LearnBeyondBelief's photo
Tue 11/04/14 11:09 PM

how does requiring being 'fruitful' mesh with 'suppressing sex and love'?

love and sex are not the same action,,,

I cant number how many people I have loved, but I can those I have had 'sex' with

it is sad that so many are unable to see the two things seperately,,,,

people write books all the time,, and not every thing in the book reflects their values or quotes them

why should God be different? there is a book of biblical history and of great significance, but it doesnt mean EVERY PART of the book is Gods command or values,,,,

although it would be easier and less debatable if he had just had people write down SPECIFICALLY his words about right and wrong, instead of having them write about the choices that people Mof significance made throughout a period of time when people were more directly communicating with God,,,

Contrary to popular belief, god is not a deity, nor made of any supernatural compounds.

god is a parasite of thought, a neurological disorder, one that hatches from depressed and narcissistic indoctrinators dating back to millenniums of ignorance ago.

A product of our imagination that has manifested itself into the thought-virus called faith.

god is a man made disease.

Of all mans destructive creations, the most dangerous ever constructed, was that in which we programmed into our own minds.

The same mind in which we have committed the most atrocious actions against each other in its name.

Tue 11/04/14 10:19 PM

how does requiring being 'fruitful' mesh with 'suppressing sex and love'?

love and sex are not the same action,,,

I cant number how many people I have loved, but I can those I have had 'sex' with

it is sad that so many are unable to see the two things seperately,,,,

people write books all the time,, and not every thing in the book reflects their values or quotes them

why should God be different? there is a book of biblical history and of great significance, but it doesnt mean EVERY PART of the book is Gods command or values,,,,

although it would be easier and less debatable if he had just had people write down SPECIFICALLY his words about right and wrong, instead of having them write about the choices that people Mof significance made throughout a period of time when people were more directly communicating with God,,,

Calling certain love an abomination is suppressing it. quit defending the psychotic character in the bible, the Stockholm Syndrome is strong in you the way you defend your imaginary mental captor with his trigger happy flood finger :)

Tue 11/04/14 10:15 PM

arrogance is displayed when one feels a desire to put down others for having a different 'belief' about what is unknown,,,

whether that someone is a Christian questioning the morality of a non Christian, or an atheist questioning the intelligence or 'intellectual morality' of a Christian,,,

The height of arrogance is claiming to know with certainty that the planet was created by an admittedly jealous and sexist sky daddy

Would you date anyone who said women should not teach or hold authority over men?

1 timothy 2:12
I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.

Do you date sexists or just worship them if they flood planets?

People are eqwual not ideas. If you dont like your ideas mocked, and you waqnt res[pect for your idea, get some respectable ideas!

christian ideas are nothing but watered down islam ideas!

Tue 11/04/14 10:12 PM

even in science we have no difinitive proof in some cases, so we have faith in science and proceed with our understandings based on theories or the like. Isnt that how we are willing to deceive ourselves in the name of future discovery? future proof?

How is that different from various religious faiths?

Shame on you. Belittling the greatest advancement in the history of mankind, science, and comparing it to the single worst invention in the history of mankind, religion.

Youre right I have faiht the sun is 93 million miles away fromt he earth, I also understand it and would understand it without faith.

I wouldnt however understand it without science :)

NAME ONE GOOD DEED OR ACTION A RELIGIOUS PERSON CAN DO THAT A NON RELIGIOUS PERSON CANT DO, NOTHING!!.

Now name one thing a scientist can do that a non scientist cant, PLENTY.

Exactly, my point. If all it took to understand the universe was some bronze age literature, we wouldnt need scientists :).

Sun 10/26/14 06:46 PM
Edited by LearnBeyondBelief on Sun 10/26/14 06:47 PM

I've even had agnostics and atheists request I pray for them...I wonder why? Could it be because there came a time when they needed more than what science could provide the answers to? I, also, have experienced absolute miracles in my life and in the lives of friends and acquaintances, when science said lives could not be saved definitively, yet because of prayer, they were. I am a good example of that type of miracle and so is my daughter. By the way, I have faith and yet I am an intellectual who has spent many years doing research into religious beliefs and historical data in ancient scripts, so I'm not "a pew-sitter". I also have a moral and ethical code I live by as well as values. They are values I have chosen for myself without having religion dictate what they should be, though some of my values may be found in various religious beliefs.

