Community > Posts By > LSBellamy

LSBellamy's photo
Tue 06/04/13 02:28 PM
I suppose, in order to get a reasonable argument on the whole "online dating" topic, I should go with my own experiences since I started.

Sadly, Mingle2.com is NOT my only dating site. I've been on quite a few, including the usual social media such as Facebook and the like. Since I started, however, I've found NOTHING but players and what I like to call "window shoppers." They only browse around on profiles and take peeks, not really committed to finding someone as I am. When I do get in contact with them, there is always some lame, illogical excuse as to why they are not interested. Either I am too short, too black, not rich enough, and the list goes on.

So, as most of you can imagine, my experience in the online dating scene has been nothing short of catastrophic.

Yes, my profile is still on these sites and I'm still giving them chance. The reason is simple, though. I don't want to allow my bad experiences to deter me from finding someone. Even though I am still to this moment getting horrible responses and absolutely nothing from the dating scene, I am still hopeful.

LSBellamy's photo
Wed 02/27/13 12:31 PM
Thank you all for your input on this topic, and I will post more in future sometime.

@mikaxel80: It's an issue to some, including myself because I tend to date inter-racially. I wanted to know other people's stances on the matter, and quite honestly I am surprised by the results.

LSBellamy's photo
Tue 02/26/13 04:59 AM
Hello, everyone! It's been a long time for me posting on here, but I am going to give it my best shot here with what's on my mind.

The topic on my brain is interracial relationships. More specifically, I want to know how most people feel on the subject, and here's my feeling.

I personally feel that interracial dating isn't a problem. In fact, I believe more interracial relationships last than traditional relationships. It's just in the way another person views another from another race. I feel that more and more people are beginning to look at interracial relationships as the norm rather than taboo.

However, there are a lot of people that view interracial dating as an abomination akin to that of adultery. People honestly believe that dating outside your race is not only disgusting, but it's immoral.

I want to know what you guys out there in the dating world think. What is your take on dating outside of your race?

LSBellamy's photo
Thu 03/04/10 08:48 AM
Hey. This is actually my first post on Mingle! YAHOO!

Okay. Time to be serious and contain myself. Now, here's the stance that needs more people on it: Game-playing and the need of a lack of it.

I myself am a person who doesn't like the "usual" dating game. If I like you, I tell you. I hate having to study male and female psychology just to try and find the right person for me. Moreover, I hate having to go out of my way to try and stand out. If I like you, I'll tell you and hopefully learn more about you. If I don't, I simply don't say anything to you and let you live your life. If I want a relationship from you, I'll tell you. If not, well, read above.

Is anyone with me on this, or am I just a freak of nature?

LSBellamy's photo
Thu 03/04/10 08:37 AM
I can totally understand where she's coming from, and honestly, I'm in the same boat. I would love someone in my life who gets me and understands just what I'm going through, but unfortunately in my locale, people just seem to be about what they can get for them, not about the heart or the important matters of it.

To you, Silver, I can say this: Find what makes you happy first. When you do, ultimately, you'll find that one person that will make you happy. Things tend to fall in place when you try to make it for yourself.

What I will also say to couple that is DON'T COMPROMISE OR PLAY GAMES EITHER!! Do what makes you happy, but don't dance around a subject when the direct approach is best. I myself am a blunt person and will tell someone whether or not I like them or not. You don't have to be mean about it, but be stern. There is a difference.