Community > Posts By > stacb

stacb's photo
Thu 04/30/09 02:11 AM
I have 2 great girls that are in the teens *sigh* And yeah I have ran into those that want just the one nighters lol even had one tell me that im doable but not dateable because I had kids. But, on the other side of that I have had plenty of dates with some really great guys but just not the one you know?.... Just a matter of maturity level. Then you find the right one and you hit the matter of them feeling comfortable around your kids, if they are gonna be a part of your life then they get a say in your kids as well. It wont work if everything about the kids are left up to one person, it under-minds the others authority and makes them think they are non-essential. Balance is the key to everything... but don't ya ever get tired of juggling the umbrella?... Good luck to ya!

stacb's photo
Fri 04/17/09 03:27 AM
So maybe I'm just cold here dunno, been there seen this kinda thing before...

You don't know what hospital, his mom wont let you come see him...

My question.... Did it really happen or is this just away for guilt/pity to play a role and have you back in his little spell he lost control over?

Saying this because a close friend of mine went through a similar thing, guy & girl split, girl moves on with her life slowly, guy finds out next thing you know he "tried" to kill himself... someone claiming to be "dad" called told her... no hospital name given, no you cant come see him just leave it alone said..... Then a call, WE Lost him...

She was crushed blamed herself. She just moved back home to Texas, but he was in a different state.... She couldn't find out anything... Did some checking... Creeper still breathin just fine on his own was just playin a head game. Imagine his surprise when she showed up on his door step an slapped him an his family with papers to leave her the hell alone.

So thats why im cold on that one.

But it would make me wonder.....

stacb's photo
Fri 04/17/09 03:02 AM

Laws in different states vary, in many states if her custody order doesn't specifically state she can move wherever she chooses, then to take them out of the country could be construed as parental kidnapping. I would call your local legal aid and ask them what the laws in your state are.

This is so what I was going to say!

stacb's photo
Wed 04/15/09 04:03 AM
6 years?? and you said because of career and child?? come on really???

Way to long for that lol

stacb's photo
Wed 04/15/09 03:03 AM
The movie is good but ... the book is 100% better

stacb's photo
Tue 04/14/09 04:18 PM
I gotta agree with the talk to them for awhile first.... met several guys that say they are "good guys" .... but hmmm maybe the female version of a "good guy" is different from the males...idk just know that on here they can be whatever they type that they are, and the longer you talk to them the more you see that the type dont match the hype in some cases... then there are the ones that are honest to god good guys but *sigh* been burnt... geesh it works both ways. Just gotta decide if its worth the dusting yourself off and getting back on to try again thing. Something I was told a long time ago that I try my best to remember.... Not 1 person is the same as another, so never take the past into the future because you become judgmental and start comparing.

Good luck to you!

stacb's photo
Wed 03/18/09 01:33 AM
Issues seem to be a norm with online dating! The more people you talk to the more they have clear issues that need to be addressed. As a single mom that is working a crazy job with crazy hours online seemed the way to go. Now its just good to come on here an see I am relatively normal! *sigh* an that is so saying a lot coming from me!

Good Luck to yall with the online dating! Its crazy online and off line so just try to have fun!

stacb's photo
Tue 03/17/09 01:40 AM
Just had to laugh at the Texas women being to scared to chat thing.

stacb's photo
Sun 03/15/09 03:01 AM
From Killeen but currently in San Antonio

stacb's photo
Sun 03/15/09 02:49 AM
Don't rush, just be yourself. Has nothing to do with the way you look or your profile. Everyone has their "taste" in what they want. The ones that don't reply lol their loss right!

stacb's photo
Sun 03/15/09 01:49 AM
Edited by stacb on Sun 03/15/09 02:07 AM
Taco Soup

(alot of people call it chili but *shrugs* its good and the girls love it)

1lb ground beef/pork/turkey browned
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 can ranch style beans
1 can whole corn
1 can rotel
1 can pinto beans
1 pack of taco seasoning
1 pack of powder ranch dressing
1 bag of scoopable chips

brown the meat, drain and put in crock pot, add all the cans do not drain add the ranch and taco seasoning cook in slow cooker. The longer you cook this the better it gets serve with the chips
(cheap an easy... single parents dream!)

Another one that my kids like

Breakfast for supper...

