Community > Posts By > Unknow

no photo
Sat 04/15/17 02:34 PM
Respect.

Such a tragedy. Heres to hoping lessons were learned that day and such an incident never happens again.

96 Gone, But Never Forgotten.

Y.N.W.A

no photo
Fri 02/24/17 09:08 AM
100% yummy!

no photo
Wed 11/23/16 11:13 AM
Edited by Unknow on Wed 11/23/16 11:14 AM
Whoops! It posted my reply twice!

no photo
Wed 11/23/16 11:13 AM
It was absolutely p**sing it down here the other night, so much so some of the roads were overflowing to the point of almost flooding! Apparently we were getting the tail-end weather of the hurticane from last week.

no photo
Sat 11/12/16 02:55 AM
Edited by Unknow on Sat 11/12/16 02:56 AM
Coast to Coast

Amazing (made for BBC tv) movie, hard to get hold of as it was only ever shown on tv once or twice when it was made in 1987.
It wont ever be released commercially as when it was made, the film makers only thought it was a one off showing, made for tv movie, so didnt pay out the extra money for the music rights for a commercial release and took the cheaper option. So for copyright reasons we wont ever get to see a cinema or dvd release, its unknown if the BBC still have their broadcast copy as it has not been repeated in almost 30 years!
The only way to watch this movie at the moment is via youtube as someone has uploaded a tv recorded copy on there. Its not perfect as it was taken from an old betamax tape, but its very watchable and a very good movie. Amazing soundtrack.

Stars lenny henry and john shea and oscar nominated pete postlethwaite (jurassic park, inception etc)

Good info about it on its wiki page, and i think theres an imdb page aswell if any one is interested!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coast_to_Coast_(1987_film)

no photo
Sat 11/12/16 02:21 AM
Edited by Unknow on Sat 11/12/16 02:22 AM
Well thats it, 7th series finished! Well worth the 9 year wait, hope we dont have to wait that long for the next one though!

Hope they have done an xmas or hogmanay special!

(I do realise im replying to myself but you never know, it might spark a little interest on the subject in someone! Lol)

no photo
Thu 10/27/16 10:33 PM
Gorgeous hun xxx

no photo
Mon 10/24/16 06:02 AM
I can't beleive that im the only person on mingle2 that watches this?

Surely at least one other person on here watches Still Game?

no photo
Thu 10/13/16 11:23 PM
Still game, and also i watched the recent one off special of goodnight sweetheart... hope they decide to bring it back into a new full series! Also been watching lots and lots of malcolm in the middle! It gets funnier every time i see it! Hal is the best character on it!
gavin and stacey, red dwarf new series, also watching westwood! Looks good have seen the first 2 episodes. South park, family guy, will also be binge-watching breaking bad again soon as weve not watched it since it finished on tv! Only fools and horses. Man down. National treasure. mock the week, would i lie to you, 8 out of 10 cats etc etc...
the list goes on!

I've just realised that since my accident, i watch too much tv!

no photo
Thu 10/13/16 10:54 PM
Edited by Unknow on Thu 10/13/16 10:59 PM
Chicken wings cooked in a halogen oven, with nothing but a pinch of ground pink sea salt and cracked black pepper sprinkled on them. Left to cool, but not go cold. Eat half as is, the other half lightly drizzled (not smothered in - you lose the chicken flavour if you smother them!) with sweet chilli sauce!

Yum.

Also nice on these is store-bought bbq sauce, place about 3 whiskey shot glasses worth in a small bowl, add a 1/4 shot of jack daniels to it, stir and cut up some fresh corriander (cilantro) and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Mix together and dip those wings!

Yummier.

no photo
Thu 10/13/16 10:44 PM
If im making fries, i just whack the heat up, in standard vegetable or corn oil, cut the potatoes nice and thin. Perfect every time.

If im cooking chips (as in fish and chips not thin potato chips)
Then i do the following.

get the best potatoes, maris piper are perfect for this.

cut up the potatoes to about a 1cm thickness
put a pan or fryer on low heat with half oil, half beef dripping or lard.
lower the chips in, set the timer for 15 minutes.
When the timer pings, give the basket a shake. Turn the heat up to full. Let them cook for another 5/6 minutes until golden brown and crispy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside!

Place on a plate, add salt and vinegar.

Yum.

