Community > Posts By > mrld_ii

mrld_ii's photo
Mon 11/24/14 07:21 PM
Edited by mrld_ii on Mon 11/24/14 07:22 PM

Missing the point. Most cases will have different details but the same charge. Both cases involved someone's death at the hands of another.both were deaths of unarmed at hands of the armed. One case explained that who initiated DID not matter doing as the shooter was fearful. The other felt that the initiation,even after it was over. Justified the fear requirement. That consideration which justified the officers fatal shooting May have justified young Martin's fight so it could not justify his death.

Nope. You're not getting it. You honestly believe that one case said it's OK to kill if you're attacked and the other said it's OK to kill after you've been attacked and the person is walking away.

THE EVIDENCE - WHICH THE GRAND JURY WAS PRIVY TO - DOESN'T SUPPORT THIS SCENARIO. The news media and what it's chosen to show you in its coverage has told you this is the scenario and you've chosen to believe it, without seeing any of the evidence for YOURself; you find yourself better informed than those people who DID have access to ALL the evidence.

Earlier, there were indications the Grand Jury's evidence would NOT be shared with the public; now, there's reports it's already being put out, online.

Perhaps, after viewing ALL the evidence that was provided to the Grand Jury but NOT (previously) to the media, your legal mind will get back on track.

Or, perhaps you'll continue to let your emotions override your logic.

As someone previously stated, each of us is entitled to our own humble opinion. Humbly, I prefer to base MY opinions on facts and reality.

drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Mon 11/24/14 06:56 PM
Edited by mrld_ii on Mon 11/24/14 06:58 PM

Ok. Too bad t didnt die in Ferguson where INITIAL contact mattered more than in Florida.

Too bad he didn't run into an on-duty police officer who was responding to a call to a crime HE'D just committed, too.

You really ARE stretching to ignore the completely different facts of the matters to *make* them one-and-the-same, huh?

Gosh. If someone so well trained in the law is so easily riled, to the point of completely ignoring the law, imagine what the millers-about in the streets of Ferguson are thinking - and feeling - right about now.

mrld_ii's photo
Mon 11/24/14 06:46 PM
Edited by mrld_ii on Mon 11/24/14 06:46 PM

But not really. Z DID not attempt a stand your ground DEFENSE. Both cases involved a confrontation ending in death. With z it only mattered that he was scared, regardless of who initiated. Here, INITIAL contact mattered as justification for the fear that justified lethal force.

Zimmerman didn't HAVE to provide a "stand your ground" defense; he simply had to present "in self defense". Each state has different requirements: "stand your ground", "a duty to retreat", "like-force", etc. The JURY is instructed which rules come into play in a "self-defense" plea.

Zimmerman was a private citizen; this officer was acting while on duty and while in the line of duty while responding to a call for police assistance.

Zimmerman's case was bound by Florida law; this is Missouri law.

You should know the law better than you're pretending to be oblivious to, now.

mrld_ii's photo
Mon 11/24/14 06:34 PM

INITIAL AGGRESSOR IMPORTANT HERE BUT NOT WITH ZIMMERMAN FIGURES. OH WELL

DIFFERENT STATES; DIFFERENT LAWS.

TO BOOT, 'STAND-YOUR-GROUND' FOR A PRIVATE CITIZEN VS. 'IN-THE-LINE-OF-DUTY' JOB REQUIREMENTS.

YOU, WITH YOUR PARALEGAL TRAINING, KNOW BETTER THAN TO MIX APPLES WITH ORANGES, FOR EFFECT. THAT'S THE DOMAIN OF LITIGATING ATTORNEYS.

mrld_ii's photo
Mon 11/24/14 05:45 PM

Hi...all....
I tell my kids all the time be careful..and watchful.. people
are just people no matter what title they hold.
Teachers...Doctors... Police...etc...

It pisses me off a tad...that it seems certain people
In authority positions are not being punished
Appropriately..

Just my humble opinion

Did you serve on the Grand Jury?

If not, then you do not have all the evidence, but have based your opinion on what the media - and what the media's coverage - has *told* you.

Personally, I'll wait to see what the Grand Jury (made up of 7 men, 5 women / 3 blacks, 9 whites) decides...and WHY they decided it (IF they'll even share their reasons).

But, I'm just *weird*, that way.

drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Mon 11/24/14 05:33 PM

he's not being found guilty, only enough doubt to indict....and face trial, thats all...

if they "no-bill" there is essentially no public record.....
if nothing else, michael browns dead body deserves that...

i say they indict and set bail......that would best serve ALL the people equally...let a jury eventually decide the matter.......and most importantly it would put a halt to any violence and looting and more killing...

?!?

A grand jury simply issues a decision on whether or not there's enough evidence for the District Attorney TO bring charges.