I make sausage roll ups

1 can of Crescents Rolls
1/2 roll of sausage (any flavor)
grated cheese

flatten the crescents and connect the dots to form a dough spread sausage on top sprinkle with cheese roll up freeze for about 30 minutes cut into pinwheels bake at 350 until brown

serve with scrambled eggs and hashbrowns (i make the hashbrowns home made lol cheaper that way)

stacb's photo
Sun 03/15/09 01:40 AM
cheese cake

stacb's photo
Sun 03/15/09 01:35 AM
better that sex cake, its simple and easy and people really like it

if you need the how to let me know.

stacb's photo
Sat 03/14/09 06:26 PM
73 .... god the big hair generation...*sigh* i still remember that lol

stacb's photo
Sat 03/14/09 06:19 PM
Cheating is Cheating.... No Excuse. If a relationship is bad end it, normally why people cheat to begin with. It's total disrespect to cheat on someone and once a person cheats and is forgiven... lol hey its just to easy after that, the oh they will forgive me is always there..

stacb's photo
Sat 03/14/09 09:41 AM
It's funny how cynical we have all become. The nice guy, nice girl thing..... Everyone has their own opinion of what makes a person nice. What one classifies as a nice girl/guy may be the opposite for another.

Good ones are still out there, just gotta keep diggin till ya find them... like finding the perfect fishing worm.... toss the bad ones to the side an keep on looking the pay off is worth it in the end.

stacb's photo
Sat 03/14/09 07:05 AM
I can see the point of your kiddo having a phone due to the situation.

I to think you should get one of the phones that allow incoming and outgoing calls from/to a certain number. If your stuck in your plan ask them about this feature. It's our rights as parents to monitor them. They can also block texts from anyone not on the "number plan"

Kid's grow up way to fast many are having sex by this age, thank god mine isn't... she still thinks they are yucky!

And, i have called the number from my oldest an talked to the boys parents. Its amazing how many parents do not pay attention to what their kids are doing on the phones.....Good luck!

stacb's photo
Sat 03/14/09 06:48 AM
I actually put my kid in one....

I guess the difference was that it was for charity and all the kids won something .... yeah there was a 1st 2nd and 3rd but all the kids were rewarded.

My daughter won 1st place in personality and 2nd in beauty (it was something about her not being ashamed of picking her wedgie on stage and laughing about it that got her the personality)

Even though it was for charity and all in fun the moms and dads around me went above and beyond. MAKING sure that the kids had fun! It was more of a social gathering than anything. The kids went on staged danced around and just had a good time.

Would I do it again... YES...because she had fun she played with other kids her age and interacted with people on different levels than her. Again though it was just a charity event.

Real baby drama mama contests ... Naww im'a pass on those it kills the fun for the kiddos.

stacb's photo
Sat 03/14/09 06:40 AM
I have to say that it's true, it seems like that for to many years its been the mom to get custody. Even if the dad would be the better parent its still the mom... that's how it was...

With time changing and more and more dads getting the credit they deserve the courts are finally opening their eyes and seeing which parent would actually be best for the kiddo's.

It takes a special person to be a dad or mom. It's hard work, time consuming and never ending. Not many want that, especially when it comes with the "single" in front of the dad or mom. But, for us that do want that title we look out the opposite side of the ordeal. (the glass half full thing here) The rewards, the smiles, the kisses for the boo boos, the excitement, the pleasure of watching them grow up and above all the I LOVE YOU MOMMY ... I LOVE YOU DADDY...

So kudos for you dads that have taken the giant step in making people see that its not just the moms out there that can raise a kiddo. Because just as it takes a special person to be a dad not just a father cause anyone can do that... it takes a special person to be a mom not just a mother. And it's about time people see that there are some really great stand up dad's out there.

stacb's photo
Sat 03/14/09 06:31 AM
This is a hard issue to deal with. My daughter is Bipolar and suffers from depression too. (She just turned 17) After many many experiments and trying to find the right "medicine" I finally had enough. Seeing her go from zombie to superwoman in a matter of hours was to much. It kept her so unbalanced and unfocused that it was like walking on egg shells. (there is a book called that too, how ironic)

We sat down one evening when she was at an all time low and talked about it. She was all game at first on finding something to help her. Couldn't handle anymore attempts on her life. She was ready for help. But, after all the different types of medicine, from Zoloft to Seroquel to trileptal. We came up with a plan on our own and talked with all her "doctors" who were totally against our game plan. No, lets try this one or that one or this one... how about we do this one for her down this one to bring her up blah blah blah

My kiddo is not on any medication on a regular basis at this time.
We use Zoloft when her depression kicks in to a point where I cant bring her out of it, and Seroquel to help her get the sleep she needs when she is on a high. This happens maybe once every 6 months. I started keeping a chart of her highs and lows, finding out what sets her off and marking the days. Having her right a journal on a daily basis on her moods. And after 6 months of doing this with out any medicine what so ever we found the times her depression gets worse ways to notice the signs that it was coming on and things that help bring her out of them.

Its not the answer for everyone, medicine is needed in some cases but be careful because when they first start your child will be a science experiment. Keep close watch because for every depression medicine out there that helps there are a lot that have the opposite effect and will hurt. What works for one may not work for another.

Previous 1