Community > Posts By > Rizun

Rizun's photo
Thu 10/01/15 02:07 PM

I don't believe in god BECAUSE I don't feel it and it makes no logical sense to me. Religion to me has always been a part of society in some way, it's like the teddy bear I got when I was young. I can't imagine parting with it, but sooner or later I gotta grow up and give it up or pass it along, but I'll never stop loving it and I'm going to make damn sure the next owner will love it like I did. Like it's how we deal with emotionally difficult or wonderful things like death or birth. Religion has kind of become tradition.
I don't think most people care or believe what's going on when it's Christmas... or Easter... why would they.

Mostly though I think we do it out of fear, because it's so basic a feeling and therefore so powerful. Fear of the unknown.
Personally I have never felt so relieved when I figured out that there is nothing to fear.

Then again what god are we referring to
The christian god, or Odin, Allah, the Greek gods, a volcano, the sun or..

You are equating religion with God?

A castle is built around a king as is a religion around a god.
Learn about the castle, learn about the god.
May not tell you about the god specifically, but again... which god are we talking about.. old testament god.. greek gods.. which one.

Rizun's photo
Wed 09/30/15 12:33 PM
Edited by Rizun on Wed 09/30/15 12:37 PM
I don't believe in god BECAUSE I don't feel it and it makes no logical sense to me. Religion to me has always been a part of society in some way, it's like the teddy bear I got when I was young. I can't imagine parting with it, but sooner or later I gotta grow up and give it up or pass it along, but I'll never stop loving it and I'm going to make damn sure the next owner will love it like I did. Like it's how we deal with emotionally difficult or wonderful things like death or birth. Religion has kind of become tradition.
I don't think most people care or believe what's going on when it's Christmas... or Easter... why would they.

Mostly though I think we do it out of fear, because it's so basic a feeling and therefore so powerful. Fear of the unknown.
Personally I have never felt so relieved when I figured out that there is nothing to fear.

Then again what god are we referring to
The christian god, or Odin, Allah, the Greek gods, a volcano, the sun or..

Rizun's photo
Sat 09/26/15 12:41 PM
'People die when they're killed'

That one made me laugh

Rizun's photo
Sat 09/26/15 05:58 AM

I believe the dictionary term of fiction is involved in science and in religion too but both are having contradictory meaning in its own use

Uh... what
You better start reading your dictionary then.

Fiction means a constructed story, non-fiction would be true events.
Science FICTION would be a story like Alien. The GENRE usually has do with machines, technology or concepts/thought patterns that are ahead or different of our time.

You could say it's a matter of perspective, but from what I see one chooses to settle with evidence from a book which btw cannot be proven wrong. Science finds evidence from careful research, Not from your metaphysical spiritual backpacking experiences in the mountains and with nature or with psychedelic compounds that might find their way into your system.

Rizun's photo
Fri 09/25/15 11:28 AM
Edited by Rizun on Fri 09/25/15 11:33 AM

God is not responsible for death . Death is a part of nature .... cellular life has a beginning and end. . If death implies nonexistence ... Then god is already dead .

Sure death is a part of nature. God creates nature. He said He is responsible for death. Could you stop or prevent any tornado to come? Humankind likes to live long. Could you tell us when and how you or your friend will die?

Sounds like something a vampire would say

Edit: I don't believe in vampires.. and now that we're at it: Trolls, witches, wizards, warlocks, dragons etc.
Reedit: Maybe Cathulu though.. can never be too careful with that one.

... praise cathulu...

Rizun's photo
Fri 09/25/15 07:15 AM

My Chinese neighbors have a baby with Down Syndrome. They named him Sum Ting Wong.

HAHAHAHA

oh wow... ahahaha!

Rizun's photo
Tue 09/22/15 08:40 AM
If I give a man a fish, he will eat for a day.
So if I teach him to fish, he will eat for a life time.

hmm

Thus... give your girl some flowers, and she will swoon for a day..
But, teach your girl to plant...

Rizun's photo
Tue 09/22/15 08:36 AM

I saw an electrical outlet over there in the corner, no, the other side......yep, there it is. Plug her right in. Zap!!!!laugh

Brilliant

Rizun's photo
Tue 09/22/15 07:09 AM
Baby don't hurt me

Don't hurt me

No more~

-||-

Yeeeah yeeeeaaaAAAH!

female voice: uuuuh uuuuuuuuuuh!