If they DON'T indict, certain citizens of Ferguson [and elsewhere] have promised trouble; if they DO indict, other certain citizens of Ferguson [and elsewhere] have promised trouble.

Reads to me like there's going to be trouble, regardless.

If he's indicted, there'll be a decision on what charges will be brought; THAT will cause another uproar.

If there's a plea deal, THAT will cause another uproar.

If it goes to trial and a verdict is rendered, THAT will cause another uproar.

If the conviction is for too mild a charge, THAT will cause another uproar.

Once sentencing is delivered, based on the verdict which is based on the charges, THAT will cause another uproar.

This scene is FAR from being over, regardless of this first step in the process...unless the Grand Jury releases tonight that there's not enough evidence FOR a trial -

then the town will probably burned down to the ground, once and for all, in one fell swoop tonight, instead of in bits and pieces during each step of the process over the months and years to come.

Pretty crappy prospects, anyway one looks at it.

sad2

mrld_ii's photo
Mon 11/24/14 04:57 PM

if they reached it, whats with the stall tactics in announcing it...??

why are they waiting ? .......for darkness to cover the whole united states ?

They actually said about a week ago that everyone would be given 24 hours' notice once a decision had been reached but before they announced the decision, to allow schools, businesses, police, etc., to gear up.

Perhaps because many of the schools are already closed this week for Thanksgiving - and since everyone's been anticipating this for a couple of weeks, now - they figured 1.5 hours was long enough for the Mayor to get to the podium and for the news vans to set up their live - and continuous - feeds.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/11/24/ferguson-grand-jury-deliberations/19474907/

mrld_ii's photo
Mon 11/24/14 03:59 PM

Extra shipping fees to drop her on your back door stoop. laugh

OOOOOoooooo...thanks for the reminder.

Gotta add "a working doorbell, installed" to my Christmas Wishlist. :thumbsup:

mrld_ii's photo
Mon 11/24/14 03:30 PM

@ stan:

WTF?!? IAC purchased Amazon?!?

Good thing IAC doesn't have Drones delivering for window shopping.

What a great idea!!! Hell, I'd start ordering one of every model AND pay extra shipping fees IF they'd let the drones drop 'em from 2,000 feet, on their pointy little heads, right on my doorstep.

I might even go *buy-sexual* just to spread some extra holiday cheer around for some of my nearest and dearest!!!

biggrin

mrld_ii's photo
Mon 11/24/14 03:20 PM
Edited by mrld_ii on Mon 11/24/14 03:21 PM

Who cares what his religious beliefs are? We have a 1st amendment protecting them.

However his actions, policies, ineptitude, and lying......... a whole other ball game destroying the country most of us actually care about..... and many others as well!

If you run out of material, Mother Jones has put together a pretty comprehensive list of all the Obama scandals, complete with hotlinks to the *proof*.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/10/chart-obama-conspiracy-theories

It's no wonder you're so interested in it all, OP...it's been reported that Obama is a space-traveler, just like you:

..."Obama's adventures on Mars: As a teen, Obama participated in a CIA initiative to teleport to Mars using a top-secret "jump room." Self-described time travelers William Stillings and Andrew Basiago claim to have met the future POTUS at American space bases on the Red Planet. In early 2012, a spokesman for the National Security Council actually acknowledged these claims, and issued a fairly convincing denial."

drinks

Perhaps if our Liar-in-Chief wasn't such an outright liar, narcissist, and fraud, you wouldn't have to work so hard defending him and his actions? whoa

Ummmm...please do go back and find where in my post I "defended him and his actions".

Now, go back and find where I have EVER defended President Obama.

I'll save you the trouble: you can't. I've specifically said I don't believe in [being put in a position to be] defending a currently-seated POTUS; those who DO do such, put this country to shame and bring world-wide embarrassment to us all.

Refusing to jump on the scandal and conspiracy-theory bandwagons (because my brain won't allow me to) is a VERY different beast from "defending him".

Speaking of defenses, please provide PROOF from a legitimate source for just one of these allegations, which you've presented-as-fact:

Perhaps if our Liar-in-Chief wasn't such an outright liar, narcissist, and fraud...

Whoa, there, Nellie!!! Let's not forget to provide proof of your previous allegations, before moving on to new ones, now!!!

mrld_ii's photo
Mon 11/24/14 02:04 PM

If you run out of material, Mother Jones has put together a pretty comprehensive list of all the Obama scandals, complete with hotlinks to the *proof*.

