourages us to read the Word of God before eating any food in the morning and to not eat until you have done your reading. I for the most part try to apply that to my life and have missed some meals...lol:smile:

Ephesians 2:8-10 (New International Version)

8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast. 10For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

no photo
Sun 01/25/09 07:02 PM

...the one lesson of love that took you the longest to learn.

That to really love is to give and expect nothing in return.

no photo
Sun 01/25/09 06:37 PM

Which would you most likely to choose as your mate?

Christian, Psycho, Devil worshiper, Non Regliuos, or etc.......
and why?

Christian because we are not to be unequally yoked.

no photo
Sun 01/25/09 06:03 PM
:thumbsup: Seeing it more and more on a lot of things.

no photo
Sun 01/25/09 05:59 PM

I do wish Mingle2 would reclassify them as the "agnostistic, atheiestic and those that are otherwise against Christianity thread"

rofl rofl rofl

laugh That is a mouthful ! laugh

Hi Allenflowerforyou

A note of encouragement:

You said something a while back that I will never forget in the Gen. Rel. Forums. You said that more things unite us as humans than separate us. That is a huge statement! I have meditated on that many times since you wrote that and it has helped me in my ‘love walk’. That helped me, I wonder how many others? Thank you.

no photo
Fri 01/23/09 02:35 PM

At this time of year that we feel our hearts and the loneliness that is there for the ones we have lost. The night falls all around us. As it blankets our hearts. We look for Gods love that we are wanting to pull into our lives. Yes we grasps at the word's that the one we want to trust puts into our ears. Yes we let the thoughts blend with in our being. Hoping that the truth will push the feeling of loneliness out into the wind. As this wind blows we bow down like the trees do in the wind. Like the trees are slaves to this wind we are slaves our hearts and our emotions. We plan our life's around our emotions. Our thoughts and our hearts are our head and the tail of our feelings. They guide us through the pain. They guide us on our walk towards the Lord. As we look for truth that we seek from God whom we what to love us. We stop along the way to tell others of the glory that God has given us through out our life. Then we rest in faith that our love for the lord is true. We rest in our homes in wonder then we ask our self ?
"Only If I Would Of ?" Or "What If It Was The Truth That We Found In That Persons Heart That We Had Meet Today ?" This is when our trust in God becomes stronger. With this strength we can now rest for the coming day. My Gods Blessing Come upon you like the night covers the day.

Good write Jimmyflowerforyou

no photo
Fri 01/23/09 02:29 PM
flowerforyou Thanks for sharing this.

no photo
Fri 01/23/09 02:24 PM
I go over there every once in a while to agree with someone or occasionally post. I mostly see the same arguments over and over again. I do not engage in much dialogue but I do like to pray for them. God is a BIG God and does not want any to perish. I believe seeds are being planted…good and bad and I trust that the Word that has been spoken there will not return void but accomplish everything that it was sent out to do. One plants, one waters, but it is God that will make it grow and we may never see it. I’ve heard too many testimonies of people who get saved and they ‘knew’ someone was praying for them or a Word was spoken and they knew it was from the Lord and they quit fighting. I’ve also seen people post in there that have been reading the Rel. Forums for a while and are on the fence.
A scripture that has spoken to me regarding this since being here is in Titus 3.

Titus 3

Doing What is Good

1Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, 2to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and to show true humility toward all men.

3At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. 4But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. 8This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone.

9But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless. 10Warn a divisive person once, and then warn him a second time. After that, have nothing to do with him. 11You may be sure that such a man is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned.

no photo
Thu 01/22/09 10:40 PM

dining at a restaurant alone?

No, if I want restaurant food I will order it to go.

no photo
Thu 01/22/09 10:17 PM
I got smooched by CurcuitRider:smile:

no photo
Thu 01/22/09 10:06 PM
Well don’t worry about your past. I'd say the majority of people in the church have a past and ALL have been saved by grace (unmerited favor) and not by works. Don't go there for the sole purpose of finding a date either but rather to get your life back on track (if it is off) and to be around other Christians. Some only go to meet someone and then completely change once in the relationship or married and don't go back again. I think the church is the best place to look but take your time and get to know the other people there. Once you feel comfortable start opening up and if you are in the right place you will feel love and acceptance. If you meet the right lady she won’t judge you on your past either. Once we come to Jesus our past is forgiven. If someone wants to judge you they are showing their maturity (we are all at different levels and hopefully growing more mature all the time by reading, meditating and applying the Word in our lives). However, I would be cautious of someone I just met that was new at church until I got to know them and/or served with them some. Hope that helps.

no photo
Thu 01/22/09 08:29 PM

THE PROOF THAT JESUS ROSE AGAIN ....

AND THAT JESUS OUR REDEEEMER LIVES...

IS THIS:

THIS RISEN SAVIOUR NOW LIVES IN THE BELIEVERS'S HEARTS.drinker:heart:flowerforyou

AND YOU TOO...PRECIOUS PEOPLE HERE.....flowerforyou:heart:flowerforyou

CAN HAVE THIS SAME PROOF .....

WHICH,

BTW, WILL BE THE ONLY PROOF

YOU WILL EVER EVER NEED....

THAT OUR REDEEMER TRULY LIVES ...

WHEN YOU TOO...

ASK THIS RISEN SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST...

INTO YOUR HEARTS TOO.
drinker

flowerforyou:heart:flowerforyou

drinker flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou drinker

no photo
Thu 01/22/09 08:14 PM
noway laugh

no photo
Wed 01/21/09 08:57 PM
Hi and welcome to Mingle2!flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 01/21/09 07:16 AM
Everyone seemed to laugh and think it was funny and cute. I was disappointed and thought is was uncool also.

no photo
Tue 01/20/09 09:24 PM
Thank you for serving. May God bless you and keep you safe. flowerforyou

no photo
Mon 01/19/09 09:35 PM
waving Hello and welcome.

no photo
Mon 01/19/09 09:03 PM
flowerforyou Awesome Poem!!!

Thank God for His grace and deliverance!

no photo
Mon 01/19/09 08:47 PM
I took a Bible study class in 2002 where we researched the names in the OT. It was one of the most interesting classes that I had ever taken and have thought about it several times over the years. Every name has meaning behind it (even the town names) and points to something in the Word whether it is an event, a person, or the Messiah. It was the meat of the Word and a lot to chew on(I had only been born again 2 years)…makes me want to find those old notes! Thanks for posting this.

Evidence of Design

The implications of this discovery are more wide spread than is evident at first glance.

It demonstrates that in the earliest chapters of the Book of Genesis, God had already laid out His plan of redemption for the predicament of mankind. It is a love story, written in blood on a wooden cross which was erected in Judea almost 2,000 years ago.

The Bible is an integrated message system, the product of supernatural engineering. Every number, every place name, every detail every jot and title is there for our learning, our discovery, and our amazement. Truly, our God is an awesome God.

It is astonishing to discover how many Biblical controversies seem to evaporate if one simply recognized the unity the integrity of these 66 books, penned by 40 authors over thousands of years.

It is remarkable how many subtle discoveries lie behind the little details of the text. Some of these become immediately obvious with a little study; some are more technical and require special helps.

Spider, I am interested in what you think about the possibility of the Bible Code. I have heard that a lot of the world events are inscripted in the Bible from every President to the Twin Towers and beyond. Also, that the first codes in each of the 5 books of the Torah point to Jehovah God.

Genesis – Torah
Exodus – Torah
Leviticus – Jehovah God
Numbers – harot
Deuteronomy – harot

What are any of your thoughts on this?

flowerforyou

no photo
Mon 01/19/09 07:02 PM
laugh flowerforyou

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next