Community > Posts By > RainbowTrout

RainbowTrout's photo
Tue 06/10/14 11:58 AM

I do not know of any safe way that a Human can remain emotionally "numb" for a long period of time.

True statement for me at least. I can sometimes handle it for a little while but invariably I will have to return to getting real. Real being the state that I feel that I am being manipulated by someone who is definitely not numb. For instance, the narcissist type or the emotional vampire type I really have to be on guard for. Usually for me when this occurs it catches me blind sided because for the most part most those I have dealt with are emotionally playing fair. When I don't vent healthily I find myself being more sarcastic. For instance, I was trying to be a good care giver but this one person was like the bottomless pit of being needy when there were many more in my care who needed attention, too. The last straw was when I had the frozen Popsicle in my hand that I was getting for her and said loud enough under my breadth where my boss heard me say, "I know where I would like to stick this."laugh

RainbowTrout's photo
Sun 06/08/14 06:15 PM
Our Sandy is half Labrador and Pitt Bull. We call her Sandy because she is a sandy colour.

RainbowTrout's photo
Sun 06/08/14 05:40 PM
Plus my charge nurse advised me to quit taking in strays.laugh

RainbowTrout's photo
Sun 06/08/14 05:39 PM
It wouldn't work for me because I would probably get emotionally involved.

RainbowTrout's photo
Sat 06/07/14 07:15 PM

You must have gotten see sick from seeing too much.laugh
a pun! why you!

You ever play volley ball? You set them up and I will spike them.laugh

RainbowTrout's photo
Sat 06/07/14 07:09 PM
You must have gotten see sick from seeing too much.laugh

RainbowTrout's photo
Sat 06/07/14 06:57 PM
I think Tina Turner had a good question in her song. Have you ever had a good time with someone and just didn't want to rock the boat because it was going so good?

RainbowTrout's photo
Sat 06/07/14 06:37 PM
Edited by RainbowTrout on Sat 06/07/14 06:39 PM
A fun outing seems to be working for me right now. After the serious work I do it is fun not to have expectations. I can relate to two Lobo songs now. "Don't expect me to be your friend" explains the last of a relationship for me that ended just like the words of that song. "Me and You and a dog named Boo" explains the fun I had with my housemate, today. We had fun going to yard sales this morning. She was a friend and let me rant and rave about my job. And even said to me if I didn't want to go we didn't have to go. I know she is missing being with her grand daughter. And it really hurt her to have to take back all the clothes she bought for her grand daughter since the mom and her are at a stalemate of her getting to see her. It was a real struggle to have even a friendship with her because of how close to her she was. I even explain to her how jealous I was of her relationship with her grand daughter. It took a while to understand how much fun they had together and lose the jealousy. I guess her grand daughter like me have grown up some. Hey, it can happen. lol But now, of course, the dog has taken the grand daughter's place. lol Not me. lol But then that is okay because it keeps the relationship fun based.:smile:

RainbowTrout's photo
Fri 06/06/14 04:03 PM
Ayn Rand's-Atlas Shrugged and Albert Camus'-The Myth of Sisyphus are two of my favorites.

RainbowTrout's photo
Fri 06/06/14 05:48 AM
Not all the nuts are in the trees.

RainbowTrout's photo
Thu 06/05/14 07:39 PM
Its my high school graduation picture, Vivian and thanks.:smile:

RainbowTrout's photo
Thu 06/05/14 07:49 AM
Grateful to be off work. Its a beautiful morning in the Ozarks. The road graders did an excellent job on our road. It is amazing that they plugged up all of the pot holes. It must be an election year or something. I hope all are having a good morning.waving

RainbowTrout's photo
Wed 06/04/14 08:04 PM
Edited by RainbowTrout on Wed 06/04/14 08:13 PM
On Distrowatch.com Android OS is on its second beta. Android came from Linux. :smile:

http://www.landofdroid.com/2012/android-x86-review-expanding-your-android-world/

The beauty of android is its open nature. It can be installed on phones, tablets, in car control panels and your PC, among other hardware. Sometimes it is chosen for corporate reasons, and other times it is hacked onto hardware just for the sake of it. This article is about the Android-X86 project, a project to port Android to Intel hardware. Please note, that this project has been running for some time, and is still the only way to get anything above Android 2.3 onto an Intel based device. The new SDK only includes GB for Intel devices.

