Community > Posts By > sillymom

sillymom's photo
Wed 02/25/15 01:46 PM
I signed up for the paid version of this account still thinking it was linked to the UU singles dating. I paid for a six month membership just less than an hour ago and now realize I joined the wrong group. Is there any way I can cancel that membership and get my money back?

sillymom's photo
Wed 02/25/15 12:02 PM
This was my experience, too, after my husband died two years ago. I belonged to an on-line grief group called "grief beyond belief," and one member posted an answer to the "he/she's watching over you bs. The answer is, "well, if that's true, how will s/he feel when I find someone new and s/he sees me making love to that person."
I tend to just say to such people that their belief may comfort them, but I don't believe their premise and one cannot make oneself believe.

sillymom's photo
Tue 02/24/15 09:35 AM
I guess this is where I'm supposed to introduce myself. My site name is sillymom2. I'm 74 years old and have never been ashamed to tell anyone my age. It's been only two years since my husband died. He was a wonderful husband, friend, companion and life mate. I still miss him, but feel I am ready to start building a new life for myself. Strongly liberal both socially and politically, I belong to and am active in the UU church not for the religion, but for the work they do. One can do more to help with a group than one can do alone. Along with my politics and social action, music and the performing arts are very important to me. I subscribe to the New Jersey Symphony, would go into NYC for the opera if it were logistically and financially feasible (which it isn't), go to local theater performances with friends when there is an offering that interests me, and when the weather is passable and I can manage the cost, go into NYC by bus with a friend (or by myself) to see a play or show there. I am extremely fortunate to have many wonderful, supportive and fun to be with friends. I also have a great, loving & affectionate Chihuahua/Dachshund mix dog which I bought for emotional support after my husband died. Guess that's all the important information about be as a starter. There are a couple of other things I might share after I feel more comfortable here. Thank you for your invitation and guidelines. I don't know where I'm supposed to post a photo or how, so I'll have to do that later. waving