I don't knooooow why you're not theeeeere
I give you my loooove, but youuuuu don't care.

SO what is riiiight
What is wroooong

Gimme a sign

WHAT IS LOVE!

Rizun's photo
Tue 09/22/15 07:00 AM
Clearly they've got some tsundere going on.

IT'S NOT LIKE I LIKE YOU OR ANYTHING! I.. I I CAN GET ANY GIRL I WANT! SEE!?

Rizun's photo
Tue 09/22/15 06:56 AM
their*

Rizun's photo
Tue 09/22/15 06:54 AM
I feel ya, Pansytilly.

Nature man... Nature.
Totally.

Rizun's photo
Tue 09/22/15 06:49 AM
Is this the part where you show me the blue pill and the red pill?

Rizun's photo
Mon 09/21/15 01:22 PM
Jesus is playing hide and seek duuh!

Rizun's photo
Mon 09/21/15 01:20 PM
Believe in nature.. sounds a lot like the Indians or Eskimos.
Is that what you mean?

Otherwise I'm at a loss.

Oh and why would anyone assume there is a creator?

Rizun's photo
Mon 09/21/15 01:16 PM
Incoherent fire dissipates all contingency

Rizun's photo
Mon 09/21/15 01:13 PM

If really pls comment "truly you can"
it means if I can see anyone to meet or have a date with here which can show me the love I will share with her

Oh okay.. what?

Rizun's photo
Sun 09/13/15 04:45 PM

If Karma is justice then if you don't wear a seat belt and get killed in an accident would that be righteous?
Or am I confusing it with something now

Or is it only karma when it suits you?

Sure, things you do might bite you in the *** eventually... or it might not.
If you do something wrong, but have discovered a pattern in the consequences of whatever immoral action you've committed you would be able to make a plan for it.
doesn't that mean you've beat karma?
Then things that goes around apparently won't come around anymore, or they will but you won't notice it do to your plan.
I think people make these plans as they go in life and eventually it becomes routine.
I can imagine a lot of scenarios where this might play out like parents being overprotective of their abusive and uncontrollable child.

If someone does something wrong to you, do you leave the punishing/policing to the great camera in the sky and do nothing or do you take matters into your own hands?

Apparently, karma has slightly differing concepts according to which school of thought it was developed from.
But it seeks to answer questions of causality in connection to justice, transferability of accountability and psychologic indeterminacy or predetermined destiny vs free will. And these concepts can either be for personal consumption or can transcend several lifetimes.

-----------------

The corollary to your question is
If someone does something wrong to you (or a loved one), how faithfully are you willing to let God's justice prevail, or how far are you willing to go by taking matters in your own hands?

I really admire your writing, Pansytilly.

Yes. How far are you willing to go believing that your god will give you justice?
I understand the logic behind it because you're powerless in most situations (despite what movies have taught us).
What better comfort than being told that they will get theirs eventually. But they wont.
It's just from my experience what goes around doesn't really come around at all. In fact things just keep getting worse and worse. once a really bad thing happens, things just go down hill.
People get away with the worst of things because they've done it sooooo many times before. They know how to get out of anything.
Of course you can't expect a bolt of lightning to come crashing down upon those who wronged you from a pissed off god in the clouds.
But then again you can't really expect anything.
All you have is whatever little amount of wit you have left and in my opinion it's up to you to use it.

It seems to me like people cherry pick whatever kind of karma that suits them, whilst ignoring the ones that contradict. And then they speak of justice.

Rizun's photo
Sun 09/13/15 11:10 AM
If Karma is justice then if you don't wear a seat belt and get killed in an accident would that be righteous?
Or am I confusing it with something now

Or is it only karma when it suits you?

Sure, things you do might bite you in the *** eventually... or it might not.
If you do something wrong, but have discovered a pattern in the consequences of whatever immoral action you've committed you would be able to make a plan for it.
doesn't that mean you've beat karma?
Then things that goes around apparently won't come around anymore, or they will but you won't notice it do to your plan.
I think people make these plans as they go in life and eventually it becomes routine.
I can imagine a lot of scenarios where this might play out like parents being overprotective of their abusive and uncontrollable child.

If someone does something wrong to you, do you leave the punishing/policing to the great camera in the sky and do nothing or do you take matters into your own hands?

Rizun's photo
Sat 09/12/15 06:46 AM
Yup..

The next person loses his/hers temper very easily.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6