Community > Posts By > Gentle_Beast

no photo
Sun 08/16/15 01:31 PM
I'm thinking what the hell I'm doing here.

no photo
Thu 07/23/15 07:04 AM
Hello neighbors, :)

I'm a photographer based in Northern India and I travel extensively in the Himalayan region. Lately I've been having this urge to visit the Himalayas bordering Pakistan.

Although I don't have any immediate plans to tour the mountains there, I would very much like to get to know some of you and get to know about Pakistan in general.

Also, as a poet I have always been interested in urdu shayari. So let me know if you have any favorites. :) Or if you write your own, that's even better. Unfortunately I don't know how to read urdu. But can understand most of it when written like this - "mujhko apni rooh mein basaa lo. dil-o-jaan ke rishte aksar toot jaaya karte hain -- by Ahmed Faraaz"

P.S. would be happy to share my photography work after getting to know each other. :)

no photo
Wed 07/22/15 06:55 AM

no photo
Wed 07/22/15 06:53 AM
Edited by Gentle_Beast on Wed 07/22/15 06:54 AM
Bibio

no photo
Wed 07/22/15 06:08 AM

In my opinion your sister or mom can answer this question well.

Yes, but I posted this here to get feedback from members of online dating community. Not traditional Indian families following the trend of arranged marriages.

no photo
Wed 07/22/15 06:01 AM
You made some good points there. I've noticed how many Indian guys can sound demanding.

But that puppy thing doesn't really play well with me. I think after my divorce, I'm all out of cute sentiments. Love isn't easy. Maintaining a relationship feels like being in a warzone. And girls in early 20s don't really get the severeness of love.

I don't have the time or energy to entertain a daddy's girl whose thighs are burning. Like you, I'm also looking for a real woman who knows how to deal with real love - or at least intends to give her best.

I'm new here and haven't really come across anyone who would fits that "image".

no photo
Wed 07/22/15 05:46 AM
Edited by Gentle_Beast on Wed 07/22/15 05:46 AM
I'm curious why girls in India are not willing to take risks online. In my experience so far they just stick to texting, and when it comes to meeting in person they unload a bunch of excuses. In most of cases it has to do with her parents or some dumb fear of 'log kya kahenge'. I've noticed that most girls don't even publish their actual photo. Half the time it turns out to be some bollywood actress. What's with all this secrecy?

It makes no difference if I approach them on a dating site or social media. Online dating in other countries is so freaking easy (mostly not required coz it's just that easy to ask a girl out in bars, shops, or trains.. lol). I'm trying to understand if there's a cultural drawback here. Or maybe girls here are just living in fear of rapists and psychopaths?

What's your take on this? Have you experienced anything different? Feel free to add your thoughts, (girls and guys both).