Community > Posts By > rmortonthatsme

rmortonthatsme's photo
Sun 03/02/14 08:59 PM
If that phone uses a Sim card, you can unlock it online relatively cheaply, then use whatever service you want. Most carriers these days have good plans, depending where you live. A lot depends on what you want it for; talk and text only, or with data included. Unlimited talk and text runs $30 per month, depending on carrier. $40 and up if you want data. For occasional uses, pay per use plans might work better than monthly. Boost, Verizon, T-Mobile, Metro PCS and Straight Talk.

rmortonthatsme's photo
Sat 03/01/14 08:33 PM
Another reason why I dismiss proselytizing religious people who condemn homosexuality:

Half a billion dollars is awarded to seven former 'child brides' of pedophile televangelist who sexually abused them when they were girls

Tony Alamo, a televangelist who formed a massive ministry, was convicted of beating sexually abusing several girls while he ran Twenty First Century Holiness Tabernacle Church. One woman testified that he abused her from age 9 until she escaped at age 15. Took several girls and women as his wives. Alamo is currently serving 175 years in federal prison on sex assault charges.

He was against homosexuality, too. Another fine example of the religious right doing God's work...

rmortonthatsme's photo
Sat 03/01/14 08:15 PM
My personal opinion on all of this simple. The vitriol coming from the overly religious ones really does prove that someone who is different scares them very deeply. They feel somehow superior, and the mere hint that those who practice what they see as deviant behaviour should be viewed as equals is terrifying. That is one of the chief reasons members of the gay community are treated as pariahs and ostracized by the fundamentalists. It is to be their way, or it is wrong. Another reason I abandoned organized religion a long time ago.

rmortonthatsme's photo
Sat 03/01/14 11:01 AM
I have also had this trouble. The log out link appears to be activated when you touch it, but it does nothing. What I tried, and it worked, is turn your phone/tablet 90 degrees, so that instead of being up/down it is left/right, or vice versa. Then try logging out. Might work for you too.

rmortonthatsme's photo
Sat 03/01/14 08:32 AM
Sounds like she is an Abbott and Costello fan.
"Dont say what"
"Why?"
"Not why, what"
"Why not?"
"What is rude!"
"I dont know. What is rude...why?"
"Because..."

rmortonthatsme's photo
Fri 02/28/14 07:29 PM
If you dont mind obscure Sweet Music, check Youtube for a group called Jenson Interceptor, song - Tiny Thing.

rmortonthatsme's photo
Fri 02/28/14 07:27 PM
Uh...48's? I hope you mean 45's.

rmortonthatsme's photo
Fri 02/28/14 07:24 PM

The Hotel New Hampshire - John Irving
The Drawing Of The Three - Stephen King
Lord Of The Rings - Tolkien

Irving fan here as well. THNH is good, though I prefer World According to Garp. Cider House Rules as well. No real favourite genre, but sci-fi, fantasy are likes. Also enjoy carefully crafted storyies, Tom Clancy's in particular.

An obscure book, called Frozen Star, about the early days of radio astronomy and the search for black holes, is still a favourite of mine.

rmortonthatsme's photo
Fri 02/28/14 06:17 PM

(1)FEAR OF TAKING RESPONSIBILITY
(2)PAST HURTFUL EXPERIENCES
(3)FEAR OF MISSING OUT ON THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMEN
(4)HIGH RATE OF DIVORCE

1) Both parties have to bear responsibility for how a relationship goes. This applies equally to both.
2) Everyone has had experiences that have hurt them. Without sounding sexist, I would theorize that women have had more hurtful experiences, because they tend to be more sensitive. This is a generalization only, of course.
3) Maybe in the Hunter-Gatherer days, and yes, some guys will always think there is someone more beautiful out there. That, of course, is their folly, and their choice.
4) Ridiculous. The divorce rate these days is so high because people are not willing to put forth the time and effort to work on their marriages. They are too wrapped up in their petty dalliances, thinking the relationship will run itself. And, it is easier to cite irreconcilable differences than actually work on things. Not all, of course, but certainly many.

rmortonthatsme's photo
Fri 02/28/14 05:41 PM
Not a fair question, as I dont think much of current singers =). But, if you want to go not only Old School, but Ancient School...google the Cherry Sisters...will give you a laugh:).

rmortonthatsme's photo
Fri 02/28/14 05:37 PM
As a former senior host in the old MSN Lobby and News chatrooms, shortly after 9/11, I can tell you there were plenty of imposters out there, even in the Groups section. Some would play sympathy cards, the woe is me story, bilking others of gift cards, money, even in one case pot...yes, pot, sent via snail mail. Mostly, though, it was people using the anonymity of the internet to disguise themselves as something they were not. My first marriage had fallen apart, and I had not yet met my second wife (whom I am still with). I was vulnerable, and fell for someone who was not what she pretended to be. I was duped, but it did not cost me anything other than a few pride points. Made me a stronger person, though.

