Community > Posts By > DadCat

DadCat's photo
Thu 02/26/15 05:16 PM
Black Rock City, Nevada is my favorite beach.

No sharks. No cold water. Actually NO water.

Plenty of sun. And lots of entertainment.

http://galleries.burningman.org/pages/view.php?ref=46508

FYI: playa is Spanish for beach!

DadCat's photo
Thu 02/26/15 12:28 PM
There is an understandable frustration expressed by the OP.

However, the premise of the question is sexist in nature.

I appreciate that 4sure has pointed out the degeneration and slippery slope of making this into a man v. woman discussion. This behavior is done by both sexes. I know that the women are much more likely to experience this however I ask that we do not allow that to become the basis for a sexist discussion.

I look at the profiles of anyone I write a letter to. And yes, I'm old fashioned in calling it a letter. I read Miss. Manners for years and believe in Etiquette when doing any correspondence.

That is who I am and that is why a woman will respond to me when I write to her. It is because I have written her a letter not a "zup baba?". I can see how some here would become cynical. That suggests that they degenerated themselves to join the 'zup' crowd. I would encourage you all to reconsider. Even those that have gone so far as to post an agreement for signature and date to control the relationship, I see hopelessness. Damn the lawyers!

And I have read all the profiles of those I see post here in te forums as I read them. I do this to gain context into the words you write. I see that some of you have done the same. Thank you for that.

bye now...

DadCat's photo
Thu 02/26/15 12:46 AM
Edited by DadCat on Thu 02/26/15 12:48 AM

watching the sunrise
another day of living
reading the posts here about the happiness of others
paying it forward
calling my mom
getting a genuine response from someone on mingle laugh
saving someone's life
looking at the collage of pictures of my child on the wall
receiving a hug
giving a hug
receiving a hug from mingle when I needed one
watching my child sleep
attending Burning Man
fire
meeting an old friend
meeting a new friend
a good red wine and some blue cheese and dark chocolate
a sign that we're winning the peace on war
being loved
giving love
watching the sunset

--
to be continued

bye now...

DadCat's photo
Wed 02/25/15 11:24 PM

Goodluck, I'm in the same position as you, I want to settle down with a man of my dreams

I know you will find someone Debbie. I see your words in forums, read your profile and believe you will find what you are looking for. If not for these big rocks and that deep pond between us... well... let's just say you are a fine woman deserving of a good man.

Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)

bye now...

p.s. I love the photos. Very nice quality and content.

DadCat's photo
Wed 02/25/15 01:07 PM

Very good response Wonder Woman.laugh

Lot's of expectations when you just join this site.

Not sure what that ^ is ?

and pananoia shocked too!!!

p.s. Thank you (((Debby))). Back at you!

DadCat's photo
Wed 02/25/15 02:11 AM
Edited by DadCat on Wed 02/25/15 02:12 AM
afraid...again....

Good for you Astrid:smile:

bye now...

DadCat's photo
Tue 02/24/15 06:48 PM

Yeah, I once saw Kiefer Sutherland ... Didn't expect to find him on a dating-site laugh

I was matched with Camilla Belle lol

DadCat's photo
Tue 02/24/15 09:31 AM
Gong Hey fat Choy!

Sun Yeen Fai Lok!

My Chinese name is Go Bah Bah. I'm a pig.

My child is Go Gee Ming.

Our family is very involved in the Chinese culture in San Francisco.

We participate in a performing arts group. Last week we performed for the Flower Festival (14/02/2015). It a street fair held just before the holiday to buy flowers, food and decorations for the house. And of course money envelopes for the children (liseng). This is where you give new uncirculated money to bring luck to both the giver and receiver.

Here's our website: http://www.sfcpap.org/

On March 7, we will perform for the SF Chinese New Years Parade. The school is West Portal. The have drums, ribbon dancers, fan dancers, lion dancers, and stilts. I work to support the stilts group. We get to be on TV!

bye now...

p.s. It's is called Tet for the Vietnamese community.

DadCat's photo
Tue 02/24/15 08:50 AM
I pray for you and your mother Maria.

DadCat's photo
Tue 02/24/15 01:42 AM

Trust is the basis for any relationship.

I suggest anyone wanting to understand this concept search the internet for:

"Building the Child"

If you are going to start a relationship with someone there is always a risk and excitement, this is why trust and lust are connected. At least for women, men are not really that way..

This statement is sexist as it makes an attempt to assign behavior to one gender or the other without offering any substance or supporting reasoning. It is not valid. It is a belief that should be discarded.

