Community > Posts By > princess4u2014

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 08:32 AM
Lmao I agree! Now that o see this girl deactivated her profile and most likely won't be reading this, I have to say that she presented herself as kind of a slow girl with the frequent misspellings. How does she expect any guy over the age of 18 to really take her seriously? If dudes her dad's age are contacting her, they're likely pervs just looking for piece of a** or maybe they're pedos hoping that her stated age of 22 is a lie.

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 08:28 AM
Lol maybe they are hiding from you because your misspellings and lack of proper writing skills have turned them off. :)

I know that was blunt. But in all honesty, you should spell check your posts because you won't find a guy who is self sufficient, mature, and ready for a relationship if you present yourself like an overgrown teeny bopper. It's all in the presentation...

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 08:25 AM
Do you have kids? Are you self sufficient in terms of having your own place and working a proper job? I'm looking for a relationship and so far I've had difficulty finding many guys on here that aren't from faraway areas like Chicago or England.

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 08:23 AM
I agree! I've lived in the Philly area pretty much my whole life and people here are c**ts. Philly was even voted #1 rudest city in America a few years in a row. Sigh and people wonder why I'm stuck still being single.

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 08:18 AM
Ugh so I refined my search AGAIN (apparently it keeps defaulting back on some things), got matches within 15 mi from me, and that gave me a grand total of FOUR dudes. Wtf. One who is separated/still married (instant deal breaker), one who literally proclaimed that he's only looking for a FWB/one night stand, one who's not my idea of attractive, and only one that was worth giving a nudge to. I don't get it. Yes I have criteria and standards but they're not unreasonable. I don't want still-married dudes, I don't want jail birds/felons, and I don't want a guy who won't take me seriously relationship-wise while I'm seeking commitment. I am very open minded when it comes to occupation, race, religion, interests, etc. I do strongly prefer guys with kids, for the reasons I stated earlier in this thread, but lacking kids isn't necessarily a total deal breaker. So I don't know what the issue is.

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 08:01 AM
Edited by princess4u2014 on Sun 02/09/14 08:03 AM
I can't get out much with a kid, at least not anywhere many single men hang out at, so that's why I go on dating sites. It's NOT my only place I look to meet people. But I will say that I think church is a HORRIBLE idea for expecting to meet singles. Most people at the churches I go to aren't very full and consist mostly of families or couples, and most are much older than me. In my city there are not many youngish people at all that go to church beyond school age, or at least not the 3 churches I go to; it's mostly senior citizens and some middle aged couples, sometimes kids. And I wouldn't use church as a hookup ground, I would go because I'm looking for the spiritual experience and to pray. Besides, I prefer to stay very private and ambiguous about my relationship status while at church, since being an unwed single parent is not something I'm proud of, especially at a place that emphasizes marriage before babies. Just had to be honest.

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 07:56 AM
Scoobert34, don't feel bad for the guys without kids. I've had enough dating experiences with childless guys and guys who lacked custody of their kids to know that they quickly grow impatient and intolerant of my situation having a kid full time. They can't fathom me not being able to just drop everything to meet for something meaningless like a booty call, nor can they fathom me not engaging in the bar hopping scene several times a week. I mean, when I was childless I didn't want a guy who already had kids and didn't have ample time to drop everything to link up with me, so it'd be hypocritical for me to expect a guy accustomed to a bachelor lifestyle to do that for me. If they are childless and do not fit the generalization I made, then I give them a fair chance but I always state a "disclaimer" of sorts in the beginning asking them if they're sure they're okay with me having the limitations of a kid. A lot of childless guys see a girl with kids to be a deal breaker, so why can't I play that card back at them?

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 07:49 AM
Dadstheman, it was more a trial and error thing so unfortunately I do not remember what I did. I think you start by hitting the "search" tab but I'm not certain...maybe someone else can enlighten me? But I'm STILL getting nudges and messages from guys from other continents! Grrrrr

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 07:20 AM
Yeah I did what you said. I was referring to the match section not the "who viewed me" section. Even though I indicated "interested in men," it still gave me almost all women in the search and most from NYC, Maryland, etc. Well I finally found a way to successfully refine my match search, so now it's actually showing me men in my area. However, is there a way to indicate in the search a preference for people with kids? In literally 6 pages of match results, not one single guy had kids except *possibly* one guy who didn't fill out any parts of his profile (so there was no answer for the "have kids" part) but his picture showed him with a small child so I'm guessing there's a possibility he could be a dad. I'd really prefer a dad over a non-dad because my dating experiences have shown me that dads have a lot more relatable understanding and patience about me having primary custody of my own child.

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 06:59 AM
Okay I just made my profile yesterday but already I am getting frustrated. For matches, it keeps recommending me women and/or people from other cities. Um first of all I'm seeking a HUSBAND and I do not want a penpal or long distance relationship. The other city part may explain why most of the contacts I've been receiving are from men that live very far from me. We're talking Illinois, Baltimore, and even India when I am located in Philadelphia. There's nothing wrong with those other cities and countries (in fact, I've always wanted to go to India as I find their culture and food to be fascinating), just that a long distance relationship where I cannot have regular sex or even meet the person is a definite deal breaker for me. I came on this site looking to go on DATES, not empty promises. Ugh any way I can refine my matches?

2 Next