Community > Posts By > miko1960

miko1960's photo
Wed 04/10/13 09:00 AM
I do like to take my time in relationships don't like to rush things, I usually try to hold off the more physical aspects until we know one another better I believe most all relationships start with the infatuation period, and having relations to soon may cloud judgement, as far as being best friends with my partner I do believe one has to be both friend and lover, when the infatuation starts to wear out you better have something to talk about.

miko1960's photo
Wed 04/10/13 08:37 AM
Msharmony you are both beautiful and wiseflowerforyou

miko1960's photo
Wed 04/10/13 08:33 AM
Maybe I become to settled in the relationship without realizing.

miko1960's photo
Wed 04/10/13 08:32 AM
Actually my ex was the messy one

miko1960's photo
Wed 04/10/13 08:27 AM
If you do your research you will find women suffer from OCD at about twice the number of men granted I may have a strange attraction to this type of woman or maybe I just attract them.

miko1960's photo
Wed 04/10/13 07:35 AM
Edited by miko1960 on Wed 04/10/13 07:35 AM
Only making a truthful observation, I noticed this same trait in other peoples relationships and this is so typical of many woman not wanting to own their actions, not saying it's the woman's fault men play their role in it as well.

miko1960's photo
Wed 04/10/13 06:38 AM
Edited by miko1960 on Wed 04/10/13 06:43 AM
I recently came out of a 3 year relationship with a woman, this would be my 3rd LTR. I have noticed right at about 6 months into the relationship, it takes on a whole new dynamic, I suppose it is normal after a period of time for the relationship to advance to the next level.

At about this stage into relationship the woman has started to become more involved with decision making I call this the mothering stage or women may call it the nurturing stage, I believe at this point is where a woman starts the I can change him period, this is when a woman starts to attempt to change the more negative aspects of her male partner, for example taste in clothing, eating or nutritional habits, here is my favorite, hygiene no matter how clean you may think you are you are never clean enough for the woman, oh lets not forget the ever popular putting the toilet seat back down.

The point I am attempting to make with this post is that when a woman takes on a role of mothering, men just sort of start expecting it, I think as most men just kind of go along with whatever the woman wants, so ladies when you start doing things for us don't get all peeved if we start expecting it, after all it is the woman that sets the tone in the relationship, guys just sort of follow along.

My ex from my longest relationship always tried to do everything for me which I had to start getting use to since I have always been very independent, so after a time I had assumed that I was just pleasing her by letting her do these things. to my total shock she had been harboring years of resentment against me for this it's not like I never offered to help more, but I was always met with from her it would be easier if I just do it myself.

Ladies if you start treating men like your children then this is how most relationships play out, this is why the very most important aspect in any relationship is COMMUNICATION, if you don't want to be our mothers, don't mother us it's that simple.

miko1960's photo
Sun 04/07/13 01:59 PM
In a phone booth back in the late 70's, we just couldn't wait....LOOL

miko1960's photo
Sun 04/07/13 01:57 PM
In a committed relationship or marriage, yeah I think sex would be very important, I want mine.laugh

miko1960's photo
Sat 04/06/13 10:27 AM
Edited by miko1960 on Sat 04/06/13 10:30 AM
Seems I gravitate towards a women with a quick wit and is outspoken these traits satisfy both my alpha and beta personality being able to give up control or take control

miko1960's photo
Sat 04/06/13 09:36 AM
A strong woman requires a strong man

miko1960's photo
Sat 04/06/13 09:01 AM
Go in the kitchen and make me a sandwich your master has spoken

miko1960's photo
Sat 04/06/13 08:07 AM
Single, take me

miko1960's photo
Sat 04/06/13 07:50 AM
Okey-Dokey

miko1960's photo
Sat 04/06/13 01:56 AM
I think men and woman are already hardwired by nature for one sex to be more dominate and the other more submissive not to mean that a man should run all over a woman, men having a more dominate personality and superior physical strength (and I refer here to the majority, there of coarse are always exceptions to the rules)should temper these aspects with both kindness and wisdom towards are female counterpart.

As Humans we tend to forget at times that we also are part of nature, already predisposed to perform are different roles as men and woman, men for the most part being hunter gathers and woman being the nurturers, a simple truth will always remain between the genders, men can't have babies and therefore are less nurturing then woman, but overall I believe men and woman are more alike then dis-alike, woman just haven't been out in the mainstream long enough to exhibit more of the negative human personality traits, after all we both come from the same.

miko1960's photo
Thu 04/04/13 12:13 PM
I would think decision making would also be a priority to woman, as to being decisive.

miko1960's photo
Thu 04/04/13 11:54 AM
Edited by miko1960 on Thu 04/04/13 11:56 AM
Long time member haven't posted in a while, I would like a woman's opinion on this I have finally read the 50 shades of gray book, I know a little late, what prompted me to read said book, I kept hearing so much about it from friends and coworkers,(most of my coworkers are female) seriously ladies is there any truth in this book, are women actually wanting men to be more dominant in western society, do you believe woman's liberation has taken away an essential element in male/female relationships.

Now I was always raised to believe to conduct myself as a gentleman at all times in or out of a relationship,however I do feel that we have lost something over the years as gender rows are becoming more and more confusing, I do find however as far as dating goes most women still expect the male to pay for said date open doors for them and in other words conduct ourselves as gentlemen,also it is still left up to the man to decide where and when on said date.

Do woman really want men to act as cavemen from time to time, by the way I am considered by many to be very alpha on the surface, my occupation requires me to act in this manner, however I consider myself about 30 percent alpha and 70 percent beta, I can be very alpha when it is necessary, some have even told me that I have a very scary look in my eyes when I become that way.

miko1960's photo
Fri 12/14/12 11:15 PM
Hey that'mad mad s my cookie mister

miko1960's photo
Fri 12/14/12 11:14 PM
A man without a woman = lonely and horney:banana: :banana:

miko1960's photo
Tue 12/11/12 06:47 PM
LOLlaugh

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25