Community > Posts By > pokwangkyra

pokwangkyra's photo
Thu 04/07/16 10:18 AM
6 months from now (my bday is Oct) my fervent bday wish is not for me but for my sister. I wish that, by that time, she is back to herself again, physically looking vibrant and in good health. She is now recovering from a brain tumor operation done last December and she just had finished her 6 cycle radiation and chemo.. We will know the results of her MRI next week Tuesday, and we are really really praying the results turn out fine, that the remaining "thing" be GONE, in Jesus' name. Amen!

pokwangkyra's photo
Sat 02/13/16 09:43 PM

HAPPY HEARTS DAY!! to everyone here in Mingle!

I wish your love to your family, friends, relatives and special soemone doesn't start and stop on this day only
love love love EVERYDAY!!:heart: :heart: :heart: laugh :banana:

SO how do you celebrate it with someone you love or like?

pokwangkyra's photo
Mon 06/22/15 10:23 AM
yeah that's a good point.. that is why --I would like to share with you the update posted by a concerned organization like DDAWP: "our main focus has been and will continue to focus on stopping the illegal theft and transport of dogs, reaching out to local communities and visiting local schools to encourage compassion for animals, advocating for animal protection laws and stricter enforcement of existing laws, and supporting animal shelters and sanctuaries." In essence, well it's a long shot maybe - but who knows? those people can be educated - it takes time but we can make a difference.. at this time, lawyers and policy makers are needed to propel forward animal protection laws.

pokwangkyra's photo
Mon 06/22/15 09:18 AM
Mr Rooster I know where you're coming from, it's as if you're saying "well, it's the survival of the fittest - who cares?"
You know our concern here is against cruelty and yet your first line says it all - I don't think you ever had a pet in your life that you have cared about, dogs especially.. only then you would understand what Sassy and I feel and are saying here.. The issue is not about who's eaten what.. we're trying to correct a culture where profit rules thru hideous and savage trade rather than animal care and healthy sanitation for the community just to celebrate an old practice or shall I say "malpractice" any pets you've nurtured but you seen being tortured is just horrible..I hope when you watched a footage from Yulin you can look straight in each dogs' eyes..we're trying to focus on how to attack the root of the dog meat trade, not only in China but other countries as well. You said it yourself, your Mom's chicken was cooked by your grandma but your mother didn't eat it.. and I think I don't have to ask you why.

pokwangkyra's photo
Mon 06/22/15 04:42 AM
Thanks Sassy! yup I read about it too.. so heroic what she's doing (the Chinese woman) and risking her life.. I've been following Duo Duo Animal Welfare Program's (DDAWP) update on this.. My hats off to their people for their worthy struggle.. Yes it's so disheartening that other countries (not just China) treat dogs as "livestock" where the rest of us regard them as family members

pokwangkyra's photo
Sun 06/21/15 09:27 PM
I so hate this Yulin festival (or shall I call "barbaric") practice in China.. this "mal"practice started 2010 for what I've read.. and for this year, it happened yesterday, killing around more than 2,000 dogs and some were cats even.. so inhuman.. it really has a big effect on me since I love dogs so much, I currently have one.. it's really heartbreaking.. they even sell their own dogs for a higher price - what kind of human are they??