Community > Posts By > cinann

no photo
Wed 05/20/09 10:59 AM
Thanks and hello too.
I think there are lots of good people out there but we stay at home being responsible for the ones we care about, doing our jobs well, taking care of our homes. Don't feel bad because you are a good person. Don't let someone push you into something you don't want to do. The "sex on the first date" is crazy. I got a lecture on "living in the real world" when I said no on a date. It made me realize that I had to look in the mirror and be strong in my convictions. I know I would appreciate that in someone I meet so there must be someone out there who feels the same.

no photo
Wed 05/20/09 10:45 AM
Hello,
Where I live, smoking would be the deal killer. And...who wants to be Barbie? I haven't met any Ken's lately. I think we are too hard on ourselves. Everyone has something that would be a "deal killer" for someone else. I think that if I am meant to be with someone else it will happen. If not, I hit the lottery once with the husband I had, so that's pretty good! (He passed away in 2002).

no photo
Wed 05/13/09 05:05 PM
Hello,
I wish you a happy day tomorrow. One full of good memories!
Indulge! Have some ice cream or whatever you love!

no photo
Tue 05/12/09 02:23 PM
This is a very diverse group of people. Before I said anything, I read every posting that was here. It showed me that even though we have all experienced a loss, it is something you go through alone. People don't want you to be sad so they stop asking after awhile. Even having gone through this myself, I find myself at a loss for words whhen it happens to someone I know. I don't want to tell them how really hard it is or how long it really takes to recover.
Dave, I'm sure everyone who reads your comments cares, it's just not always easy to find the words to comfort someone else. You do matter!

no photo
Mon 05/11/09 03:41 PM
I am new to this site. I was married for 20 years and a widow for the last 7. It was a very sudden death. I went to work a wife and best friend and came home a widow. I was in shock the first year but kept going for my children. The biggest thing that I have figured out is that there are no rules for grieving. If something gives you comfort there is no reason to give it away. The time will come when it will feel OK to do that. I spent the first couple of years wearing my husbands t-shirts under my work suits. No one knew and it made me feel better! Eventually, I just stopped.