Community > Posts By > Tsavorite

Tsavorite's photo
Wed 04/22/09 10:23 PM
To_cool_4_school has a decent grasp on metal genres. I'm slightly less frustrated.

Tsavorite's photo
Wed 04/22/09 10:17 PM
Horna, good.
Behexen, mediocre.

Tsavorite's photo
Tue 04/14/09 12:18 PM
My apologies if I seem belligerent, but I am not the kind of person that is satisfied with contradictory evidence...

Tsavorite's photo
Tue 04/14/09 12:13 PM
The Taliban only sees a small fraction of the income created by the Opium production. Countries seeing the heroin end of the production are getting a lot more benefit from it. Also, did ANYONE actually read the original post? The Taliban tried to eradicate opium production. When they failed, they attempted to fine, tax, punish, confiscate, and otherwise discourage production. Since the war in Afghanistan began, opium production has INCREASED. Since the Taliban's reign has begun to suffer, opium production has INCREASED. In spite of the online news articles, the production evidence is pointing in the opposite direction. Explain, please.

Tsavorite's photo
Tue 04/14/09 11:36 AM
Thank you, Winx. That was very helpful.

Tsavorite's photo
Tue 04/14/09 11:24 AM
It is appreciated, MirrorMirror, but what do you think? Those weren't rhetorical questions...

Tsavorite's photo
Tue 04/14/09 10:06 AM
"It was interesting and I was wanting to keep your thread alive.
Loooong time ago, I smoked opium and I preferred it over Mj."

Really?
I don't like opium, at least not in the forms I've had it.
But, then, I've never enjoyed being high for pleasure.

And, no, it is not a test.
I'm simply wondering if it's a valid connection to make. Is it economically valid to start a war over opium production? I understand that drugs drive a large portion of the world economy, but it seems as though this would have been brought to our attention before now, if that were the case...

Tsavorite's photo
Tue 04/14/09 10:01 AM
A Mind Confused
Gehenna
A Season in Hell
Dylath-Leen
Black Like Vengeance
**** the Facts
Human Ground
Izegrim

Tsavorite's photo
Tue 04/14/09 09:59 AM
Does anyone out there know any good black metal?
I like (V.E.G.A), 1349, 3, Miasthenia, Drudkh, Astarte, Abyssic Hate, Aska, **** Off and Die, Lloth, Dimhymn, Aardia, Warwulf, Nortt, Obscura Nox Hibernis, Hypothermia, Aetherius Obscuritas, Durthang, Aasgard, Glorior Belli... I'll think of more later

Tsavorite's photo
Tue 04/14/09 09:43 AM
Firelake - Marooned

Tsavorite's photo
Tue 04/14/09 09:42 AM
No, I don't think that Opium will make Marijuana obsolete. Opium has far less pleasant side effects than marijuana, and it is more difficult to procure.

You missed the suspicious relationship between opium production, the Taliban, and the war in Afghanistan. Try again.

Tsavorite's photo
Tue 04/14/09 09:38 AM
Distimia is great for road trips, just because it's hilarious to see the confused people in the surrounding cars attempting to follow the basslines. Endless entertainment. However, I tend to speed when listening to Distimia.

Chop Chop is nice for road trips, too. It might put you in a bit of a trance, though. Note that Chop Chop is not to be attempted without decent subs. Especially not their song Cockrot.

Forgotten Tomb are a whole new mindset on road trips, but you'll die if you're in the car by yourself.

If anyone out there actually listens to any of the three I just mentioned, please let me know. You're one in several hundred million.

Tsavorite's photo
Tue 04/14/09 09:25 AM
Terrorbunny - Last Word

Tsavorite's photo
Tue 04/14/09 09:20 AM
How can a beautiful woman not inspire philosophical thought?
After all, what is beauty?
To me, it is fascination... Enthrallment.
What is it, to you?
And is vampirism beautiful? Is living off of others' lives beautiful? Is it not just a more physical and spiritual interpretation of what so many of us do on a daily basis? Do we not take from others? Do we not need others to survive? We are very social creatures. Is that why some feel such a desire to feed from others?
A desire to express a need for love and life and satisfaction. The ultimate human cravings being concentrated and objectified in one fantastical obsession... And we wonder why so many have been absorbed by the phenomenon that is vampirism.

Tsavorite's photo
Tue 04/14/09 09:08 AM
And I quote, from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opium... "Global regulation of opium began with the stigmatization of Chinese immigrants and opium dens,[where?] leading rapidly from town ordinances in the 1870s to the formation of the International Opium Commission in 1909. During this period, the portrayal of opium in literature became squalid and violent, British opium trade was largely supplanted by domestic Chinese production, purified morphine and heroin became widely available for injection, and patent medicines containing opiates reached a peak of popularity. Opium was prohibited in many countries during the early twentieth century, leading to the modern pattern of opium production as a precursor for illegal recreational drugs or tightly regulated legal prescription drugs. Illicit opium production, now dominated by Afghanistan, was decimated in 2000 when production was banned by the Taliban, but has increased steadily since the fall of the Taliban in 2001 and over the course of the War in Afghanistan[1][2]. Worldwide production in 2006 was 6610 metric tonnes[3] - nearly one-fifth the level of production in 1906. Opium for illegal use is often converted into heroin, which multiplies its potency to approximately twice that of morphine, can be taken by intravenous injection, and is easier to smuggle.[citation needed]"

Does something seem suspicious about that paragraph, to you?

Tsavorite's photo
Tue 04/14/09 09:00 AM
Alltid - Aldrig - Lifelover