Community > Posts By > adventureman64

no photo
Tue 02/10/15 10:20 AM
That would explain why those words show up on so many profiles. It seems rather strange though. Thanks

no photo
Tue 02/10/15 05:29 AM
I understand that not everybody is proficient in spelling, but how do so many people come up with the same words, that aren't really words ? What the heck is the meaning of 'pionate' and 'compionate' ? These words aren't in Websters dictionary, yet there are many, many women who use these words in describing themselves.

no photo
Thu 10/30/14 02:26 PM
One of my fishing t-shirts reads

"It's not how deep you fish,
it's how you wiggle your worm."

no photo
Tue 10/28/14 03:01 PM

Because when a man says to you " I can't date you as I am used to dating prettier women", then there is no wrong guess of perception. Or when he cranes his neck to look at another woman when he is with you; that tells me he doesn't think much of your looks. Or when he dumps you for a younger prettier woman; it doesn't do much for your self esteem. Men can make women feel very unattractive and I know that first hand.

Any man who would treat a hottie like you that way has definitely got problems.

no photo
Mon 10/27/14 05:52 AM
This is all very interesting. So you think that if I replaced my main photo with one that is 'different', that more people would view my profile ? That sounds like a positive thing to me.

no photo
Sun 10/26/14 10:18 AM
Thanks for the info, Crystal, but I have no need to hide myself from anyone. I understand and sympathize with the problems women must have on a site like this. Please don't misunderstand me, I have nothing against people using a picture other than one of themselves, I was just curious about the different reasons. I don't personally have the problem of being inundated with messages. Perhaps I'm a little more active and adventurous than women my age are looking for, but that's OK. If a woman isn't looking for someone like me then there is no reason for them to message me. :o)

no photo
Sun 10/26/14 06:18 AM
Both are good reasons, and yes, Alf is a cool dude. How about some of you other posters ?

no photo
Sun 10/26/14 05:17 AM
Why are there so many people posting in the forums who post pictures other than themselves ? Are they hiding from something/someone ? Most seem to be nice, intelligent people, so why do they want to hide their face ? Everyone says 'participate in the forums and get to know the people.' Animals and cartoon characters, etc., aren't people. And, if you check out their profile too many times, trying to see what the actual person you're replying to looks like, then they seem to think they're being stalked or some such thing. Just wondering.

no photo
Thu 10/16/14 04:45 AM
Edited by adventureman64 on Thu 10/16/14 04:52 AM

This whole thread is rude.

I'm deeply offended.

*Harrrumph!*

I agree.

I would also like to point out that - in this now-3-page-thread filled with messages from others - OP has only responded to us

once.

"No reply IS [indeed] a reply."

:laughing:

After 36 unanimous replies to my question, I thanked everyone for their opinion and considered it the end of the thread. Beyond that point it seems to me that everyone is just beating a dead horse. Carry on, if you must. Thanks again.

no photo
Wed 10/15/14 06:52 PM
Sounds like everyone is in agreement. I've always felt that ignoring someone who is speaking to you is rude. I guess I haven't dealt with the cyber world long enough yet to learn how it is in this dimension. Thank you for your feedback.

no photo
Wed 10/15/14 04:47 PM
While not replying to a message is one form of an answer because it shows a lack of interest, is it also being rude ?

no photo
Fri 10/10/14 10:49 AM
Of course men are attracted to women by their looks, as are women attracted to men by their looks. Without that initial physical attraction, you probably wouldn't bother to find out what their personality was like. The question is, how do you define 'pretty enough', or 'handsome enough.' As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Isn't physical attraction the reason women use all the cosmetic products ? I suspect that most men don't go to the gym just for something to do. They're hoping that bigger muscles and a flatter belly will attract the women ! IMO

no photo
Wed 10/08/14 09:59 AM

Really? As I understand some of these posts, it sounds to me like some of you guys would be OK with a woman who is not interested in having sex with you. Is that true? There have been a couple of comments on here about sex being the icing on the cake. Personally, I disagree. I can eat cake without icing and it still tastes pretty good. Icing just makes it better. To me, that would be something like having plenty of money. Even without it, you still have "cake." To me, sex, just like intimacy, is one of the key ingredients, like flour or eggs or milk or sugar. Take away the basic ingredients and the cake just isn't good or it falls apart. I look at sex, intimacy, respect and communication as key ingredients. They all have to blend together to make it work.

Well, now the women here know you're looking for sex. Maybe if you posted your picture some of them would be interested. Then again, maybe not. If both the man and woman in a relationship agree that sex just isn't that important to them, it doesn't mean their 'cake' is going to fall flat.

no photo
Tue 10/07/14 05:20 AM

Courtesy is also in the definition. bigsmile

Having read the entire thread, it seems to me like no one read this posting. The dictionary does define chivalry as "the combination of qualities expected of an ideal knight," referring to medieval knights, but that isn't the only definition. It also defines chivalry as "a man's courteous behavior, especially towards women." I think we can all agree that medieval knights are a thing of the past, but in my opinion, a man who is not courteous, defined as "polite, kind, or considerate," isn't much of a man. I see acts such as opening a door for a woman as being polite and considerate. A REAL man, however, doesn't feel that his masculinity is threatened when a woman is "kind" enough to open the door for him. Neither is a woman much of a woman if she doesn't appreciate it when a man is simply being courteous.

no photo
Tue 09/30/14 05:08 PM
For 25 years I tried very hard to make my wife happy, at great physical and financial cost to me. At age 50, after all those years of trying, I finally decided that it wasn't possible. I decided that I'd tried my best and it was now time for me to be happy, so I divorced her. I never realized how wonderful life could be. Hopefully some day I'll find the right woman to share this wonderful life with.

no photo
Tue 09/30/14 11:20 AM

Personally I like a woman who can stimulate my brain and has a dirty mind and likes to combine the two at regular intervals. Body and face will change over time yet the heart and mind will forever stay young me thinks?

Well said. You have described the woman I am looking for.

no photo
Sun 09/28/14 06:52 AM

Good morning taz, and all you fellow minglers out there. It's going to be another beautiful day. :o)

no photo
Sat 09/27/14 05:27 PM
It's a shame, but unfortunately what you said is true, and I'm sure the same can be said about some of the women, but not all are that way. It can be frustrating but hang in there. Get to know the people in the forums. There ARE good people on this site.

no photo
Sat 09/27/14 05:15 PM
Edited by adventureman64 on Sat 09/27/14 05:17 PM
It's simple. If you don't like facial hair or long hair, then move on to the next profile. If you're searching for a doctor, lawyer or commodities broker, maybe you're looking in the wrong place. I'm retired, and if you wanted to know what my profession was, all you'd have to do is ask, not complain because I didn't tell you up front. My ex was a complainer. Now she's an ex. This was meant as a reply to s8dy. For some reason it didn't show up that way.

no photo
Thu 09/25/14 07:38 AM
Hi Natalie. Welcome to Mingle.

Previous 1