DigitalBlasphemy's photo
Sun 03/22/09 11:15 AM

It might be because of your height. Me...personally...I have a hard time dating anyone that is taller than me. I'm 5'10. Granted...I know most guys are taller than me or 6'0. And I'm not discriminating against tall girls, or trying to come off as shallow.

Awesome profile btw! And you ARE a knockout. Don't force it or rush into anything. I'm sure you'll find a great guy.

I also agree with everybody encouraging you to participate in the forums. I have met some really wonderful people on here through the forums.

happy flowerforyou happy
Your missin out babe!

I agree, I am very much attracted to tall women = > 5'9. I've always been strongly attracted to red heads too. I have a lot of family down in AR maybe I should visit. :-p

DigitalBlasphemy's photo
Sun 03/22/09 11:13 AM

I can't get a date, whether on here or in real life. I'm starting to get really frustrated.

Can anyone give me some advice?

Move to Iowa because I don't do well with long distance relationships. :-p

DigitalBlasphemy's photo
Sat 03/21/09 09:28 PM
Edited by DigitalBlasphemy on Sat 03/21/09 09:35 PM
Actually for those who didn't know about it last June my hometown suffered historic flooding. 24,000 people in my city of 160,000 were evacuated. To this day, 9 months later, you can drive down some neighborhoods and it feels like a ghost town. Dozens of empty houses, debris everywhere.

"Cedar Rapids is experiencing the worst flooding in the city’s history. And the water is still rising. By Thursday afternoon, the Cedar River was about 29 feet deep, or 17 feet above flood stage, according to the National Weather Service. The water was expected to rise another three feet by Friday morning, and reach a record crest, 12 feet higher than the previous record, set in 1851."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxq8BbtOxSo

DigitalBlasphemy's photo
Sat 03/21/09 09:23 PM
Edited by DigitalBlasphemy on Sat 03/21/09 09:29 PM

yes...........it was GORGEOUS out today!!!!!!!

CR huh????? I believe Im 35miles from there!! was your area affected by the big flood '08?????? That was HORRIBLE!!! our town was, and is still trying to recover from some of it!!!!!

Yeah CR was hit...just a tad. I think we are up to over 8500 homes destroyed or severely damaged? Damage is in the billions. Luckily I live in the next town over and live about 50 yards from the highest point in Linn County. I was safe. The flood really killed summer. We better have one hell of a Freedom Festival and BBQ round up this year!

DigitalBlasphemy's photo
Sat 03/21/09 09:15 PM

WELCOME!!!!waving

also from IOWA!!!:banana:

Wow so I'm not alone! Don't know where you are, but here in CR we had awesome weather today. I was hungover so I spent most the day inside... :-( But if tomorrow is a repeat I am definitely hitting the trails!

DigitalBlasphemy's photo
Sat 03/21/09 09:07 PM

WELCOME ABOARD.. I GREW UP IN IOWA "AVOCA" HAVENT BEEN BACK IN 10 YEARS BUT IM GOING BACK NEXT WEEK.. STILL SNOW ON THE GROUND?

Nope! Been gone for a couple weeks. It was 74 last Tuesday and been in the upper 50's all week.

DigitalBlasphemy's photo
Sat 03/21/09 07:51 PM
New to the site, how is everyone elses weekend going?

DigitalBlasphemy's photo
Sat 03/21/09 05:48 PM
Edited by DigitalBlasphemy on Sat 03/21/09 05:49 PM
Thanks.

DigitalBlasphemy's photo
Sat 03/21/09 02:52 PM

how do you seek solace?

If the believers have their gods, and use him/her/it for comfort in times of stress (deaths, marriages, divorce, etc) how do you deal with it.

I personally go to work.
I am lucky that my work forces me to relax and concentrate on my slow breathing rate.

This forces my blood pressure down and I come out from a day at work chilled and ready to logically deal with things.

I have only ever been addicted to caffeine - I dislike feeling drunk or stoned, so that has never been an issue, and I dont go a bundle of chocolate.
So I dont think I have an addictive personality to use alcohol or drugs. But I know some people who have.

I get stoned or drunk. I don't like the aftermath of one two many pints but it's legal. I prefer to get high/stoned but alas it's illegal. I humorously believe that religious folks keep me from my preferred method of stress reduction as to limit my options and hope I will come to their flock.

DigitalBlasphemy's photo
Sat 03/21/09 02:49 PM

I live in "Mormon Country" Utah. I was raised LDS and so I do understand their perspective. They believe with their whole hearts, well, at least some of them do, that their faith is right and proper. Not only that, but when you have "the one and only true church" rammed down your throat every Sunday you really start to believe it. They're not there to annoy you and as corny as it sounds they just want to "save" you. I've come to realize that most people don't believe in their faiths because they think it's the best thing in the world, it's mostly that they're afraid to not believe. Hell is pretty big deterrent for millions. I used to be one of them.

It's a certain level of apathy I suppose, I don't care if they believe what they do, for some people, religion is a really good thing, it's how they stay together, and their faith in their God is what gives them strength. There was a time I thought I would be a jerk and come up with retorts or try to convince them why they were "wrong", but honestly, who am I to say what is right?

I'm cool with religion, I just don't want it in my life, nor do I want to talk to them about it or why I've chosen my life as it is. My general trick is to wave at the missionaries. They see me go home and because I'm being friendly I think they assume I'm already a member. Either way, they never knock on my door. I did have Relief Society come to my door once, but I told them I wasn't a member and I'd prefer them to not come back, and I haven't seen them since. Unless they're being rude people are people, I don't have a reason to be rude either. I don't believe in Christ the demi-God, but I do believe the man existed, and I think he had it right in love for everyone. We, the missionaries and I, may not see eye to eye, but I've got no hate for them, also knowing they have no hate for me.

Just some thoughts.

I think the biggest problem with religion is that each one thinks its is the "one true" one. Like you, I have no hate for anyone based upon their religious preference.

DigitalBlasphemy's photo
Sat 03/21/09 02:41 PM

WOW :heart:

Too bad I am sad, poor and don't care about anything and if only I didn't smoke....We would be soooo perfect love

I'll take that WOW as a 9 or 10? :-p

Poor is fine, I just rather not date someone who's pre-occupied with paying off large amounts of debt. I think it's sexy when a woman can balance their own checkbook/budget. :-p Now the smoking thing...that I can't bend on. I cannot stand the smell of cigarette smoke or the taste of a smokers lips.

DigitalBlasphemy's photo
Sat 03/21/09 02:36 PM

Ummm thanks but I was kinda hoping to have that effect on the opposite sex.

smokin But I believe in gender roles. You can be the woman. :tongue:

Note I said traditional gender roles. :-)

DigitalBlasphemy's photo
Sat 03/21/09 02:24 PM
Ummm thanks but I was kinda hoping to have that effect on the opposite sex.

DigitalBlasphemy's photo
Sat 03/21/09 01:28 PM
However I really do want to hear what others think of my profile. What works and what doesn't for you and why? Or on a scale of 1 to 10, ten being "OMG what's your address I need you NOW!" and 1 being "Eh...you should invest in some lube and tissues cause your going to be single for a long time." how would you rate it?

DigitalBlasphemy's photo
Fri 03/20/09 01:17 PM
Smodcast Episode: 80