The internet has been a boon to communication and understanding one another, realizing that most people are not all that different. The downside is it has opened the door to those who would take advantage of others. Stay strong!

rmortonthatsme's photo
Thu 02/27/14 05:59 PM

Holder hospitalized after experiencing 'faintness and shortness of breath'

Perhaps a higher power will do what Congress refuses to do for us bigsmile

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/02/27/holder-hospitalized-after-experiencing-faintness-and-shortness-breath/?intcmp=latestnews

Let's all pray that he receives his "just" reward.

Better to pray that he recovers; "Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth: Lest the Lord see it, and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him." - Proverbs 24:17 - 18

I would rather stick with the "just" reward and let his creator figure it out. Low be unto me to tell the creator what he must do one way or the other.

Very "Christian" of you.

rmortonthatsme's photo
Thu 02/27/14 02:47 PM
Depends. Are you asking why people are on here? If that is the case, then I choose Option 3 - neither.

rmortonthatsme's photo
Thu 02/27/14 02:12 PM
"A modest head and shoulder shot, smiling, no cleveage, may sound overly conservative but it does set a tone that says I am a person first."

Your point is both well made and well taken. A first impression picture of the type you describe is not only classier but sends the correct message. Some chowderheads will still think you are automatically game for an intimate encounter just because they think every woman wants that (because they do). Easy to spot and block. Genuine people will look at the pic, the bio and make a learned decision either way. Besides, their conversational cues tend to give them away pretty quickly if all they want is sex.

rmortonthatsme's photo
Thu 02/27/14 06:48 AM

@ no1phD & rmortonthatsme. Yhu guys just pulled my legs with yhur write up. Sometimes, what yhu see might be deceiving, yhu guys so believe in fake human philosophy forgetting the automate solution and that is GOD. Yes! Books are been written by humans, but in it yhu find the evidence of truth that's BIBLE, baby, although i haven't seen GOD, but i always feel HIS presence within me & i believe HE is 100% real. If yhu wanna know how HE look like, lo! Then look at me, i'm just like HIM, in HIS image & likeness. Have yhu ever wonder Y yhu have a brother or male friends? So with our selfish desires, we keep chasing thing and we never get satisfy. Homosexual is a sin because two like charges cannot contrast. I believe seldom is coming back again, and all we need now is the truth and stop believing all those old folks that twist the word of truth to suit your desires, so if yhu are in it, piss of from it yhu know and face the truth cus that is all ya need in this evil time.

If you wish to believe the "truth" of your scripture, then here are 2 tidbits to follow. "A new commandment I give you. Love one another as I have loved you." No qualifications there, just love one another, period. Not enough? Ok how about this one. "Judge not, lest ye be judged." If your God made everyone, and every thing, then they are unique and perfect, and exquisitely made. Your rant above suggests you are being critical of the very god whose virtues and love you are extolling.

rmortonthatsme's photo
Thu 02/27/14 06:39 AM
And equally important, make sure you report any of these interactions. Thats the only way site management can help to control and weed out these parasites.

rmortonthatsme's photo
Wed 02/26/14 06:41 PM

well if you find a guy on here who says he aint lookin' for sex then ya find a liar and ya wanna stay away from those acourseflowerforyou

Really? So your point is that all guys on here are looking for sex. If they say they are not, then they are lying, so stay away. If they are looking for sex, but the OP is not, at least at the outset, then she should probably avoid them because they are horndogs. That eliminates everyone male. Pretty blanket statement that would offend some people.

rmortonthatsme's photo
Wed 02/26/14 06:34 PM
One of my personal favourite words

Mellifluous

rmortonthatsme's photo
Wed 02/26/14 06:21 PM
Is it a sin in.....who cares? Anyone who pretends to know the mind of a deity (or an alleged deity as the case may be) is obviously projecting their own prejudices onto things. I am not religious, but I can quote scripture (but I will not, for this is not a theology thread). Books are written by man, period. What 2 consenting adults do amongst themselves behind closed doors is not the business of you or I, the government, the church, or anyone else. If G(g)od reveals themself in front of me and says homosexuality is a sin, I would probably argue that point with them.

rmortonthatsme's photo
Wed 02/26/14 05:50 PM
I tend to agree. Open to possibilities is the key. Everyone has a specific idea of their Prince/Princess Charming, but really, that is almost a mythical ideal. As with everything else in life, there has to be room for some compromise. But if you are stuck in a tunnel vision idea, who knows how many wonderful people you are missing. One of them could be the love of your life, but you will miss them entirely. The hoary old cliche about not seeing the forest for the trees applies quite well here.

Previous 1