Community > Posts By > admiralhowdy

admiralhowdy's photo
Fri 01/01/16 04:33 PM
By chance do you know, What is the purpose of experiencing humanity? I started wondering when I started experiencing it recently.

admiralhowdy's photo
Fri 01/01/16 04:18 PM
I resolve to survive. Hope I don't break it! It would be wholly unintentional if I did.

I actually just finished a delicious meal of pork, greens, and black-eyed peas... anybody else today? Had to go to 3 stores to finally get my black-eyed peas. In short supply on Jan. 1 it seems, at least where I live.

admiralhowdy's photo
Fri 10/16/15 05:11 PM
Yikes. There was a specific reason for the B&W scenes. This was simply for clarity of narrative, as there were two different time periods being shown during the episode, the B&W one being farther in the past. If it were prose fiction, a convention for clarity would be using two different tenses, or perhaps two different view points, when going back and forth like that. Visual media has its own methods, and the B&W vs. color served it's purpose splendidly. Especially since TWD is based on a B&W comic book.

admiralhowdy's photo
Tue 10/13/15 03:29 PM
Oh, man, Rat Patrol. I remember that. Victor Newman was the German bad guy. wasn't he?

In new shows I think I'm only watching The Flash and TWD, but I'm catching up on 10 years worth of Supernatural, almost done with Fringe, and a few away from finishing that last 24 thing.

admiralhowdy's photo
Tue 10/13/15 03:18 PM
You might call me a fan. There were times I thought I'd quit (Sofia! Sofia!) but it picked up after that. Looking forward to what Morgan has to say after what he just saw.