It's no wonder you're so interested in it all, OP...it's been reported that Obama is a space-traveler, just like you:

..."Obama's adventures on Mars: As a teen, Obama participated in a CIA initiative to teleport to Mars using a top-secret "jump room." Self-described time travelers William Stillings and Andrew Basiago claim to have met the future POTUS at American space bases on the Red Planet. In early 2012, a spokesman for the National Security Council actually acknowledged these claims, and issued a fairly convincing denial."

drinks

Perhaps if our Liar-in-Chief wasn't such an outright liar, narcissist, and fraud, you wouldn't have to work so hard defending him and his actions? whoa

Ummmm...please do go back and find where in my post I "defended him and his actions".

Now, go back and find where I have EVER defended President Obama.

I'll save you the trouble: you can't. I've specifically said I don't believe in [being put in a position to be] defending a currently-seated POTUS; those who DO do such, put this country to shame and bring world-wide embarrassment to us all.

Refusing to jump on the scandal and conspiracy-theory bandwagons (because my brain won't allow me to) is a VERY different beast from "defending him".

Speaking of defenses, please provide PROOF from a legitimate source for just one of these allegations, which you've presented-as-fact:

Perhaps if our Liar-in-Chief wasn't such an outright liar, narcissist, and fraud...

mrld_ii's photo
Mon 11/24/14 01:46 PM

drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Mon 11/24/14 01:21 PM
@ stan:

WTF?!? IAC purchased Amazon?!?

mrld_ii's photo
Mon 11/24/14 01:03 PM
Cool game!!! :thumbsup:

shirtless men

more clothes

mrld_ii's photo
Mon 11/24/14 08:17 AM
So, (at least in the state of Texas,) it is now unconstitutional to commit adultery?!?

Cool. This should be fun to watch.

:laughing:

mrld_ii's photo
Mon 11/24/14 08:07 AM

write your 1 gud and 1 bad habbit? but be honest!

My 1 gud habbit: Impeccable spelling skills.

My 1 bad habbit: Incessantly mentally spell-checking others' posts.

Thanks for asking!!! drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Sun 11/23/14 07:18 PM
Has anyone hooked OP up with free WiFi, yet?!?

I'm positively dying to know who the lucky *female* is!!!

scared

mrld_ii's photo
Sun 11/23/14 07:14 PM
True. But it was an odd lead-in example to the other "Dating and Relationships" topics you threw in afterwards.

On my browser, anyway.

I've just often wondered what your thoughts on OTHER subjects are and got a little *titterpated* when I saw you'd ventured into an unfamiliar community, that we don't normally see you in.

In any event, I answered your question to the class, first thing in my first post.

drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Sun 11/23/14 07:04 PM

I always choose freedom, once all hope has been exhausted.

Do I look back and wonder/regret? Nah. I always make the best decision given the information available at the time and after careful consideration,

so playing Monday morning quarterback with the events of my life isn't ever a part of the equation.

drinks

Question for you, OP: are you bound by some sort of literary license to insert slavery/unfair treatment to blacks in EVERY single thread you start, regardless of where you place it? Like, will you lose sponsorship if you DON'T insert those topics into EVERY discussion no matter how unrelated they, in fact, are to the subject at hand?

what

thank you for the feedback, and actually, I tend to post in the moment of whatever I have experienced or been involved in during that moment, which is not really that often about slavery,, though it may SEEM that way because of the sensitivity of the topic

the other day, I wrote about 'allegations' (with no reference to slaveyr, by the way,,,lol) because I had been listening on the news to stories of women claiming they had been sexually assaulted

today, in listening to a history channel about the American timeline of slavery, reconstruction, and civil rights, I saw a story of a woman who killed her child rather than having it taken into slavery,, which made me think of how many ways in life we make that type of choice and if its the right one,,,

people kill themselves to escape the misery of their life
or they end their marriage to escape the misery of it
,,,,,,,,,it all kind of went through my head as similar choices,,,,,and it wound up here in the d and r thread

there are several topics like that, at least half of those I initiate (and I also do not really initiate many of these topics)are coming from something happening or being witnessed IN THAT MOMENT

Oh. My bad, then. It must be my browser acting up again.

On my screen, your OP started with:

Its a difficult choice ,whether we hang in there and hope that we can make things better or whether we throw the whole thing away and start 'fresh'

its a conundrum that applied to slaves (who would rather die or kill their children to keep themselves or their kids out of slavery)...

followed by a whole bunch of words and then ended with:

...do you ever look back? or have you mastered the skill of only looking forward?

Oh, and on my browser, this was in the "Dating and Relationships" community.

You come across as such an intelligent person; intelligence usually comes from being well-rounded on a vast array of many, many different subjects, rather than being solely focused on just one or two.

drinks

mrld_ii's photo
Sun 11/23/14 06:00 PM
You should create your OWN website, complete with rules that say there are no rules, which others can agree to play by when joining it and creating their profiles,

OP.

drinks

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25