Community > Posts By > liv_k

no photo
Mon 12/15/14 04:33 PM
Wow everyone thanks for the numerous responses!

no photo
Sat 12/13/14 04:42 PM
What is your opinion about dating someone who has not lost their viriginity yet? Is it a turn off? Or can it make the relationship more special? Also, would you wait to have sex until marriage? Just curious... :smile: whoa tongue2

no photo
Mon 12/08/14 03:12 PM

Okay, just playing Devil's Advocate here: Why can guys get away with arrogance and not women? If a male demonstrates great confidence in his intelligence, he is deemed as a strong leader. How come girls who know what they want and are self-assured are labeled as "bossy" or "annoying?" Don't get me wrong, I know plenty of girls who are like that, but most often, those qualities are excused in males.

In your OP, you state the following:

Unfortunately, many guys see this as a negative. As far as I can tell, they are either threatened by the prospect of a smart woman being able to see through their bullsh*t, or they just don't find intelligence attractive.

You claim that guys are turned off by your intelligence.

It looks to me that you are making an unproven assumption.

How are we to know that guys aren't being turned off by something else?

You are right, but the point of this was not necessarily to solve my relationship problems, but to open up a discussion on gender and how society views people differently depending on whether one is a male or female. I don't mean to cause an arguement.

no photo
Mon 12/08/14 02:20 PM

intelligence and ego are two different things...

most find it difficult to be around anyone who is self inflated, male or female...

why...

all their negative feedback about others is automatically correct, but no negative feedback about them is correct...

hum...

ego...

self is smart, but many others are not, hence their feedback is deemed "incorrect", or not valid...

it ends up a one way street...

my dumb rule of thumb is always, i will accept all their "negative feedback" as valid, if they will accept all my "negative feedback" as valid...

i will do and speak as they tell me "i should", if they will do and speak as i say "they should"...

that usually runs off the ego manic's who just "feel smart", by only choosing to believe any they can find to feed them "positive" feedback about them self...

but truly, in a world where "critique" is commonly viewed as an assault against the self, learning to speak unsuperior, and unaccusatory, will become more profitable and advantageous every day.

peace

Hey, I actually understood all of that. surprised

Guys don't dislike a girl because she is intelligent.
Guys dislike an intelligent girl when she is arrogant about her intelligence.

Okay, just playing Devil's Advocate here: Why can guys get away with arrogance and not women? If a male demonstrates great confidence in his intelligence, he is deemed as a strong leader. How come girls who know what they want and are self-assured are labeled as "bossy" or "annoying?" Don't get me wrong, I know plenty of girls who are like that, but most often, those qualities are excused in males.

no photo
Sat 12/06/14 06:52 PM

Well, as far as I've understood men aren't at all that scared of an intelligent woman. But they want a woman, someone who can feel and is in touch with her feelings, not a college professor. If you're in your head all the time, you communicate with men like they do with their mates. Great if you want to be friend-zoned, not so much if you want a partner.
Many women these days have been sort of brainwashed by society to act this way, basically most women function from masculine energy as opposed to feminine energy.
And as one expert said "No man wants another 'man' next to him, not even if she's pretty"
Psychologically speaking men need women to be able to connect to their emotions. That way men & women can connect. So if a woman isn't in touch with hers ... you can't really connect. Yes, you can connect to his brain, not to his heart ..

I like your take on this. I think that is partially what has happened to me a lot; I get friend-zoned or denied because I sometimes connect with men in a different way than they want. Thanks!

no photo
Sat 12/06/14 06:09 PM
Edited by liv_k on Sat 12/06/14 06:09 PM
In response to James -
Wow, your comment is very dissapointing for me to read. I would hope it would be the opposite because I think that your opinion is part of the reason why girls can act very "stupid" to get attention.

no photo
Sat 12/06/14 04:55 PM
I am an introvert. It is best thing about me yet my biggest downfall. I love being self-sufficient, and the indepence I recieve from not being tethered by the need to take a companion with me everywhere is a lovely perk. However, my introverted nature limits me. I don't go out of my way to make friends or find guys. While I do enjoy being sociable for short periods of time, the biggest part of my personality is my need to be alone to "recharge." Does that mean I don't want to find someone to spend the rest of my life with? Not necessarily. But, in response to your thought provoking post, being alone has taught me more about myself than any amount of time I have spent trying to fit in with a crowd of people.

no photo
Sat 12/06/14 04:47 PM
Okay, thanks guys. You are pretty much just validating my opinion on the matter; that is why I continue to just be myself!

no photo
Sat 12/06/14 04:21 PM
The biggest obstacle I have had to overcome on this site is sounding too "pretentious" or "superior." I am someone who is very confident in her intelligence, so I don't try to dumb down my use of language. Unfortunately, many guys see this as a negative. As far as I can tell, they are either threatened by the prospect of a smart woman being able to see through their bullsh*t, or they just don't find intelligence attractive. What is your opinion? Do you subconsciously judge people based on their intelligence?

no photo
Sat 12/06/14 03:50 PM
So do you think that I am scamming you all by creating a fake profile for some "psychology" experiment? If so, I regret to inform you that you are WRONG! I am 100% the girl in those photos. I think the stigma that all beautiful girls are stupid is just terrible. I don't know what else to say. Thanks to everyone else who has provided me with input. It is disheartening to think that my profile is discredited because of my intelligence. :(

no photo
Mon 12/01/14 03:37 PM
thanks everyone for the input!

no photo
Sun 11/30/14 07:54 PM
I have never had a boyfriend before and struggle to even get asked out. I guess I am kind of shy but I just don't get it! Any suggestions on how to ask a guy out? And by looking at my pictures and profile would any of you date me?

no photo
Sun 11/30/14 07:17 PM
U2 The Best of 1980 - 1990

no photo
Sun 11/30/14 07:07 PM
okay thanks!

no photo
Sun 11/30/14 07:06 PM
Another question: Which picture should I make my main picture? My current one gets cut off a bit so it looks weird. Of the other pictures I have posted, which one would be the most alluring?

no photo
Sun 11/30/14 06:45 PM
Hey guys, or anyone for that matter, what do you think of my profile? Are the pictures good? What should I change? Thanks!!

no photo
Sun 08/31/14 03:29 PM
8!

no photo
Sun 08/31/14 03:27 PM
Hello everyone! I'm new here so I'm not quite sure what to do... ;)

no photo
Sun 08/31/14 03:27 PM
Hello everyone! I'm new here so I'm not quite sure what to do... ;)

no photo
Sun 08/31/14 03:23 PM
Hey guys! I'm just curious to see what you think of me... ;)