Community > Posts By > TerrapinMike

TerrapinMike's photo
Mon 09/07/15 05:56 PM

That to me seems really sad because some of the best relationships I know started out as friendships.

While I'll generally agree with this sentiment, I've seen a lot of people spend time being friends and hoping the girl will change her mind about a relationship one day. She's already said she doesn't want to be more than that so to act like a friend wanting more wouldn't be fair

TerrapinMike's photo
Mon 09/07/15 05:23 PM
Well I wasn't really looking for friends. As jerkish as that makes me seem. I'll be friendly to her if she continues to talk to me but I'm not going to pursue a friendship.

TerrapinMike's photo
Fri 09/04/15 02:23 AM
Haha I feel like this got off topic. I wasn't only interested because she was pretty. Sure it was a factor. But she had similar hobbies and was sweet and kind. But alas wasn't meant to be

TerrapinMike's photo
Thu 09/03/15 10:33 PM

If the only thing you can notice about a female is her looks you are doomed. Very few women are vain enough to be flattered by someone that can only compliment them on things they have no control over.

Well obviously Im looking for more than just looks. But if I don't know her that's what grabs my attention first. Just a compliment to go from there

TerrapinMike's photo
Thu 09/03/15 05:39 PM

If she is guarded with you .. There could be other reasons . Either way .. You can respect her caution and enjoy what she is willing to share or move on and find someone who is prepared to let you get to know her . Best of luck :-) .

Yea found a new girl to talk to, see how it'll go

TerrapinMike's photo
Thu 09/03/15 05:38 PM

If you like to do things that are in male dominated arenas as a female you just get where you edit out the "flirting" or personal inquiries "remarks" and they become pretty invisible like white noise.

This gal told you that she wants only to be your gamer friend but you did not listen so you frustrate yourself.

I disagree about you having a chance with this person and recommend you move on and put your interest where you at least have a chance. Sounds like you have "NO HOPE"/ no chance in this situation.

What I would add is if you keep being a pain in the neck or obsess on another female on the site it is VERY likely that you could be bounced for harassment. These companies want female gamers and they can loose more than a few guys without ever missing you.

No worries there, I didn't harass her or anything. It's all cleared up now

TerrapinMike's photo
Thu 09/03/15 04:17 PM

Gaming online is just gaming online.
My daughter does it too.
She does it for fun, not to look for a relationship.
I would keep that area only for gaming.
It is the wrong place to be looking for a girlfriend
/or hoping more comes out of friendships.
I know my daughter gets annoyed when guys want more.
Sure it must happen, but if you respect the girls
as gamers, you wont get confused.
Good luck.

Well that's not where we originally met. But I agree with that

TerrapinMike's photo
Wed 09/02/15 10:45 PM

Just wondering. How does email equate to scamming?

It doesn't necessarily, just a lot of fake profiles on here, and the girls ask you to email them, or use some other messaging service and try to get you to sign up for random things

TerrapinMike's photo
Wed 09/02/15 10:08 PM

99,9% of the time YES,,

Yea haha it's probably a scam. We shall see how it goes.

TerrapinMike's photo
Wed 09/02/15 09:53 PM

She just wanted to be friends damn haha

And there is always a possibility that may change. Never give up hope!

You think that's a possibility? I don't want to be her friend with ulterior motives. I'll just back off a bit but still hang out occasionally b

TerrapinMike's photo
Wed 09/02/15 09:51 PM
She's pretty cute and Id like to think she might be interested in me. But most scams seem to want to get off the app as quick as possible and chat elsewhere. But she didn't immediately email back like the other scammers. Thoughts?

TerrapinMike's photo
Wed 09/02/15 09:38 PM
Oh sorry it didn't load my post update thought it messed up

TerrapinMike's photo
Wed 09/02/15 09:37 PM
Well she just wanted friends haha guess you were all right

TerrapinMike's photo
Wed 09/02/15 07:37 PM
She just wanted to be friends damn haha

TerrapinMike's photo
Wed 09/02/15 07:26 AM
Sorry I asked so many similar questions

TerrapinMike's photo
Wed 09/02/15 07:25 AM
Well maybe hit on was the wrong thing to say, I just meant I always try to ask more about her, or occasional complements. Not really hit on. And yea you're right... :(

TerrapinMike's photo
Wed 09/02/15 06:48 AM
I told her if she's uncomfortable with me hitting on her all the time she could tell me, but she didn't say it bothered her

TerrapinMike's photo
Wed 09/02/15 06:47 AM
You don't think she's just trying to be friends?

TerrapinMike's photo
Wed 09/02/15 06:23 AM
So I've been talking to this girl I really like, it's just that she's very closed off and doesn't share much. We play on Xbox live and she enjoys playing with me. She even gets excited about it. But idk just seems like she's either very guarded or shy. Any ideas on how to get her to open up some?

TerrapinMike's photo
Wed 09/02/15 06:18 AM
Lol well I can't even talk to guys I don't know, it's a miracle I have friends. I went through all of college without talking to anyone in my classes lol

Previous 1