Its not intellectual to look at the stunningly beautiful magnificence of the universe and conclude a petty bully interested in suppressing sex and love has anything to do with it.

He doesnt suppress love? Interesting, I never thought calling children who want to grow up and find love an abomination was a good way to promote love

You cant cherry pick, either all the bible is the word of god or none of it is :)

Sun 10/19/14 08:31 PM

As a Christian, I must ask other Christians who engage in belittling or attacking the intelligence(general intelligence, that is) or character or morals of an atheist,, if they understand their behavior as no better than the atheists who engage in belittling or attacking the general intelligence or character of morals of a Christian or other religious believer?

beliefs form from a mixture of what we are tought and what we experience and whether one either reinforces or discredits the other

as we wont all have the SAME collection of experience to reinforce or discredit what is formally taught us,, we will believe or not believe

I really don't believe these boards will be a way that an atheist or a believer will ever 'prove' they are right,,,,,

we should (as Christians) be the example, I have brought many more people into at least considering and even admiring Christianity by what I show of my heart and my actions, than I ever have or will by mere chat,,,,,

,,,,just a thoughtflowerforyou

Too bad we cant find evidence for adam and eve, but we find evidence that species evolved.

Looks like you worship a book of lies. Lucky for you, delusional humans number in the billions so youre one of the herd.

Some people do good for a god, some do good because they are nice.

If you have the ability to do good without a god story or a tree around your neck, then why do you only worship the god story and not have a tree around your neck?

Maybe you need a book to be good? Do you need a book to help you wipe your ***, or just to help you stay in line?

Why do you worship the characters in the bible?

1) You spent many hours researching all religious books and decided that a genocidal flood makes the most sense.

2) You were born in a country, state, city, neighborhood, or house that worshiped a human lamb chop on a cross story?

Once you realize you didnt do any research, and its all about where you were born, you should realize how stupid it is to think there is a god that takes our sides in wars :)

Mon 10/13/14 11:24 PM

I can't go through life without knowing if he truly exists or not. I don't care about getting on his good side and I'm willing to upset him if it means he'll show me a sign. Because: "I'd rather have a sure nothing than an uncertain something!"

So I've been trying to come up with ways that'll most certainly provoke him, if he exists that is. Mind you I don't want to get in trouble with the authorities. Any ideas?

Watch religious channels while eating mushrooms. Ive never done it, but Ive heard mushrooms make people hallucinate.

So if youre Not able to hallucinate on your own like a hard core christian can do sober, try the shrooms :)

Mon 10/13/14 10:45 PM

I met an evangalist who quoted scriptures that he says dont allow the act of blood transfusion. I love donating blood amd have done so when a number of times. Is it non biblical to have a blood transfusion?

The misogynistic pigs who wrote the buybull didnt even know the processes behind a rainbow, so to follow anything they say is one of the most embarrassing things on mankinds resume.

Dedicated jehovahs witness will let their child die before getting a blood transfusion.

All because they are inspired by bronze age literature that somehow deluded mankind so much, we even swear on that vile trash.

Put a grown man wearing a dress from behind a pulpit in front of me, and watch the most spectacular display of emasculation, humiliation and recognition of the type of man the future wants to avoid

The urge to attack me will rage within him as the pain of each superior thought process courses through him like a painful virus

Billions may Not be brave enough to face the the most wicked invention in the history of mankind (religion) head on, but unfortunately for such invention, I am

Sun 10/12/14 01:40 AM

I think there as many reasons that people don't/wont/ believe as there are that they do believe.

its necessary to really speak with and observe individuals to try to find a 'reason' behind their reasoning

most atheists I have spoken to have chosen atheism simply because they have no faith and cant/wont believe anything that cant be clearly and tangibly proven to them

and they often have , what I believe to be, misguided views between how a God SHOULD Be and how God is,,,,ie

why would a loving God condemn people to hell or allow children to die,, or allow misery in the world,,,or how could such and such from the bible be true if SCIENCE has proven such and such,,,,,,etc,,,etc,,,etc,,,

"MOST ATHEISTS YOUVE TALKED TOO?

