Community > Posts By > ClaudiaTess

no photo
Tue 09/01/15 07:42 AM
Just had to weigh in on this topic. I have been in and out of the dating scene over the last few years and get frustrated and disgusted from my experiences. But here I am again!

In the past I have had many younger men contact me. I am now 61 years old and have no interest in seeing younger men. I could not understand the attraction and I would tell them that. But since the $$ issue has been brought up here, I understand it a little better. For me it would be like dating my son which would be too weird.

I do like my independence and at this time in my life it is very important to me. I am looking for man around my age who is active in pursuing his own interests and wouldn't depend on me to be with him 24/7. Someone who wouldn't feel insecure about me pursuing my interests. I was married for 23 years and took care of my husband, son as well as my father, mother and brother during the time leading up to their passing. So I am not looking for someone to take care of.

I'm not looking for a man who looks like a body builder. I am looking for a real man who is doing the best he can with what he has to work with. We should all be striving for a healthy lifestyle but some people can get really obsessed with that. Makes them appear to be really shallow. I am more interested in what is in a man's heart than how their abs look.

no photo
Tue 08/25/15 02:12 PM
I have been taking a break from all the dating sites recently because of all the scammers I ran into. Just a waste of my time. Here's their story: usually they are working in construction, or they are at least "out of the country". The very first guy (I think it was more than one guy actually. One who could write in English, another who could not) was out of the country and ran out of money and couldn't get himself home. He/they professed their love for me in the 2nd message they sent me. What is wrong with that picture? Another was in construction and was supposedly building a foot bridge in Ireland. Ran out of money and needed only $2,000 to finish up this job. Too bad he didn't know a friendly banker who would cover his butt. Of course I was just the woman he was looking for and he too said he loved me before he asked for the cash. This guy had told me he lived in a nearby suburb but after he called me I looked up his weird number and found he was in LA, California. Then there was yet another one, similar story, calling me from Miami, Florida (I'm in MI). Another one, upon answering his first message I warned him about scammers. That was the last I heard from him--must have been another scammer. People use your heads when you are on these dating sites. No person in their right mind (I want to emphasize "right mind") is going to be in love with you after 2, 3, or 4 messages! Also pay attention to how the message is written. If the English wording is a little strange and awkward, the writer is probably not an English speaking person and thus is out of the country because they live out of the country. I always delete their profile as soon as I figure out their scammer status. I know they will just make a new profile and will be back but I do get a little satisfaction out it.

no photo
Mon 08/03/15 04:50 PM
Today I have a lot of silver. Next week? Not so much.