Community > Posts By > MoabBomb

MoabBomb's photo
Thu 06/04/09 12:14 AM
Mine is but a paltry 250. But Yamaha makes a 400 and a 500, Honda has a 600, and Suzuki has a 400 and 650 CC scooters.

MoabBomb's photo
Wed 06/03/09 10:54 PM
Edited by MoabBomb on Wed 06/03/09 11:18 PM
I'm guessing a big scooter does not qualify...But it is big. A '99 Honda Helix. The Harley Electraglide has a 63.5" wheelbase; The Honda Helix has a 63.8" Wheelbase.

Sorry, Hog Men-Mine IS bigger! Mwa-hahahaha!
(I just KNOW I am about to get it with both barrels...)

Still, what does it say about how secure I am in my manhood? That I will waltz my fat ass in here and boldly proclaim I ride a SCOOTER. Total stud.

MoabBomb's photo
Wed 06/03/09 10:47 PM
Catch-22, by Joseph Heller. Freakin' brilliant, so far.

MoabBomb's photo
Wed 06/03/09 12:24 PM
But the cap lock button is cruise control for "Awesome". I thought you all knew that...

MoabBomb's photo
Wed 06/03/09 10:58 AM
You certainly got that right, Jtip!

MoabBomb's photo
Wed 06/03/09 10:38 AM
Howdy, folks.
My name is Rob-I am a bit of a lurker (this is only my third post), but now I am dragging myself out into the harsh light of day (Aaiieee! The light! It burnsss us! IT BURRRNNNSSS!)

I live in the bustling megalopolis of Moab, Utah. It is quite isolated here-there are only 7 women on Mingle2 within 50 miles of home, and only one within 10 years of my age (44). Needless to say, I have to cast a pretty wide net to find any other matches (woe is me!).

Fun Fact: If you add up the five counties that constitute South East Utah, it is over 22,700 square miles, nearly the size of West Virginia (23,200 Sq. miles). Or, it is bigger than NJ, DE and RI combined. Yet there are only 7 traffic lights in the entire region, and 6 of those are in Moab (NO Wal-Marts, either).

It is absolutely stunning around here, but a bit lonely. If any of you Minglers ever make it out this way (guys too, but I am most definitely straight) I'll be happy to meet you and possibly show you around my backyard. I am an interpretive 4x4 backcountry tour guide, so I know my stuff.

This site is fantastic, by the way. A very appreciated FREE service.

Have a significantly above average life... Good luck in love, Minglers.

Rob, AKA MoabBomb.

MoabBomb's photo
Tue 06/02/09 10:52 PM
This is a bit off the beaten path for most, but Salt Lake, Las Vegas and So. Cal Minglers (Manglers) should DEFINITELY check it out. The route was named by Car and Driver magazine as one of the top 10 scenic drives in the U.S.-It is Utah Highway 9, US 89, Utah 12, and Utah 24.

Starting in Zion National Park, you head East on UT9 to US89, then North a short distance to UT12. From this point, you head up through Red Canyon and pass right by the entrance to Bryce Canyon. Continuing East, you pass Kodachrome Basin State Park (5 miles off the highway) and Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument. The road bends to the North and heads up through jaw-dropping sandstone formations onto Boulder Mountain (don't miss the Burr Trail in Boulder, Utah), where expansive panoramas of the Waterpocket Fold and the Henry Mountains await. Then you drop off of the mountain and UT12 intersects with UT24 in the town of Torrey. Heading West on 24, the road passes through Capitol Reef National Park, then the Caineville badlands. In Hanksville, UT24 goes North-BE CERTAIN to spend at least an hour at Goblin Valley State Park 12 miles off the highway (used as a location for the movies Galaxy Quest and City Slickers 2). The San Rafael Swell is near here, too (Currently seen in the new Star Trek movie as the Planet Vulcan), but it is more appropriate for light trucks & SUVs such as Subarus and RAV 4s, not so great for passenger cars (if you want a San Rafael Swell road guide, send me a message and I will mail you one-I authored and photographed a 30 page driving guide for the Swell. The cost is FREE!). Highway 24 ends at Interstate 70, just West of Green River, Utah.

IF you have driven the whole thing and want MORE, a 90 minute drive will bring you to Moab, Utah (where I live), home of Arches and Canyonlands National Parks. I will be happy to meet you and act as your free guide (it is what I do for a living). I am knowledgeable about local geology, Indian rock art panels (Petroglyphs and Pictographs), ecology, and pure bullsh*t.

So, there you have it-5 National Parks, one National Monument, one area (the San Rafael Swell) that would be a National Park in any other state, and a generous handful (5) state parks. It is indeed hard to top it, but it surely is a bit remote.

MoabBomb's photo
Mon 04/27/09 06:55 PM
Heh...Well, I won a Valentine Day writing contest and completely surprised my wife of 11 years by winning her a nice (not huge)diamond ring. In front of 500 of my small town's movers and shakers (it was a charity dinner), I nervously proclaimed my love for her and read the mushy letter I wrote. Much laughter and tears were flowing...I felt like the most romantic dude around. Our love had always been very sound, now the whole town knew it.

Two months later, she met an old boyfriend, typed to him for a week, and dumped me. I never saw it coming. What a chump, huh?