P.s. although they are basically the same thing, there is a difference between French fries and chips,in both taste and appearance. They both suit different meals. I prefer chips with a steak, fries with a burger.

no photo
Thu 10/13/16 09:54 PM
Edited by Unknow on Thu 10/13/16 10:00 PM
I think most people are built in with a moral compass, and just because something is lawfull doesnt mean that it is morally right to do. But sometimes you might have to do bad things for good reasons (for example, hitting someone in self defence)

i know of someone who did a bad thing, and hit a woman for the right reasons. But is there a right reason for hitting a woman (or anyone for that matter?) Well you decide!

the woman in question had been drinking, and had started to be a bit of problem, first off to herself then others. Left the room, came back with a big VERY sharp knife, and started waving it around, saying she was going go kill herself! This woman was normally a very stable person, never acted like this before, but she wasnt used to drinking and never been drunk before. This party had a mixture of adults and children, the children were very close in proximity to the lady with the knife, who was swinging it about. Her husband entered the room, saw the situation and very quickly ended the situation by punching her and removing the knife. He had never hit a woman, before or since (this happened in the late 70s)
He felt very guilty and upset that he did this but he didnt do it to harm his wife, it wasnt out of anger. He wasnt a woman beater. He did it to diffuse a very urgent situation. His wife (who didnt remember anything the next day - thats booze for ya!) Wasn't upset about being hit, she thought that he had done the right thing, and was horrified at what she had done to cause the situation in the first place. All these years later he still gets down about what he did. No one held it against him, and he stopped a bad situation getting worse. Was it the right thing to do? Maybe he could of tried wrestling the knife away? But then in the struggle someone could of ended up stabbed or cut. Children were not even a foot away. At the end of the day he stopped something really bad happening by doing something that in any other situation would be bad itself.

I think each example should be judged on its own merits.
There was no excuse for how men used to be able to treat women. Legally Forcing themselves. I know times were different, people had a different mindset and behaved differently but surely they must have known right from wrong? If someone is begging and crying for you not to do something, then in your head you must know that the best course of action is to stop what your doing, not to carry on against their will? And how do you live with yourself after doing such things?
I mean, i felt horrible when i have shouted at the dog for leaving a giant turd on my new carpet, 5 seconds after I let the carpet fitter out of the front door! So how do those people feel? Did they have remorse? Or did they not give a **** and just carry on?

It makes me shudder knowing that there were (and still are) such people in the world today. People such as Jimmy savile (in the uk, a once as famous as you can get tv star and celebrity radio dj) who in his time raised millions and millions of pounds for charity all over the world, someone who saved hundreds of lives with the 'good' work that he did. Hosted a tv show where he made childrens dreams come true, arranging for them to meet there heroes or to fulfill an ambition they had etc.
As an 11 year old child, I remember running in a charity race with him, he was chatting to me as we ran.

A friend of royalty. He mingled with Famous stars such as Elvis. He is credited as being the first dj in the early 60s to use 2 record decks to mix songs, and its even said he created the "hip hop" clothing style trend, of wearing tracksuits and blinging gold jewelry, in the late 60s long before anyone else did.

All these things, acomplished by one man. A man who had everything and you would think his morals would be of a higher standard than most, you would think he would be such a caring man, helping disabled charities, hospital charities, underprivileged children... but it turns out he was the most depraved evil man who ever lived, he prayed on young children, took every opportunity to force himself upon them. He went to such disgusting lengths to keep his secret from getting out. How did he live with himself? Although we wont ever know, It seems that he justified these vile acts to himself by doing all the charity work etc. As if he thought it was his right, that he was allowed to do such things because he had bought a hospital wing or run a marathon to pay for a cancer unit. The worst thing is that 100s Of people knew what he was doing. Ok they may not have known the full extent, but a lot of people knew something. But they kept quiet, whether they were paid off, threatened or just didnt know what to do. A lot of people did say something. Told the authorities. But nothing hapoened. Sometimes losing there own job or being threatened becayse they had spoken up about him. Morally right people, doing what was right and being punished for speaking up.

There was always something about him. He gloated. He seemed weird. Even during my charity run with him I sensed something was off about him. I was only 11 years old. He didnt try anything with me thankfully, just chatted about music. But although I was 11, I knew there was something about him. But like i say, it was a different time. Things were different then. And now, he wont ever be prosecuted because he died before all his crimes came to light. Such a revered man, capable of doing such good things in life, ends up being someone capable of doing such bad evil things. I really dont know how that man lived with himself. But he seemed to not give a $hit, and if you watch interviews he did, he even seemed to give clues away about the vile things he did, as if laughing to himself and ridiculing what he had done, making light of it in his own mind.

You could say the world would of been better if he hadnt been here in the first place. But then, what of the 1000's (could be even more) lives that he is personally responsible for saving? Say you could go back in time and stop him being born. There are 2 outcomes.

First being, If he had not lived, not raised all that money there are cancer patients, lots of children, people who are disabled,who have been in accidents etc that are only alive today because of money he raised.they would no longer be here.

Second outcome is you let him live. His life plays out as it did, being a charity fund raiser saving lives, but sickeningly destroying children's lives in secret.

Its a no win situation. If hes here, he ruins 100s of lives by being the disgusting sick pervert he was. If hes not here, 1000's of people die because because the charities dont have the funding he supplied.

Just goes to show life isnt fair sometimes. And hes gotten away with it because he can never be brought to justice.

