Community > Posts By > Sam

Sam's photo
Fri 05/10/24 08:16 AM
Every Billy Joel album. It's his birthday.

"you can't go the distance with too much resistance"....

Sam's photo
Fri 05/10/24 04:30 AM
awesome

Sam's photo
Thu 05/09/24 10:36 PM
Summer.

The beach, seasonal fruits, warmer weather!

Sam's photo
Thu 05/09/24 09:30 PM
Edited by Sam on Thu 05/09/24 09:30 PM
Let Us Be - Sammielz Three Houses Down (3HD)

Sam's photo
Thu 05/09/24 04:45 AM
Edited by Sam on Thu 05/09/24 04:48 AM
Yeah I'm leaning towards a con :joy: not a pro lol...

At this point in time i agree, the best one i have found, that is aimed at gamers, only has a Radeon 780M graphics built in and even that is poop compared to my three year old desktop graphics card:

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-RX-6600-XT-vs-AMD-Radeon-780M/4117vsm2088874

Sam's photo
Wed 05/08/24 09:55 PM

love
As long as that zone is not shark infested Australian waters laugh waving

It wouldn't be a challenge if they weren't there. :smile: :smile: :smile:

Sam's photo
Wed 05/08/24 01:28 AM

any tips for a diabetic trying to lose some weight

I'm Type 2 with a relentless sweet tooth - i just had my third dose of Ozempic this week and saw my doc who said it's gonna be a long term thing and I won't see the benefits (that is, blood sugar lowering and weight loss) until i get to the 1mg side of things. Thankfully one more self prickle of 0.25mg (which took 4+ months to arrive at local chemist due to global shortages), then im on 0.5mg for 4 weeks, then the good stuff.. where the latter two dosages are conveniently stocked and readily available, apparently.

tips for mean getting lean

When covid started i was a unhealthy dad bod of 115KG for an 180cm tall bloke. I non-religious intermittent fast these days, which has helped me get down to 97KG (its what i am right now, and have been as low as 95KG recently though) and if i just lay off the sugars completely -- i try not to buy anything sweet anymore, save for fruit -- otherwise i would have lost a lot more through ketosis.

I rarely eat bread anymore, apart from once a month simple mediterranean crepes with feta, and also substitute for low carbed items where available.

I'm hoping to lose some more weight before this Spring (target for me is to be 80KG), as i am gonna start surfing again, as you cannot really do this as an unfit tubby.. my youngest kid aint so young now and i trust her on her own in the water so im gonna concentrate on me again.. besides, beaches are patrolled and no issues thus far with her as she listens and knows what to do if **** hits the fans. And i'll probably do cardio / gym too to keep lean after that as i never really surfed in winter as a young adult - even with a full body steamer it was too cold for me. May also be surfing sometimes with my middle daughter as she learned it through school sport and is keen to use my new board.

So yeah, four years ago i wanted to lose weight, working on it gradually and this year it's gonna be me me me. So even if you're a 'prawn' like me, being fit kinda attracts the local women i have noticed.. it's just been a long while. lol. :)

Three factors: intermittent fasting, Ozempic and ketosis. What could go wrong?

Sam's photo
Wed 05/08/24 01:15 AM
I'm not taken by the modern route, the Arm microcontroller.

Sorry, you're thinking of the more typical (ARM) SBCs. I am looking at the ones labeled specifically as 'Mini PCs' SBCs (with Intel/AMD CPUs, generally up to 64GB RAM, Desktop Graphics side of it may be the showstopper for me though, will see) - which for the most part is a larger SBC (due to airflow reasons) though not by much.

Heres a CPU benchmark from my Desktop and one of my ARM64 SBCs..

Desktop (cpu: Ryzen 5 5600X):
$ sudo sysbench --test=cpu --cpu-max-prime=15000 run --num-threads=12
total number of events: 198719 (higher is better here!)

OrangePi 5 (cpu: ARM64/ Rockchip RK3588S):
# sysbench --test=cpu --cpu-max-prime=15000 run --num-threads=8
total number of events: 80654

not too shabby huh?

I been running ARM IoTs (Internet of Things) for the past decade and never had issues with them. And i decommissioned older ones over the years due to upgrades not because they were falling apart or something. So yeah, the Mini PCs have piqued my attention too, despite being stuck in a AIO for the most part! But at the same time, i tend to not replace anything on my Desktop (besides fans) for at least 5 years unless of a failing part. So it could be a pro or con either way, i guess.

Sam's photo
Tue 04/30/24 08:47 PM
Edited by Sam on Tue 04/30/24 09:18 PM
I'm so glad I gave my children the opportunity to stop going when they didn't like it.

Mine got baptised out of respect to my religious ex but that was where it stopped. they did ethics instead of bible studies at school. And i said to my ex at the time, if they wanna read that fictional book, they can do it out of their own volition as adults with a thinking brain.

What is the difference between a generational curse and other curse??

A generational curse is when you might have it, then your kids, then theirs. When you are grasping straws, it can be the convenient scapegoat for you. Having said that, it is about as real as your chosen fictional deity; belief is a powerful mechanism though, good or bad.

Neighbour across our road was into bad wicca, which while growing up scared me (read: i was single digit age), but as i grew older i just realised it was all BS, or will only work if you allowed it in your life, or something. One thing i did do was convince my parents to sell then move to another location, just to get away from this bad witch.

When my parents knocked down the wooden house to replace it with brick, she put eggs on our foundations, would leave coins on our back porch, and also killed a few fruit trees from us and our adjacent neighbours.

Anyways she died sooner than expected, so f her.

Sam's photo
Tue 04/30/24 06:07 PM
I'm sad that from 300+ million people in the USA, the best they can come up with for a president is Biden or Trump.

Sam's photo
Tue 04/30/24 05:03 PM
Edited by Sam on Tue 04/30/24 05:05 PM
playing some intense sport (for example, surfing) while being in the zone.

"Only a surfer knows the feeling!"

Sam's photo
Tue 04/30/24 04:21 AM
i tend to go 'bang for buck' specs on a new pc, though i may go the SBC (Small Board Computer) PC route with the next upgrade.. just gotta suss out the graphics side of it is comparative, when i do it, i guess.

Sam's photo
Tue 04/30/24 03:41 AM
i was athletics champion one year - helped that i spent the previous summer conditioning / training for a state football youth team.

Sam's photo
Tue 04/30/24 03:23 AM
i used to do gym with my ex wife. seemed okay.. though the only thing we did together was initial cardio, after that we forked.

Sam's photo
Mon 04/22/24 02:48 AM
That's the '1 in 400 trillion' answer, i guess. Carry on humping. :P

Sam's photo
Mon 04/22/24 02:43 AM
I find it ironic that israel relies on that 3 billion a year from the USA; then, i think of the USS Liberty Incident and think yeah, you're smart enough to figure this out yourself murica.

Sam's photo
Mon 04/22/24 02:02 AM
Love & Affection - 3HD

Sam's photo
Mon 04/22/24 01:25 AM
Sydney, Australia.

Sam's photo
Sun 04/21/24 12:20 AM
feortan?

Sam's photo
Mon 04/15/24 12:34 AM
History of the World Part 1