Community > Posts By > AngelFireDream

AngelFireDream's photo
Tue 08/25/09 01:22 PM

telling her to leave him, is the worst advice ever. That aint going to help her ego, she would just be alone with the same thoughts as before.

What you need to do is find someone that makes you feel good about you. A friend! If he can flirt and not think how it affects you, why dont you have that same right. Stop thinking that others are putting you in a box, you put yourself there. Words only have the weight that we give them. If you believe his words are true, that is your choice. This is why it is called SELF-esteem... it is how you view yourself. Toughen up and stop letting ANYONE make you someone you dont want to be.

We have a certain life style preference that is being worked out and that we both want very much; but, in general, I am not flirting or being with any other male, unless he approves. He has no problem with me appreciating others looks, but I never do it in a way that is obvious to him or anyone else; and he really isn't the jealous type, even if I do write to friends on occasion.

That is exactly why I am amazed. I never allowed anyone's words to influence how I felt about myself before. I have given his opinion and his words great power over my self-image and self-esteem. I'm not sure why it is different with him, but I've never had a partner quite like him before.

AngelFireDream's photo
Tue 08/25/09 01:16 PM

I know that u say u are not ready to end it,but I have a question y would u want to stay with someone who makes u feel this way?u need someone who makes u feel good about yourself not terrible.flowerforyou

You are right; and, the stress is not good for my chances of beating the cancer. But, I love him and there are a lot of positive qualities about him that are right for me.

AngelFireDream's photo
Tue 08/25/09 01:15 PM

Angel,

I've seen pics of you. You're a beautiful woman.

Have you talked to him about how he's treating you?

Constantly; but he won't discuss it with me. He doesn't care. He says I am trying to change him and am accusing him of being unfaithful. I do not believe he has been unfaithful since we got back together. However, I admit, I am insecure, based on his past lack of fidelity in his marriage and other things he shared with me about his past. I want to give him a clean slate and trust him; but the "Guam incident" didn't do much to foster my trust.

I'm somewhat heavier than in the photos you saw. Still attractive, but heavier.

When we met in 1/08, he admitted I was not quite his type physically (it was true I could stand to lose 30 lbs), but that we were highly compatible and that he saw no problem with us being together for the long haul if I lost the weight that I wanted to lose on my own, anyway. (I won't comment on his looks or weight, but it currently, it is nothing like his photos and hasn't been for a while. He likes my cooking and he likes sweets.) I lost about 20 lbs or more within a few months, and almost the rest of it during the time we broke up in the Fall.

Unfortunately, because of the stress from my work, the cancer, and other treatment, I put the weight back on. I intend to lose it again and get fit - for HTN, orthopedic, gastro, and other personal reasons, but he hasn't been very patient about it. Instead, I get disgusted looks or comments and increasing disinterest in intimacy from him. Meanwhile, as from day one, he continues to make appreciative comments out loud, do headspins (or full body turns to stare), and smile at attractive strangers in front of me. I'm not jealous, and if it was respectful he didn't make it plain that he preferred them to me, it wouldn't be so hurtful.

He is very angry that I doubt and question at times. I do not mistrust him, except for when he eggs me on. And, he seems to do this on purpose at times. I don't know why. Other times, he behaves the way he does purely in service to the id, with no regard for consequences.

I feel horrible writing this. I love him and have no intention of leaving him.

AngelFireDream's photo
Tue 08/25/09 12:54 PM

sad Whats a date?

flowerforyou cheer up

AngelFireDream's photo
Tue 08/25/09 10:37 AM
Too much information? Mods, please feel free to delete the thread. Thank you.

AngelFireDream's photo
Tue 08/25/09 10:25 AM
Edited by AngelFireDream on Tue 08/25/09 10:26 AM

Try to live life like every minute will be the last. Keep peace with your maker & you will be just fine. Least it works for me.

Thanks, this is the part I will try to hold close to my heart. Its the loneliness and pain of life up till then, especially knowing that the "then" is a foreshortened one. It makes you kind of want to "hurry up" and accomplish. It is hard to accept that some things we really wanted, we will not accomplish in life. I guess that is the stage that is called "resignation".

I know I was loved once. It was real, even though it ended far too soon. I know I was cared for once, too - even though it was much less than I deserved or needed in my life. We waste time in life. You can't get that time back.

I will think about your words. Thanks.

Oh, and I misplaced it, but you may email it to me again, please. Thank you.

AngelFireDream's photo
Tue 08/25/09 10:19 AM
I have always had fairly good self esteem in my life, especially as it related to my looks, intelligence, work, loyalty, dependability, and writing.

This is the first time in my life where my self esteem has begun to be erroded by a partner....concerning my looks - or rather, weight.

The weight is not the issue; I know I need to lose it for health reasons. I will, only the degrading has stalled it. The other person cannot understand their role in it or why. My self esteem is shot. I am feeling unattractive and worthless lately - for you see - it is not just the weight now - it is the fact that I have had breast cancer - and the pain and little scar that are reminders. That and the fear is a reminder.

Touch and sex and talking and holding have dwindled to practically nil. Of course, help with laundry and feeding and foot massages are still expected of me. No matter how I am feeling on any particular day. Oh, and the ogling of other attractive women continues - in full force - right in my face. Very rarely, there may be flirting, too. None of it is subtle or respectful, by any means. It is very degrading and diminishing of one's ego.

