Community > Posts By > ReggieRimbaud

ReggieRimbaud's photo
Sat 08/01/09 10:23 AM
Hi:

I'm taking some Grant Writing classes and just wondered if anyone else works in this field, or is familiar with it so I can pick your brain.

Tanks for any feedback

Linda

ReggieRimbaud's photo
Fri 07/31/09 02:57 PM
Right now .... usual little carnival stuff tonight ... Parade tomorow at uhh... noon I think, more carnival stuff, then massive fireworks. All the other usual stuff going on all day today and tomorrow.

Hey, you going to any of the Harbor Days festivities in Elk Rapids?

Kayaked the Crystal river Sunday afternoon with daughter, hit the water about 4:30. Practically had the river to ourselves, I was surprised. Nice and easy. Saw a big snapping turtle.

When are they????

ReggieRimbaud's photo
Fri 07/31/09 11:46 AM
Hey, you going to any of the Harbor Days festivities in Elk Rapids?

Kayaked the Crystal river Sunday afternoon with daughter, hit the water about 4:30. Practically had the river to ourselves, I was surprised. Nice and easy. Saw a big snapping turtle.

ReggieRimbaud's photo
Sun 07/12/09 06:59 AM

Went kayaking today on the Boardman River near where the branches meet to make the Boardman. Yesterday spent the day with daughter, went and investigated the Crystal River by Sleeping Bear. Did lunch. Did some geocaching on Monday.

How was the Parade?

ReggieRimbaud's photo
Thu 07/09/09 12:25 PM
So you're on vacation this week? What interesting things did you do?

ReggieRimbaud's photo
Sat 07/04/09 06:12 PM

No way, I had to go look at receipt, 12:05, then coffee.

Ok, I'm confused anyhow about the time. But I was there, I think you saw me and hid so I wouldn't see you!

No way, I sat and read newspaper.

Are you going out to see the fireworks tonight? I pretty much avoid TC for the next week!

ReggieRimbaud's photo
Sat 07/04/09 05:51 PM

No way, I had to go look at receipt, 12:05, then coffee.

Ok, I'm confused anyhow about the time. But I was there, I think you saw me and hid so I wouldn't see you!

ReggieRimbaud's photo
Sat 07/04/09 05:47 PM
Edited by ReggieRimbaud on Sat 07/04/09 05:49 PM

Heading to Borders....................

At 7:30 AM on a Saturday??? Are you crazy ?? I was there at 11 AM, as usual

The time shown is PST, so I posted at 10:30.
must just missed Ya, I even sat and had a coffee.

I actually got there about 10:50 AM, you must have knocked it down and left.

ReggieRimbaud's photo
Sat 07/04/09 05:44 PM
Edited by ReggieRimbaud on Sat 07/04/09 05:45 PM

Heading to Borders....................

At 7:30 AM on a Saturday??? Are you crazy ?? I was there at 11 AM, as usual.

Oh wait a minute... we're 3 hours later... you must have been there about the same time as me ... did you see me? I was at the the round table with a bunch of loud people.

ReggieRimbaud's photo
Wed 07/01/09 04:50 AM
Edited by ReggieRimbaud on Wed 07/01/09 04:50 AM
So what are you doing for the 4th? What's the weather supposed to be? The resort across the street always has guests that set off a ridiculous amount of gigantic fireworks till the police come, so I don't even have to leave home for entertainment. It terrifies my Chihuahuas tho!

I like it here.happy

ReggieRimbaud's photo
Sat 06/27/09 02:59 PM

Hey Regg, nice job on the posting the pic.

You're so much cuter than me! sad

ReggieRimbaud's photo
Fri 06/26/09 02:21 PM

ReggieRimbaud's photo
Tue 06/23/09 03:35 PM

WootWoot.

I actually met someone from Mingle, in TC!!!

Ran in to ReggieRimbaud at Borders.
What a very pleasant experience it was too. She took a picture, maybe she'll post it soon.

She probably would if she had a clue how to ... ok, ok, I'll see if I can figure it out ...

ReggieRimbaud's photo
Tue 06/23/09 06:41 AM

I am in Borders from time to time too, keeping my eyes open.

Oh, you were the one with his eyes open ??? laugh

Am going phone shopping today so will go there (Borders) late this afternoon myself ... I see they are having some kind of sale, like they aren't always having a sale. But this one is SPECTACULAR !!

Look for the middle aged guy, bald, with glasses. I will probably have a hat on too. Oh yeah, some gray in the goatee. (vague description describes half the men in Michigan) laugh

Trust me, if you're male and no wedding ring, I'm probably lookin'. I still think it would be cool if a bunch of us met up there just to gab. I'm there almost every Sat around 11-12 and a weekday afternoon or two about 3-4 PM.

ReggieRimbaud's photo
Tue 06/23/09 04:28 AM
Edited by ReggieRimbaud on Tue 06/23/09 04:29 AM

I am in Borders from time to time too, keeping my eyes open.

Oh, you were the one with his eyes open ??? laugh

Am going phone shopping today so will go there (Borders) late this afternoon myself ... I see they are having some kind of sale, like they aren't always having a sale. But this one is SPECTACULAR !!

ReggieRimbaud's photo
Mon 06/22/09 05:11 PM

I think you need to love yourself before anyone else can love you

I don't even know how you "love yourself". It's ridiculous. I have no particular feelings towards myself, one way or another. I just am.

ReggieRimbaud's photo
Mon 06/22/09 04:10 PM
I'm at Borders a couple times a week and I don't see many 20-somethings there, mostly middle-aged and older. Maybe you haven't been there in a while.

Do T.C. singles meet at the bookstores, coffeehouses anywhere like that in town? This is for the lady who says she is "new" to T.C. It depends on your age. Can't tell that by your photo. Twenty-somethings seem to gravitate to the bookstores and coffeehouses from what I can tell. The 30-ups seem to pick the coffeeshops and Little Bo's on Front st (which is smoke-free!) Of course this is just my opinion from what I have seen in the last 6 yrs since I returned to Mich. There were 1 or 2 "Singles" clubs, but they do not always advertise their name/events or how to contact them. They seem to move their "meeting places" from restaurant/bar to wherever each month. Sorry I have forgotten both club names as this was 3 yrs. ago. At the time it seemed to me they were a bit clicky, but each person must decide what works for them. Good luck!!

ReggieRimbaud's photo
Thu 06/11/09 07:36 AM

Traverse City is my adopted home. I've been here for more than twenty years and plan on staying. I couldn't imagine living anywhere else.
WHAT ABOUT FUNNYVILLE.......??????????????

Funnyville is only in your head ... remember? Now take your meds and go back to sleep!

ReggieRimbaud's photo
Thu 06/11/09 07:35 AM

Traverse City is my adopted home. I've been here for more than twenty years and plan on staying. I couldn't imagine living anywhere else.

I think I could imagine living somewhere else .. especially about Feb. waving

ReggieRimbaud's photo
Thu 05/14/09 07:31 AM
Saw Star Trek last night. It was awesome!

Previous 1