Sorry if it seems that ive gone slightly off the original topic, but it does still deal with the moral implications, the rights and wrongs.
I just dont understand how people like that can justify there own actions to themselves, let alone others!

no photo
Fri 10/07/16 06:55 PM
So, did anyone watch it? 9 years ive waited for its return.
i was not dissapointed!

no photo
Thu 09/29/16 05:21 PM
Also i just found out if someone blocks you, they show up to you as deactivated. Only found this out as someone i was chatting to suddenly came up as deactivated, yet another of my friends was still chatting to them on here. Turned out they had accidently blocked me! (Or so they said! Lol)
Hope this helps.
x

no photo
Fri 09/09/16 01:27 AM
Edited by Unknow on Fri 09/09/16 02:20 AM
Still game
friday night dinner
the inbetweeners
humans
man down
goodnight sweetheart
inside no9
the fast show
harry enfied and chums
harry enfield and friends
the kennedys
cradle to grave
not going out
red dwarf

Just a few recommendations for people to try. All good in my opinion!

Ps, to adivocedone, its been 30 years+ since britain had only 3 channels, its in the thousands+ now! Still, with all these channels, its a struggle to find aything decent to watch!

no photo
Thu 09/08/16 11:02 PM
Edited by Unknow on Thu 09/08/16 11:06 PM
Hi, is anyone else looking forward to the new series of still game?

From what i can tell it will be on BBC One starting some time around November (although i dont know an official date as yet!)
We are (n)avid fans of this tv show in our house, and have been waiting 9 years for its return! Having seen promotional pics of the makeup and new sets that have been built, it looks like the bbc have definately sunk some good money into its production. The full size set of 'The clansman' pub is very impressive, and due to the trouble that has been gone to with it, i speculate the BBC and the writers foresee a few more series in the future!

The series started out as sketches on a scottish tv show called 'chewin the fat' in the late 90's and evolved into a stage show called 'still game' featuring the characters of jack jarvis, victor mcdade and winston ingram, three 70+ pensioner's, chatting about their everyday lifes in the fictional Scottish town of 'Craiglang'.

This play toured scotland and canada among other places and was released on video in 1999. Shortly after this, Bbc commissioned a series to be made by greg hempill and ford kiernan and they chose it to be about those characters and Still Game was born!

The last series was broadcast in 2007 and after a 2014 live show at the Hydro in scotland, a new series was commisioned to be shown late in 2016.

So it would be great to hear anyones thoughts on this. The show is very popular in Scotland/England and throughout the rest of Britain, Australia and Canada! If you are not Scottish, the accent can be hard to understand at first, but it doesnt take long for your ear to become accustomed to whats being said, and to be honest this is definately one of (if not THE) Best comedy's ever written.the casting is perfect, and you totally forget the fact that most of the 'old age' cast are under 50! This tv show should be taught in tv school as something to aspire to!

Theres plenty of info about the tv show on the internet so just type 'Still Game' into your browser, and for anyone who hasnt seen it before im sure there are clips on websites like youtube etc to wet your appetite!

i would definately recommend starting with the 'still game live from cottier theatre' from the 1999 stage show if you can lay your hands on it. The perfect intro to Sill game.

no photo
Wed 08/17/16 03:23 PM
Gorgeous!

no photo
Sat 07/09/16 08:14 AM
Full english in a greasy spoon cafe
or
cheese on toast (with 3 different cheeses):curry:

no photo
Thu 05/19/16 01:43 AM
Thats ok, thanks!
its one of the best desserts i know, easy to make and doesn't cost millions! Luxury on a small budget lol

If you change the banana angel delight/banana pudding for a butterscotch or caramel/toffee angel delight/butterscotch pudding, and a sprinkle of wanluts or pecans it makes an equally amazing dessert!

also have a recipe for a quick microwaveable (adaptable to make sticky toffee/chocolate/choc chip etc) sponge pudding which i will add on here in a bit!

Hope anyone who tries the banoffee recipe enjoys it!

no photo
Thu 05/19/16 12:33 AM
Banofee pie.

Ingredients
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

For the base:-

1 Pack of biscuits/cookies (digestives are best but any will do)
A quarter of a pack of butter
2 tablespoons of drinking chocolate/coco powder or 1 tablespoon of nutella.

For the topping:-

A packet of banana angel delight (or any other banana pudding type desert) and milk (as per instructions on packet)
2 banana's
10 werthers originals
golden syrup or maple syrup
whipped cream.

Instructions.

First, crush the biscuits in a bowl, then melt the butter for 15/20 seconds in the microwave, if using nutella, add this to the butter and stir in. If using chocolate powder mix this with the crushed biscuits. Add the melted butter to the biscuits and mix together, then tip into a flat bottomed cake tin. Flatten with the back of a spoon and place in the fridge.

Next, take a mixing bowl and make the angel delight as per instructions,,
slice the bananas and layer on the biscuit base, then pour the angel delight mixture evenly on to the top.

Whip the cream in a bowl and leave to one side momentarily, and take a saucepan, place the werthers into it, add a few spoons of water, then warm gently until they melt. Turn off the heat and add a few tablespoons of golden syrup or maple syrup, mixing thoroughly.

After it has cooled, put the whipped cream on top of the banana angel delight, leaving a well in the centre to drizzle the toffee sauce onto.

Refrigerate for about an hour then tuck in!

Previous 1