I don't know why I am writing this. I am not prepared to end it. It just hurts that my self-esteem has sunk to a level it has never been at. It confounds me. I never had an issue with body image before. I am amazed.

AngelFireDream's photo
Tue 08/25/09 09:55 AM

Angel hon, everything you want is already here... you just need to relax and allow it in, which will be difficult with constant fears. What you want and what you think about are not vibrationally matched up...

flowers

Intuitively, I know you are right. I just don't know how to do it and haven't been a fast learner in this area. Anxiety....is a terrible thing.

breath..meditate... I would go absolutely bonkers if not for my meditation practice.

I will try that today. Thank you.

AngelFireDream's photo
Tue 08/25/09 09:38 AM
Edited by AngelFireDream on Tue 08/25/09 09:41 AM
Well, I think that is a Symptom of the problem. You'd have to find out what the problem was and see if it can be fixed.

fiddle fix... wait a bit... No response.
fiddle fix... wait a bit... No response.

What then?

How long do you wait?

Understood....

AngelFireDream's photo
Tue 08/25/09 09:38 AM

No sex? Ok, I could deal with that. Sex isn't everything anyhow.
No holding hands, I can deal with that too. No cuddling or talking? Forget it, it's over.

Exactly. What's left, then. Nothing. Just a sense of being used or abused.

AngelFireDream's photo
Tue 08/25/09 09:34 AM
He says I'm taken....but I REALLY do not believe him.

AngelFireDream's photo
Tue 08/25/09 09:32 AM

If a lover knows that a certain couple of noxious behaviors of theirs really affect your ability to trust in them because of their past, wouldn't it stand to reason that doing these behaviors blatantly, in your face (not just in a respectful manner), could be their way of getting you to lose your cool and/or end with them?

....or is it indeed possible that such inconsiderate and selfish people actually exist in the world - are so id driven that they cannot control their impulses.
MORE of the SAME issues with man Read this post and alk of selfishness

So in your opinion, it is purely about the id and selfishness, not purposely trying to hurt the other or destroy the relationship? Either way, the outcome is the same, no?

AngelFireDream's photo
Tue 08/25/09 09:29 AM

Angel hon, everything you want is already here... you just need to relax and allow it in, which will be difficult with constant fears. What you want and what you think about are not vibrationally matched up...

flowers

Intuitively, I know you are right. I just don't know how to do it and haven't been a fast learner in this area. Anxiety....is a terrible thing.

AngelFireDream's photo
Tue 08/25/09 09:26 AM

Angel - just got my daily inspiration and wanted to share it with you

This new moment

The world is new in this new moment. Opportunity is fresh, and possibilities are yours to be fulfilled.

Regardless of what has already happened, today will be what you decide to make of it. Decide to fill it with meaningful treasures of your own unique design.

Don't be hindered by the disappointments of the past. In this new moment, you can choose a new, positive, purposeful direction.

Consider where you have been, what you have experienced, and all you have done. In this new moment, take the very best of who you have become and create some new, wonderful value.

You can learn, you can act, you can understand, you can love, you can appreciate, you can wonder, and you can fully live. Now is when the beauty of who you are can be expressed in a new and unique way.

This new moment is bursting with possibilities. And there is much new joy for you to know.

Thank you. I will try to take this to heart and practice it. The fear is that I do not know if I will accomplish it in time or be able to enjoy it. I will try to read and reread this and practicing being joyful in the moment. It is just hard, feeling a lone and unloved.

AngelFireDream's photo
Tue 08/25/09 09:22 AM

oh Angel....flowerforyou

You are here now for a divine purpose, however you are the only one who can figure that out. Don't go through life paralyzed with fears of death, it's only the closing of one door and the opening of another.

I wish I knew what that purpose was. Despite all the good I've done, it still doesn't seem enough to have validated an existence that wasn't loved or cared for.

AngelFireDream's photo
Tue 08/25/09 09:22 AM

oh Angel....flowerforyou

You are here now for a divine purpose, however you are the only one who can figure that out. Don't go through life paralyzed with fears of death, it's only the closing of one door and the opening of another.

I wish I knew what that purpose was. Despite all the good I've done, it still doesn't seem enough to have validated an existence that wasn't loved or cared for.

AngelFireDream's photo
Tue 08/25/09 09:21 AM

Life is not about the destination (death) but the journey and the impact we make in it.

good luck!

I know I have made a tremendous impact in the lives of others on many sites through my writing and in person, through my helping. I wish that were enough for me....to know I made a difference in some lives and made the world a better place. But, I guess, like most of us - I am selfish - and wish I had found love than was real and long lasting. I have regrets that I never did.

AngelFireDream's photo
Tue 08/25/09 09:21 AM

Life is not about the destination (death) but the journey and the impact we make in it.

good luck!

I know I have made a tremendous impact in the lives of others on many sites through my writing and in person, through my helping. I wish that were enough for me....to know I made a difference in some lives and made the world a better place. But, I guess, like most of us - I am selfish - and wish I had found love than was real and long lasting. I have regrets that I never did.

AngelFireDream's photo
Tue 08/25/09 09:18 AM

i dont think its the dieing alone that bothers the o/p

more the long lonelyness leading to it

It is frightening to think about suffering and being in pain, until then, without someone of your own to lean on. And, without ever having attained your heart's desire. It is very frightening for me.

AngelFireDream's photo
Tue 08/25/09 09:16 AM

I am just SO sick of rude behavior.

You and me, both.

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 15 16