Community > Posts By > MrWonderfll3000

no photo
Sat 07/19/14 07:40 PM

I'm doing a 10K fun run for cancer research in October. I'm a little worried that I'll end up walking most of the way lol
Are you behind in your training?

no photo
Sat 07/19/14 07:35 PM

There are studies on large group of people that have demonstrated that runners - not the extreme ones, not in the studies anyway - tend to develop osteo-arthritis of the knee on average 17 years later than sedentary people do.

anything compared to sedentary people will be healthier I should think.
The point was that it isn't "damaging to the joints".

no photo
Sat 07/19/14 03:51 PM
It's more like I'm trying to lose a few inches around the waist (I don't have much extra but it's not as slim as I like to be).

For me it's going to be mostly an increase in cardio vascular activity, as well as the usual home exercises I do.

Not sure about pics though :p

no photo
Sat 07/19/14 02:15 PM
Edited by MrWonderfll3000 on Sat 07/19/14 02:16 PM

Jogging is boring and it's bad for your joints as well.
I've been running for nearly 18 years, it's not bad for your joints. Depends how you practice the activity.
some people have weak ligaments and it is less enjoyable for that group.

Ah yes, there are individual differences...some people can't exercise at all. But to say running is bad for your joints, as a general statement, is just wrong.

There are studies on large group of people that have demonstrated that runners - not the extreme ones, not in the studies anyway - tend to develop osteo-arthritis of the knee on average 17 years later than sedentary people do.

My experience and that of others back that up.

And running - not jogging ;) - is not boring (I know you didn't say that, just putting it here in the same post)

no photo
Sat 07/19/14 12:04 PM
Jogging is boring and it's bad for your joints as well.
I've been running for nearly 18 years, it's not bad for your joints. Depends how you practice the activity.

no photo
Wed 07/16/14 03:13 PM
Edited by MrWonderfll3000 on Wed 07/16/14 03:14 PM
Well probably happens to most of us.

I know I can sometimes get sarcastic with people I find very offensive. When it happens to me - I'm not offensive however :angel: - I may not take it as well.

I'm especially insulted by those horrible women who flirt back with me just because I flirted with them.

People! rant

no photo
Tue 07/15/14 06:51 PM

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND

oh dang it ,I live in Canada!!. we're not allowed to have guns..laugh laugh .. but they teach us how to run really fast in school.. and screaming while you're running, doesn't hurt...sad sad

I considered moving to Canada before. I just like the culture of those I have met from there.
You're still welcome to do so. flowerforyou

no photo
Tue 07/15/14 12:17 PM
His concept of god is simplistic. It's not an imaginary friend. It's more subtle and isn't stupid.

no photo
Tue 07/15/14 12:58 AM
I'd use a baseball bat or a gun, and I'm not pro-gun but if it's there... (not pro-gun as in not having them in circulation)

no photo
Tue 07/15/14 12:39 AM
Nope. Not yet.

no photo
Tue 07/15/14 12:39 AM
Although some are interesting. :D

no photo
Mon 07/14/14 07:44 PM

Really charming in the beginning, shitty later.
Must be a top 10 reason? ;-)

no photo
Mon 07/14/14 07:38 PM
Really charming in the beginning, shitty later.

no photo
Sun 07/13/14 07:10 PM
You seem like a great lady, but are too far.

The same ole problem. :p

no photo
Sun 07/13/14 06:47 PM
Of course.

I feel like it but it's not the most important thing in a relationship.

However I can and want to.

no photo
Sun 07/13/14 06:37 PM
I want my soulmate, romance.

Literally. I wish I could find my wonderful woman. :heart:

no photo
Sun 07/13/14 06:34 PM
Of course. Some are only interested in younger women, but others want someone closer to their age.

Or for me, I just want someone who I will be in sync with, etc

Whether she's 20 or 50.

no photo
Sun 07/13/14 06:05 PM
Of course, if people are serious. :smile:

no photo
Sat 07/12/14 02:36 PM

I'm telling you man, if you're not in pain the day after then you're not training hard enough. Bodybuilding is all about tearing the muscles down so they can rebuild. That's what makes them grow stronger and bigger.

I was saying that in general. Because there used to be a belief that somehow if it didn't hurt there was no progress.

You're talking about getting maximal gain, not just a good gain or great gain.
And you exercise each muscle group once a week so you have time for recovery.

I don't know if it's necessary to train to the point of pain in your sport but it's probably more demanding than in many others.

no photo
Sat 07/12/14 12:51 PM

Nam wah pai .. Red belt .. Haha . This girl knows a few moves :-)
Red belt? surprised Cool! ;)

Previous 1 3