Community > Posts By > The_Hat

The_Hat's photo
Wed 08/26/15 04:30 PM
I'm from Saskatoon.

The_Hat's photo
Mon 08/17/15 02:06 PM
Edited by The_Hat on Mon 08/17/15 02:09 PM
So, last May, I went out and used all that money I saved up to buy myself a new desktop to replace my old semi-functional dinosaur of a laptop. It was long overdue, as my laptop was from way back (2006) and I might've been tempting fate by attempting another year on the thing...

Anyway, all was reasonably well until today. I turned my CPU on this afternoon and discovered that my computer had no sound, neither with headphones or via my flatscreen's admittedly weak speakers. Just a red "x" visible where I would usually manipulate the sound in the lower right hand corner. Clicking this brought up a delightful message informing me that my peripheral was not plugged in.

Now I should elaborate that it is not my TV (my PS4 producing all the expected noises on screen when hooked to the same TV), and my headphones are not at fault either. Headphones were completely connected.

A virus scan uncovered nothing of much relevance, and I agonized around this for quite some time before finding a way to access my list of drivers. I could be mistaken (because my tech capabilities are admittedly lacking), but it appeared that I suddenly had no audio driver.

I went to the Dell site to download new drivers, and after getting all the way to the end of the download, it very politely informed me that the download failed.

I was all like, wtf, but right as I was ready to throw my hands up and haul my damn Dell out the window nearest me, I tried plugging my headphone directly into the jack located on the computer itself...and found it actually worked!! Nevertheless, audio still does not come from my TV, but only when the jack is directly connected to the computer itself, and I am at an utter loss as to explain why.

Does anyone know what could be the problem here?

The_Hat's photo
Wed 07/15/15 12:26 AM
Game of the Year, most likely. That is, unless the upcoming Assassin's Creed title can mount some kind of an offensive. Of course, given last year's debacle, my enthusiasm for the AC franchise is kind of stunted (I'm looking at you, Unity).

The_Hat's photo
Wed 07/15/15 12:18 AM
I am thinking about embarking upon an around the world voyage to mate goat with pig.

The_Hat's photo
Wed 07/15/15 12:13 AM
Edited by The_Hat on Wed 07/15/15 12:14 AM
Spiders. Even dead. Today I found that one of my roommates had just squashed a mammoth spider...in the dryer door.

The_Hat's photo
Sun 06/07/15 03:39 AM
Was just hit with a crossbodyblock from depression recently, like this week, partly stemming from my shyte luck in speed dating, partly attributable to my receding hairline, and partly attributable to more personal things I cannot relate. It's disappointing because this summer is supposed to be the summer I rise above this for a few months and really make things happen...

The_Hat's photo
Sun 06/07/15 03:32 AM
Even though I don't physically follow wrestling these days, I still categorize myself as a wrestling fan (and probably always will...). Definitely more of a TNA fan, however, yet if you want to get into more specifics, I have a pronounced preference for indy wrestling (ROH, etc.) and international wrestling (New Japan, All Japan, NOAH and others).

The_Hat's photo
Sun 06/07/15 03:24 AM
My lack of an online photo. Women notice this, and seeing this, are immediately curious to learn more about a guy whose charming good looks are so intense so as to immediately overload all capture devices with the sheer magnificence of my magnificent smile!

Either that, or I'm so repugnant that I'm actually permanently traumatizing my friends' cameras with that huge unsightly mole overlapping my right eyeball, who I have affectionately taken to calling Fred.

Kidding aside, I believe it must be my affability, my ability to downplay negative situations with positive reinforcements and my ability to make almost anyone I meet laugh via my irreverent humor during a first meeting that serve as some of my most attractive qualities.