Community > Posts By > no1phD

no1phD's photo
Mon 11/27/17 03:19 PM
Of course get rid of greed profit.. a society based on . Goods for money..
That civilization would make great leaps in science and technology.

How many people out there have great ideas but they just can't afford to buy the raw materials to even test their ideas out..
... again resources need to be managed and not wasted.. but those that have to drive and sound Theory... should be allowed to explore to test to develop.. who knows somebody could discover how to make an actual hoverboard.. or a new type of engine.. so much creativity being held down... all for the Mighty Dollar

no1phD's photo
Mon 11/27/17 12:51 PM
Edited by no1phD on Mon 11/27/17 12:57 PM
Yes it's a never-ending cycle that they sell everyone.. look what a house cost 20 years ago.. $350,000 house was a big house a lot of house... today that same house $800.000..
Am I getting more house..nope.. am I getting more Landscaping.nope..
.. what I am getting is deeper in debt..
And that's right where they want to keep you.. in debt and in servitude to them..
.. you can't really blame the developer are the real estate Speculator... their brainwashed like everyone else
.. buy more make more achieve more.. outrun your brother and sister... don't worry about taking from them... they can just work harder to afford it.... after all don't you deserve more than they do.. aren't you better than them..... and don't worry if they cant afford it.. will make sure they can get a loan from the bank... because after all they're there to help you...
They're there to help everyone achieve their goal in life... be a good little consumer..
We are at Planet of nothing but consumers..
We get up work make money to buy things... to pay for our basic life requirements.. they raise the basic life requirement cost..so we have to work more.. to keep consuming.. production goes up good for them the powers-that-be.. this way we spend last time on ourselves.. less time thinking for ourselves.. because we're too busy working.. which is good because God forbid ..they wouldn't want you having a second to think about what you're doing

no1phD's photo
Mon 11/27/17 11:24 AM
Edited by no1phD on Mon 11/27/17 11:26 AM
Yes yes basic services.. would be provided of course.. but think of a society where the houses are smart. The lights shut off on and on whenever someone's in the room..
Light pollution is kept to a minimum allowing citizens to see the universe from their backyard... this way it helps to keep people in touch with what's really important and remind them how small they really are... we all know what it feels like to go out camping and when you look up into the night sky and see the whole universe how good that makes you feel..
Imagine being able to see that from your backyard while living in the city

.. all waste management needs are taken care of large or small of course free of charge.. there is no longer a need to pay for anything..... all societies issues could be addressed and solved.. no more monetary value put on anything.... but again no waste is tolerated... ever...

no1phD's photo
Mon 11/27/17 11:15 AM
One of the biggest issues facing our society is greed... they've convinced all of you that you need some type of monetary.. Exchange... but do you?... if everyone just got up tomorrow and did what they did yesterday... but instead of getting a paycheck.. everything is provided for you..
Again within reason.. you receive x amount groceries.. x amount of fuel.. x amount of clothing.. and so on and so forth...
. And every citizen gets 2 months out of the year to travel the globe freely.. which helps open up borders and understanding between cultures...

no1phD's photo
Mon 11/27/17 11:08 AM

Interesting topic ~ Kudos

I read a lot of science fiction and fantasy and this has been explored in those genres fairly well.
I could cite any number of examples but, I'll give my personal views instead.

Sad to say, it would need to start with some serious housecleaning.
Basically, wipe civilization and the people off the planet.
Now, before you start calling me a monster, consider if we ever advance far enough to settle a new planet from a colony ship where the original generation has long past and the settlers are embryo raised at the location by programmed health bots that is basically what happens.

You now have a pristine world and a pristine population.

The first thing that would be changed is the concept of ownership.
Without ownership, greed has no roots. It doesn't take hold and there is no power struggles.

A sense of Unity would be instituted. Not just unity of each other but unity with nature.

There would be no marriages or families. The entire community would raise the children and people would mate as they wish.
Since all will respect each other as persons, there would be no forced rapes or abuse. The power struggle will have been eradicated.

As generations live and die the population will grow. Local resources will be used up. The populace could roam as a unit or split and form groups.

This scenario seems alien because we have problems visualizing a world without greed and power struggles. That's why it wouldn't work on this planet with this population.

Only by never experiencing ownership can greed be eradicated.
Only by never experiencing power struggles can manipulation be eradicated.

There is a potential for stagnation in this utopian scenario.
Without greed or power there will be a decrease in the propensity for innovation. Some of the greatest works of art are also greed/power motivated.

However, one influences the other.

