Community > Posts By > 5x10

5x10's photo
Sat 07/28/12 07:04 PM
I know.....I miss all the fun chats we used to have!!!!

5x10's photo
Sat 07/28/12 06:58 PM

I was skinny as can be as a kid.
Not sure what happened.
It has been dead on here. Miss a lot of the old gang., wish they would pop in and say hi sometime.
What M2 buddies are on Fb..or should I say who isn't on FB..besides me that is lol

Me, Tim, Jerry, Jayne, Carol(Music), Deb, Jan, Don, Vivian, Jerry, Terry, Carol, Carole, Sadie, Ray...all I can think of now

5x10's photo
Sat 07/28/12 06:44 PM

oh yeah for sure. I remeber not being able to wait til I was older.
My mother would say " don't wish your life away, you will be an old lady soon enough then you will be wishing you were young again"

I can also remeber her taking me to the Doctor to see if I could gain weight. Man would she be happy now!

Can't say I ever had the not gaining weight problem, LOL, but I can relate to the others.

5x10's photo
Sat 07/28/12 06:42 PM
Every time I pop in here it seems to be so dead. Either people have found lives, are bored with us or Facebook has taken over....laugh

I admit, I do spend a lot of time on Face Book myself. A lot of Mingle buddies are on there too.

5x10's photo
Sat 07/28/12 06:37 PM

I can't believe its almost August. Time goes so fast anymore.

Yes it does. Scary huh?
Remember when we were young and it seemed to crawl?

5x10's photo
Sat 07/28/12 06:33 PM

That flood sounds awful.I don't remeber it then.
I am happy you were able to get a nice new pool. Bet you are getting a lot of use out of it this year. When do you have to go back to school?

I only have 3 weeks left. I have to go back August 20th sad

I have soooooooooo enjoyed this summer!!! YES, I am loving the pool AND the company.

5x10's photo
Sat 07/28/12 06:25 PM

I remeber Tim talking about those awful floods. I think he posted pics of them.
Last year we barely had any snow at all and it wasn't all that cold either. I think we are in for a doozey this year. I sure hope I am wrong though.

Tim's flood was a different year. In Des Moines it was 93 and also the Mississippi river flooded all the way down. In Des Moines, it was the Des Moines and Raccoon Rivers that over flowed over it's banks over taking the water works plant. It poured all spring and summer plus the melting from heavy snow north of us the winter before. The plants in my yard died from root rot due to so much moisture....it had (rain) no room to go because the ground was so soggy.
This summer when my pool wall busted flooding my yard...it was so dry (the ground) that it was all gone, soaked into the ground by morning and the ground still had cracks in it!! And the pool broke around 10:30 on the 4th of July night!!!!
Got a bigger, nicer pool now though...LOL The old one was about 20 years old.

5x10's photo
Sat 07/28/12 06:08 PM

I have been dying here. I don't remeber a summer being this hot. I fear what kind of winter it will be.

I know, same here. We haven't had this many days in a row of over 100 since 87. Then in 93 we had that BIG flood where the whole city lost it's water...remember? They said we are suppose to be above average temps way into Oct. but they didn't say what to expect for winter. We had a warm dry winter (if you want to call it that), wonder if we will get dumped on this winter???????

5x10's photo
Sat 07/28/12 06:01 PM

WOW...you 2 sure are lighting up the night....rofl

Shhhhhhhhhh Ese thinks its lightening ,but its really me having Hot Flashes .But don't tell him ok...I wouldn't want him to think I am old or anything.:tongue:

Nah...you are just having power surges!!

The power is really surging. Its been hot here too.
I don't have an Ac do you?

Yes Mamam...it would be unbearable in Iowa without one. When we lived in Northern Minnesota we didn't though. The nights always got cool on the lake no matter how hot the day.

5x10's photo
Sat 07/28/12 05:52 PM

Shhhhhhhhhh Ese thinks its lightening ,but its really me having Hot Flashes .But don't tell him ok...I wouldn't want him to think I am old or anything.:tongue:

Nah...you are just having power surges!!

5x10's photo
Sat 07/28/12 05:41 PM

nah, i heard a noise and thought some biker dude was in here trying to steal your heart, but it was only mary

Hey...are you saying I'm as loud as a Biker Dude? :angry:

:tongue: laugh flowerforyou

5x10's photo
Sat 07/28/12 05:39 PM

5x10's photo
Sat 07/28/12 05:38 PM
Hey Betty!
Very quiet day here. After WEEKS of 100 plus weather....it is cooler and we were teased with a drizzle of rain. We are in a severe drout. The corn and Soy beans are fried. We have a water ration going on....Glad I have a pool to cool off. The pool insures I always have company...LOL Hate to see what this drout all over the midwest is going to do to groceries etc. Guess I'll FINALLY get skinny laugh

5x10's photo
Sat 07/28/12 05:23 PM
Seems I always miss everyone whoa

How is your weekend going?

5x10's photo
Sat 07/28/12 05:10 PM
Anyone online tonight?????

5x10's photo
Fri 07/20/12 10:58 AM
Edited by 5x10 on Fri 07/20/12 11:01 AM
HEY BETTY....today is Georgie's Birthday bigsmile

AH HA, AH HA.......I'm sexy and I know it.....

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

5x10's photo
Mon 07/16/12 08:01 PM

Happy Birthday to a very special sweet friend.
My wish for you is that life treats you good and only happiness and love surround you! XO Mary

5x10's photo
Mon 07/16/12 07:46 PM
flowerforyou Happy Monday!

5x10's photo
Sun 07/15/12 06:35 PM
As usual...checking in when no one is home whoa

FINALLY got my computer cleaned so maybe I can check in more often now because it won't freeze up on me.

Spent from 9 this morning til 6:30 tonight outside working on my yard and putting up a new pool. The old one exploded and RUINED my landscaping so had LOTS of work to do. Man...WHAT A FLOOD!!!!! Still not done but getting closer. Wasn't very fun as it was around 105 and VERY humid, My kids and grandkids are such troopers. I am sooooooo thankful for their hard work.

Hope to catch you all later. Love ya! flowerforyou

5x10's photo
Sun 07/08/12 07:55 AM
MORNING ALL!!!!
Just dropping on by to see how everyone is doing.
Life is HOT but good in my neck of the woods....hope the same for you.
Take care everyone....love ya and think of you often!
flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25