X86 as I shall now refer to it can be found here, Android-X86. If you go to the download section you will find builds of Android from version 1.6 (Donut), up to 4.0.3 (ICS), and each with builds for varying hardware. If you decide to give X86 a try, it is the hardware support that could prove to be your fist stumbling block. X86 is a hobby project, with no support from hardware manufacturers, so the maintainers tend to only build in support for devices they have, or chipsets that are common. There is however, another way to run X86 and that is as a virtual machine, eliminating the need to overcome any hardware incompatibilities you may have.

Before we go any further, it is probably better to talk about why you might want to run X86. It could be just because you can. I currently have 5 OS’s on my netbook, so that one always works for me. It could be because you develop applications and want an easy way of trying them out. Or, if you are lucky enough, you may have a touch enabled screen on your computer. I am lucky enough to tick two of these boxes: I like installing stuff, and I have a touch-enabled netbook that flips into a tablet. By the end of the year Intel based tablet running win 8 should start to be a common sight, so dual booting Android may be just up your street if you get one. Lastly you may just want to extend the use of an old Netbook or Laptop, with X86 installed you will have a perfect little device for browsing, social networking, and maybe watching some video’s and listening to music.

My initial idea was to explain how to get X86 working on a variety of devices, including a VM, but I feel that the entire article would be taken up going over little changes in hardware, and even then would leave a lot unanswered. Instead, I shall give some links at the end for tutorials and resources to get your X86 up and running.

So how does X86 perform? Actually, it is not too shabby. I have made a very short YouTube video showing it booting and running on my Dell Netbook, and I really don’t think that there is any lag to be seen other than my poor Internet.

RainbowTrout's photo
Wed 06/04/14 05:15 PM
Edited by RainbowTrout on Wed 06/04/14 05:17 PM
It has been trying to set up but just not there, yet. I got a 42 inch Visio with three HDMI ports. HDMI 1 is Roku; HDMI 2 is Directv and the Chromecast is on HDMI 3. Installing the Chromium web broswer got me to the set up page. It can be a pain. I have been thinking of trying Wine. Or maybe putting Windows on my other Hard drive.:smile:

RainbowTrout's photo
Wed 06/04/14 05:10 PM
http://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/devices/chromecast/index.html

RainbowTrout's photo
Wed 06/04/14 04:59 PM
laugh

RainbowTrout's photo
Wed 06/04/14 04:55 PM
I guess I didn't really know what it was. I thought it was like the Roku. But it doesn't come with a remote. Since I am running Lubuntu the first thing I had to get was the Chromium web browser which is easier now with Linux. But then it wanted a Mac OS or Windows. Figures.laugh It says you can set it up with a Laptop or a cell phone. Oh, well. It was just $35.00ohwell

RainbowTrout's photo
Fri 05/30/14 06:30 AM
A match made in heaven.:heart:

Got the Roku HDMI drive and it worked great with the Visio. The USB power supply lets you choose between the AC power and the USB port already on the back of the Visio. I found it easier to supply email address with password on the Roku than to link on the Hulu side.:smile:

RainbowTrout's photo
Sun 05/25/14 01:57 PM
Do you have pictures on your profile for those people who can't read? It might help. You could make some with a line through it like the no smoking signs. You don't have to be an Aquarius to be creative.:smile:

RainbowTrout's photo
Fri 05/23/14 02:21 PM
My pic is only 39 years old.laugh

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25