Stores have clerks that protect against theft.
With no greed, there is no need to invent locks, no need for security measures and no person would be individually responsible.
Community stores would be open to all. No accounting, no inventory, no pressure put to bear to maintain.
You might say, that wouldn't work, you would run out of things and not have them when you need them.
I don't believe that is true. The unity of the community would prevent it. Without greed, no person would need to hog anything.
A lack of something would trigger a community effort to gather more, for everyone.

With no power base, there would be no need for religions. Everyone would always be free to believe what they want and there would be no struggle to make someone believe as you do.

But...
No matter what methods are in place that work or don't work, it can't happen on this planet, at this time, with these people. We are already conditioned to greed and power. Our entire civilization is set up based on greed and power. It is nearly impossible to imagine a civilization that exists in total harmony.

This is what gets me about people's ideas of aliens. We assign our fundamental greed and power to aliens. We think it is a natural state of being in the Universe because it is all we have ever experienced, all we ever known.
What we tend to forget is that on this very planet right now, there are creatures that exist without the baseline greed and power struggles we experience.
This fact tells me it is not a fundamental fact of life but merely a creation of the human experience. An alien species might have motivations more in common with the natural animals of this planet than with humans.

I'm not saying to return to savages. I'm saying, create a new motivation of unity.
A wolf will demonstrate power and greed as a natural (savage) motivation. We tamed that natural savagery out of the wolf and other animals by domestication. Those animals were not able to tame themselves, Humans have that capacity for self-domestication.
It would be something we do ... On Purpose.
..Yes housekeeping needed.. do not apologize for it.. do you think for a minute the people that are growing fat off of the backs of their brothers and sisters you and me.. give your suffering a second thought at all.. do you think big Banks and corporations care at all that you suffer under their thumb... now of course.. this is just a small percentage that keep you under their thumb... they Brainwashed the people working for them by telling them they're just doing their job.. because they have to have a job to pay for their lifestyle.. in a society based on the betterment of each other.. your life needs are met.. no need for banks.. no need for money... no need for corruption... so realistically you would not have to clean house that drastically... just a few percent that got the ball of greed rolling.. would suffice... do not feel bad for them because they do not feel bad for you.. therefore they are not your brother or your sister... but everyone is allowed to repent.. so the law would be repent embrace your brothers and sisters or fall by the sword of your brothers and sisters

no1phD's photo
Mon 11/27/17 11:03 AM
Think about the logistics needed to move resources globally to ensure your brothers and sisters are looked after
.. now think of the pride you would take in helping to accomplish that... knowing that you are providing for your brothers and sisters... what a beautiful thought
Because guess what they're providing for you as well..... at the end of the day you need a society that. Is only concerned with the betterment of each other.. the uplifting of each other's lives... how do you achieve that you get rid of greed you get rid of monetary value... how to achieve that everyone wakes up tomorrow and does what they did today... but with the thought that we want to make our brothers and sisters life's.. better not harder..... do any of us want to make our brothers and sisters life's harder our children's lives harder..no..
Of course not.... so why wouldn't you want your brothers and sisters on this planet to have better lives.. and have them want you to have a better life...yup.. it's possible people... just ban together.... enough is enough.. change does not happen unless you make it happen... and if you don't this cycle of keeping each other down will continue.. but we all know we are being brainwashed to think that.... the people that pull the strings want to keep you just trying to survive.... well they grow fat off of you.. doesn't that make you upset

no1phD's photo
Mon 11/27/17 10:55 AM
Now of course I'm talking on a global scale
. Everyone gets provided for every single person on this planet... no matter creed or religion..
Now.. if resources are being shared globally... really no pesky need for war...
.. because we all know most conflicts are over power and money or resources..

.. but in a society that is working for the betterment of each other truly.... no need for conflict...

no1phD's photo
Mon 11/27/17 10:48 AM
A Society based on the betterment of each other... would allow their brothers and sisters.. to find a way to contribute...
We all want to feel useful we all want to contribute in some way.... yes of course someone has to take the garbage to the dump.. someone has to clean the roads and maintain them... someone has to turn the valve and switch the switch on... well those people doing it now.. are doing it why..??...
To make money to support their lifestyle..Ok.. keep doing what you're doing.. and your lifestyle gets provided for you.... but a much better uplifting lifestyle..
.. and if you don't wish to do what you're doing today tomorrow.. society allows you the opportunity to find what it is you truly would like to do... go back and get re-educated if that's what's required... Society will still provide for you while you're on that Journey... because somebody else out there probably wants to turn the valve and flip the switch.. could be there dream job..
.. and for those jobs that nobody really wants to do guess what Science and Technology would be free
. To find an alternative... because there would not be a monetary cost placed on Discovery.... now of course resources have to be managed just can't use stuff up willy-nilly... some jobs just have to be done because they need to be done... for the betterment of your brothers and sisters
. But you will be provided for
. And appreciated for doing that job