Well Im not only athiest, Im also a-leprechaunist, a-unicornist, a-hobgoblinist etc etc etc

Oh wait, there are are no labels for Not believing in childish nonsense, unless its "holy", then the label atheist is applied.

The Romans called christians atheists for being monotheistic, its a stupid label.

The truth is, we both dont believe in 99.999% of all god stories out there, we are both atheist to all of them,I just went one god further and scored a Perfect 100% :)

look up definition of atheist:a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods

one cant be 99 percent atheist,, either one believes there is God or one does not,,,

its nothing nonsensical about the label atheist, as a is a prefix meaning WITHOUT and theism is belief in God,, thus ATHEISM

like Asexual
or Amoral,,,,etc,,,

we know that there is no documented evidence or claim of there REALLY Being an immortal fat men, or an egg laying bunny

in contrast to the books that have existed for THOUSANDS of years from authors writing from different perspectives about the SAME events,,,

its nothing like the 'nonsense' of the easter bunny or santa clause,,,

Its exactly like santa claus, no evidence. If you had evidence you wouldnt need faith.

I dont have faith in biological change known as evolution, anymore than I have faith 2 + 2 = 4, I UNDERSTAND BOTH BECAUSE OF EVIDENCE

You need faith, because you lack evidence.

The universe is too magnificent to have been created by the character in the buybull, the one that teaches how to treat slaves, Not how to abolish slavery, but how to beat them, but Not to bad that they cant get up after a couple days.

Raise the bar on what we teach our little girls. Poverty doesnt stand a chance if we empower all of our little girls around the world on "How" to think, instead of "what" to think, and inspire in them an appetite for wonder and discovery instead of an appetite for divine flesh and blood:)

Tue 10/07/14 12:10 AM
Edited by LearnBeyondBelief on Tue 10/07/14 12:14 AM

I think there as many reasons that people don't/wont/ believe as there are that they do believe.

its necessary to really speak with and observe individuals to try to find a 'reason' behind their reasoning

most atheists I have spoken to have chosen atheism simply because they have no faith and cant/wont believe anything that cant be clearly and tangibly proven to them

and they often have , what I believe to be, misguided views between how a God SHOULD Be and how God is,,,,ie

why would a loving God condemn people to hell or allow children to die,, or allow misery in the world,,,or how could such and such from the bible be true if SCIENCE has proven such and such,,,,,,etc,,,etc,,,etc,,,

"MOST ATHEISTS YOUVE TALKED TOO?

Well Im not only athiest, Im also a-leprechaunist, a-unicornist, a-hobgoblinist etc etc etc

Oh wait, there are are no labels for Not believing in childish nonsense, unless its "holy", then the label atheist is applied.

The Romans called christians atheists for being monotheistic, its a stupid label.

The truth is, we both dont believe in 99.999% of all god stories out there, we are both atheist to all of them,I just went one god further and scored a Perfect 100% :)

Mon 10/06/14 11:45 PM
What you fail to realize, is right in front of you. Imagine if you will a very painful fact.

Without our current 21st century understandings of biological changes in species, known as evolution, nothing in biology makes any sense. Let me repeat that, there is no biology without evolution.

Scientists get paid to refute the facts of any theory. No scientist has cashed a check refuting the facts of evolution in over 150 yrs since it was first suggested by Darwin.

What we know today Darwin would be amazed and in awe.

Its game over, adam and eve story of creation has been thoroughly refuted.

There are millions of scientific papers that show factual basis for evolution, and not one refuting it.

Either every scientist ever to live in the last 150yrs said:

"I could refute evolution and disprove all the facts in a scientific paper, but I have been sworn to secrecy under rules of our conspiracy to never cash the huge check for disproving it"

OR

The genesis account in the holy binky has been refuted!