DadCat's photo
Mon 02/23/15 10:10 PM
Because my child had a disappointing weekend when his friends flaked on coming over. Really makes you feel helpless when you can't fix your child's problems...

And here are some hugs for those I see currently in need:

(((sea))) (((JP))) (((maria))) (((4sure))) (((RCB))) (((Debbie))) (((mom333)))

and for those in love for their inspiration:

(((m3k4y))) (((mikey5360)))

and just because:

(((MMaxx))) (((CP))) (((pink)))

And for the rest of you here that may need but won't say:

(((hugs anonymous))) (((messi)))

and for those that have disappeared from this place but still leave behind some wonderful words of support and wisdom:

(((storm))) (((graywolf)))

bye now...

DadCat's photo
Mon 02/23/15 12:34 AM

I have cried at many movies including many mentioned here. Thank you to all of you for reminding me. The Sixth Sense is one that did it for me.

The recent movie that got me was 'Selma'.

In the opening scene is a re-enactment of the 1963 Birmingham Church Bombing. I knew what was coming and was rigid in my seat knowing those 4 young girls were going to die. I actually reverberated in my seat when the bomb went off. It was truly a horrible and shameful part of our history. They really humanized it for me and that made all the more emotional for me.

DadCat's photo
Sun 02/22/15 11:23 PM
We all have our desires and needs. His desire should be taken at face value. Perhaps there is a genuine desire to experience a woman with maturity that is lacking in younger women he has met.

Aretha said it best: R E S P E C T

bye now...

DadCat's photo
Sun 02/22/15 03:33 PM
It also clear that when I receive a mutual match the woman is not the one to take the initiative even though she has clearly received an email telling her so. A clear sign that she expects to be perused rather that engage in a mutually beneficial conversation.

Soo sad.

DadCat's photo
Sun 02/22/15 03:29 PM

Nearly every chick leaves their info blank and under about me they just say "hi". 98.7% of them never respond then almost every time I see that I'm messaged or matched with some one I get online and their account is deactivated then most don't ever appear to ever log in.

I believe that Mingle would do well to deactivate or at least not attempt to match profiles that have been inactive for an extended period of time. I have wasted so much time with the mutual match
system only to realize most of the matches are bogus attempts to keep me hooked on the site and keep the advertising dollars rolling.

It is here in the forums that I can meet the people of this community who are really participating and making an effort.

It's amusing how many of the females on this site that I have come across have seemingly unrealistic requirements like a knight in shining armor or "the one" and he has to have all these ridged specifications about himself before she will respond to you.

Perhaps you are experiencing the new world 'order' in which we believe we can have anything online shipped to us with free shipping.

I don't know where I heard it a long time ago but I am reminded by your post. These women are "Looking for a custom fit in an off the shelf world".

They will realize that someday. Perhaps everyone will come to understand the wisdom in those words.

Good Luck.

bye now...

DadCat's photo
Sun 02/22/15 08:18 AM

My friend asked me to post on here a question she would love to know the answer to.

She asked,

Why do really ugly men even think they have a chance with a beautiful woman? She always says, you must be mental to even think you stood a chance.

Personally I find this cruel. But I told her I would ask, so here goes.

PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IS NOT MY QUESTION, ITS A FRIENDS

Debbie:

I have read all the replies you received to your question so far.

What appears to be missing in most is a sense of empathy and sadness that your cousin has been taught this rather perverted view of men and relationships. I am truly sorry that she has never been shown a real way of building a loving and trusting relationship is more than just a product of physical appearance.

I will not raise my child to buy into this superficial behavior. I wish her parents had done more.

DadCat's photo
Sat 02/21/15 10:34 PM

Welcome!

DadCat's photo
Sat 02/21/15 08:48 PM
This discussion appears to have digressed into a man vs. woman discussion.

I would agree that as a whole, the USA has made child rearing a choice and provided limited support to encourage child birth. I do not agree that there is an unequal support for a female vs. a male parent.

DadCat's photo
Sat 02/21/15 08:38 PM

no regret having them, I do sometimes regret who I had my daughter WITH though,,,, poor choice for a father,,,,

and all children, to me, deserve their mother and fathers love and foundation,,,,

I would never change anything about how my life has been affected by having a child. The mother has serious problems which keeps her from enjoying a full relationship with our child. I cannot regret her. This statement still sounds like regret.

I am challenged by this belief. I believe that your attitude towards the other parent affects how you view them.

DadCat's photo
Sat 02/21/15 08:29 PM
My beautiful child was very much into Minecraft for a couple of years.

Spent a small pile of $$$.

Now has very little interest and would rather play TF2 or with PS4 games.

As Dodo_David says...