no1phD's photo
Mon 11/27/17 10:37 AM
. A society based on the betterment of each other.. encourages personal growth..
Making education free.. and freely accessible... think of a society that offers free education at a higher level.. think of how many people that are held back just because they could not secure the financing.. to gain the knowledge that would help Society.... think of how many people would benefit from a little extra.. schooling.. maybe take a course.. on physics. Or Pottery.. painting.... things that would make their life truly richer therefore making the life's.. of everyone around them richer as well... look at the advances you would have in science.. if you just didn't hold back those people that could make the difference just because they can't afford it... again the teachers teaching would still be teaching.. because their life needs would be met... contribute and you are looked after..

no1phD's photo
Mon 11/27/17 10:25 AM
Edited by no1phD on Mon 11/27/17 10:27 AM
Think about a society.. without sickness..
Without poverty.... Science and Technology can cure most anything.. the problem is..
Greed.. in a true Society my Society..Lol..
.. we don't keep our people suffering with sickness just to make a profit... how long have they been searching for a cure for cancer.. how many of billions of dollars.. have been poured into that one hateful disease.. we all know there's a cure.. on a shelf somewhere... but then the few people benefiting from huge profits.. would no longer have more than the rest of you.. they don't want that to happen..no.no.... we all know it's true..
But yet.. it goes on day after day...
.. a society based on the betterment of each other.. would have cured this already and shared it freely.. because once again everyone working on it would have their life needs.. meet... their house..food their transportation.. clothing entertainment.. all would be provided for them... they just have to get up tomorrow and do what they did yesterday.. but instead of doing it for monetary reasons you're doing it for the betterment of each other..

no1phD's photo
Mon 11/27/17 10:06 AM
I would like to think that everyone would continue to do tomorrow what they're doing today.. if they knew.. that everything they need would be provided for them

Within reason though.. no one getting anything.. better than the next... a very standardized way of living.. but a very uplifting beautiful way of living.. The Best of the Best through ART and technology and science.... a society that wants only the best for their brothers and sisters always..

Now I'm not talking communism that does not work...
I'm talking about your life requirements being taken care of.. in exchange for you looking after your brothers and sisters on this planet... so to speak... you don't do what you do for yourself you do it for the betterment of your brothers and sisters...
If a job needs to be done it gets done for the betterment of everyone.... resources get managed properly... no need for 800 different styles of houses some so overwhelmingly large that you could probably build 4 houses from that one....
A resourceful Society.. would have dwellings suitable for one or two occupants.. based on square footage needs

Then the next dwelling suitable for a family.. of.5. two parents three children..
.. now!! of course some people have more than three children... but if a dwelling is large enough to fit 5 people comfortably you can easily squeeze an extra two or three in there..Lol.. or perhaps think about birth control... point is make it work...
Now when the children leave ..they start off in dwelling one.. then the parents downsize back to dwelling one.. basically recycling the dwellings over and over .. the difference in this scenario .. there would be people to maintain the dwellings.. keep them in Tip-Top shape. Cutting down on the need to continually make new buildings.. because the people maintaining the dwellings are contributing .. and for contributing they receive a dwelling as well... see where I'm going ....everyone contributes to the betterment of each other ..there for everyone gets looked after........ no need for wasted square footage... just because some people feel they need to have a ginormous house to live in.. that's wasteful.. a productive Society does not allow wastefulness.. and would not tolerate anyone that is wasteful.. or anyone that feels they need more than their brothers and sisters.. how to deal with those that do.. think and feel they need more than everyone else... now again I'm not talking just giving everyone the minimum.. I'm talking give everyone The Best of the Best.. that Science and Technology can.. offer... I'm talking about dwellings with beautiful finishes well thought-out... furniture and appliances.. that are comfortable beautiful and efficient... I'm talking uplifting environments.. that are sustainable... again it's having the mindset that everyone wants the best for their brothers and sisters... and those people that don't..
Death.. yes unfortunately or maybe recondition there thought process..Lol.. .

The idea is to have a society.. that does not due for monetary reasons.. but the sole purpose of doing.. is for the betterment of themselves and each other..... and in that is truly the road to having a enlightened Society.. that can go beyond its own Stars..

