Community > Posts By > LTme

LTme's photo
Tue 05/26/15 10:17 AM
U.S. NATIONAL DEBT CLOCK

The Outstanding Public Debt as of 23 May 2015 at 08:28:11 PM GMT is:
$ 1 8 , 1 5 6 , 5 7 2 , 6 3 3 , 1 4 9 . 2 7

The estimated population of the United States is 320,641,619
so each citizen's share of this debt is $56,625.75.

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

Various quotations on deficit spending:
"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt." John Adams

"What's pernicious about deficits for conservatives is this. It makes big government cheap. What we're doing, we're turning to the country, the "conservative" administration turns to the country and says: We're going to give you a dollar's worth of government, we're going to charge you seventy five cents for it. And we're going to let your kids pay the other quarter." George Will Nov 30, 2003

What do you think?
Is it time we began to pay the grandkids back, for the $Trillions we've already taken from them?

[I hope you don't think this topic is "#2", even though it is!] :wink:

LTme's photo
Tue 05/26/15 10:05 AM
Hello alleoops.
Thanks for introducing this topic.

This will be my first post in this forum. Please let me know if I've strayed.
It's time to give Israel the means to take out Iranian nukes

a) What nukes?
I thought the whole point about the multi-lateral talks with Iran; talks that include the U.S., China, Russia, France, etc., was to prevent Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons.

b) The ostensible liberal (but in any case Democrat) Obama favors these talks.
One of the most conservative Republicans running for president in 2016, a "tea party" Republican, Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) is in favor of these talks. This is what Senator Paul had to say on this specific issue:
"Diplomacy is better than war. We should give diplomacy a chance." Senator Rand Paul (R-KY)

Seems to me most of those that oppose Obama on this are the hyper-partisan Republicans that oppose Obama on nearly everything.
“The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president” Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY)

http://www.mediaite.com/online/white-house-appears-to-want-to-shame-the-shameless-mitch-mcconnell-and-company/

What adult American doesn't recognize how obstructionist Republicans are toward our twice elected president?

How was that for a first post?

1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 19 Next