opensource_wombat's photo
Thu 10/22/15 07:25 PM
**Warning once I get typing it is never quick**

I kinda stumbled upon this site looking for a place to connect with people in my area. I just got transferred to NWA for my job, and I am not the go out and social type, I am an introvert who is looking to make friends, and possibly moving beyond that. I love technology, anything and everything with technology. I love Crystal Bridges (have been there numerous times since I moved here) and Beaver Lake. That's about all I have seen and visited, looking for friends and looking to branch out and find people that I might actually go and chill with on the weekend. One thing at a time, right now I am happy "hiding" behind a keyboard.

opensource_wombat's photo
Thu 10/22/15 07:20 PM
I have been using Linux in many different forms now for the better part of 19 years and have seen it progress from something that was so difficult to setup and use, to something that (if you get the right distribution) can be as easy as Windows to use. I would be interested in connecting with other Linux users or people that are just interested in knowing more about this Operating System. I just have had a bear of a time finding people that are actually interested in it, mostly because it still thought of as a hobbyists operating system, you need to know computers in order to actually use it, and you need to know something about programming in order to get it to run right. All myths that while true in some instances and with some distros might not fit with all of them. I am just rambling now but I would like to meet people that are interested it and explore it with them.