How do we get there to this better Society.. we come together
.. we all at the same time just simply stop serving greed..... we unite come together...
The numbers are on our side.. will simply stop doing.. to make others rich.. and we start doing for each other... and yes some people are going to need to be reconditioned on how they think of things or how they think of only themselves... those same people have no problems keeping you in servitude for greed... give that some thought..

no1phD's photo
Mon 11/27/17 09:32 AM
How would you make a better civilization than the one we have today..?

How would you deal with greed , crime. Environmental needs agricultural needs.
Health and Wellness.. so on and so fourth..
There has to be a better way of doing things then the current way....

no1phD's photo
Mon 11/27/17 09:26 AM
Edited by no1phD on Mon 11/27/17 09:27 AM
#1. Gift card or Christmas voucher..
#2.. a gift of cash

no1phD's photo
Mon 11/27/17 09:26 AM

Get the lot of them a gift voucher and be done with it, finish
..yes that seems to be the trend these days the easy way out.. no real thought required.... but believe me I've done that one myself..... are just give them money... because after all who doesn't like receiving money on Christmas..Lol...
But yes a Christmas voucher great idea....Wink.

no1phD's photo
Mon 11/27/17 09:19 AM
Edited by no1phD on Mon 11/27/17 09:22 AM
Hmmm... yes the real meaning of Christmas..
Any parent that has young children.. probably struggles with this one..
The NeverEnding need to cram.. presents under the tree... hard to do in this day and age of corporate greediness... do you remember when Lego was cheap... holy crap... long gone are those days.... clearly Corporate America has lost sight of the true meaning of Christmas. Better to give than receive... making products and gifts.. at ridiculously high price points.... they obviously must feel that everyone is making the salaries they're making.... I would hate to be a parent with two or four Young children.. to have to put presents under the tree for... yes it's nice to teach your kids the real value and meaning of Christmas is not about receiving it's about giving.... of course unless you're the one that has to do the giving...Lol... shame on you Corporate America... you would think at least one day of the year you could cut... your little slaves a break.... and maybe not try to be so greedy ... instead of making a 800% markup on your product.. maybe a 40% markup would be nice.. or how about a 30% markup
. But if you did that you wouldn't be able to give all your shareholders an your CEO Buddies big Christmas bonus .. now would you.??. And Pat each other on the back..
For having record-breaking profits

no1phD's photo
Mon 11/27/17 09:05 AM
Christmas seems to always be stressful..
Trying to find that right gift for that right person.. a lot of us over spend....
Putting lots of presents under the tree..
Probably to compensate for the fact that we .. either don't know the other person well enough are we just simply can't think of anything.. appropriate to get them..

So looking for great Christmas ideas for under $50...

no1phD's photo
Mon 11/27/17 09:00 AM

and it really peaves me off when folks can't do a simple thing like answer a couple of questions to fill out their profile

how am I meant to know if our interests match or find something to strike up a conversation with if everything is blank!
..hmmmm... sounds like you might have control issues.. that's the great thing about online dating.. and particularly a site like this one.. it gives you the opportunity to look at yourself.. and point the finger inward rather than outward.... you cannot control the actions of others.. all you can do is simply accept it is what it is... and maybe learn a little something about yourself

no1phD's photo
Sat 11/25/17 10:29 AM
The comment that sparked the flood

Did you remember to turn the faucets off before we left on holidays...Lol

Ohhh.. comet..slaphead

no1phD's photo
Sat 11/25/17 10:05 AM
Edited by no1phD on Sat 11/25/17 10:06 AM

I'm thinking it's going to take awhile to get over this...her... and I wish the sun would shine again..

Thinking .....remember if she felt the same about you..this would not be a thought...

Just saying~~~~that may help you move on~~~

When you find the right one the sun will shine everyday~~~shades
.. awww thanks drinker .Ohhh... wasn't so much of an emotional connection issue.. pretty sure she was happy for the most part...just sometimes.. it all gets a little overwhelming for me.. when it gets a little too serious...
And then at that point.. I have to stop thinking in the terms of casual.. and start thinking long-term
..Well... sometimes it's best not to put me in that position cuz then I really have to think long and hard... on if long-term would really work...ya know what I mean ..

no1phD's photo
Sat 11/25/17 09:57 AM

Humm or you could do what I did go buy yourself a motorcycle and enjoy the ride~~~bigsmile

Nothing better than a road trip on a bike, huh?

Just got it so still getting use to it have not made a road trip yet, but it is in the near future for sure... bigsmile
.. nice bike when you going to take the training wheels off..Lol.wink. just kidding..Wink. it's a beautiful machine be safe..

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25