Community > Posts By > Belushi

Belushi's photo
Wed 12/24/08 03:48 AM
Where there's a will ....

There's a host of grieving relatives

Belushi's photo
Wed 12/24/08 03:46 AM
My understanding of it is that all of the rednecks are related to all of the other rednecks.

Thats my theory of relativity

Belushi's photo
Wed 12/24/08 03:44 AM
To learn, and never stop learning.
Like I just learned that your snot leaves your nose at 95mph when you sneeze ....

Belushi's photo
Wed 12/24/08 03:42 AM
Well, working on the basis that I have just found out that science discovered that at 70mph, when you sneeze you travel 300ft with your eyes closed, it is very possible that science could not possibly have discovered everything there is to know.

Hellfire we are still debating the lack of proof of god and that has been ongoing for centuries!

Belushi's photo
Mon 12/01/08 09:06 PM
Are we one side of the coin where there has to be black, where the believers are white?

Is it our destiny to be marginalised because we dont, wont or cant conform to a regimen of supplication, subjugation and acceptance?

Is it genetic that they believe, and we are missing a "god/goddess" gene?

I wonder, as I live in a fervently muslim country, how is it that my lack of faith isnt questioned more often.

I have rarely been asked if I believe in god (they mean Allah) and when I say I do not, they assume its because I am a xtian.

When I clarify that it isn't, the look of horror on their faces is incredible.

Maybe its because I know the right phrases to get around.

When wishing someone good morning and asking them how they are, I add the equivalent of "Thanks be to god" and when I want them to do something or I am going to do something, I add the equivalent of "if god wills it", but I obviously dont believe in these things.
Although it does make life a lot easier that I do this.

Is that hypocritical or is that just making my existence more smooth?

Hope y'all have a great day ... the sun is just peeking above the Saudi mountains and is turning the sea from black to a silvery metallic colour ... an hour and it will be a deep blue ... just the way I like it

Belushi's photo
Mon 11/17/08 09:04 PM
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Give someone power over others and someone will be unhappy.

As freethinkers we will always be in the minority.
Whether we are gay/straight, black/white, American/European.

We will always be subjected to the moral majority. It happens that America uses religion as a tool. Not for religious subjugation, but as a political weapon to control the minority.

Im in a muslim country, and yesterday I witnessed a man praying on the beach.

The Qur'an decrees praying five times a day (where possible)

This is not unusual, except this man had been a taxi driver until an accident had given him severe mental and physical handicaps.
He now begs (quite aggressively) on the streets off the tourists and locals.

But I found it interesting that his indoctrination was so deeply rooted that he was compelled to go through his prayer cycle, even though his faculties were severely impaired.

The xtian/islamic religious extreme fascists have their indoctrination so deeply in their psyche that they will force their beliefs upon everyone even to the extent of removing other's civil liberties.

They are a danger to society on the whole, and unfortunately the US has a huge population of fundies.
This is also dangerous as the US has the power to subjugate the West by political and military might.

In answer to your question ...

I would say that adoption is a bit of a lottery. The best the authorities can do is look at the suitability of the prospective parent (PP) and evaluate it on the needs of the child.

The prospective parent (I use the single form on purpose) would be financially stable, emotionally mature and most importantly, had the time to dedicate to the needs of the child (And not get a nanny) then there should be no reason why that person should not be a PP.
Sexual orientation should not be guideline to suitability and neither should relationship status or religious leanings.

But I am not in a position of power to abuse it toward this bent, and therefore I am only able to state my opinion.

Belushi's photo
Thu 11/13/08 08:46 PM

Gotta love such thinly veiled hostility.

Life is funny...

Makes a change from outright threats you normally get from peace-loving fundies.

Belushi's photo
Thu 11/13/08 08:44 PM

My reaction, again those with no uterus have no business!

Spot on!

Possibly why the catholic church is railing against female priests ...

Belushi's photo
Thu 11/13/08 08:39 PM
I THINK IT SHOULD BE OUTLAWED - Marriage that is .. :tongue:

Marriage is a dreadful idea, and should only be used for tax purposes and subjects of inheritance.

Interracial relationships, on the other hand are amazing. You truly see how the other person is perceived by the society you live in.
Sometimes is a joy, other times, not.

Belushi's photo
Thu 11/13/08 08:35 PM
how do you seek solace?

If the believers have their gods, and use him/her/it for comfort in times of stress (deaths, marriages, divorce, etc) how do you deal with it.

I personally go to work.
I am lucky that my work forces me to relax and concentrate on my slow breathing rate.

This forces my blood pressure down and I come out from a day at work chilled and ready to logically deal with things.

I have only ever been addicted to caffeine - I dislike feeling drunk or stoned, so that has never been an issue, and I dont go a bundle of chocolate.
So I dont think I have an addictive personality to use alcohol or drugs. But I know some people who have.

Belushi's photo
Thu 11/13/08 08:32 PM
I dont think that being an unbeliever on a dating site is a handicap.

Being on a US dating site, where a lot of the members are xtian, is though. Especially the fundies we have on here.

Back when I was a member of CS, there was hardly any religion discussed.

It happens that the owners of the board have made a point that religion is a big thing.

Dont forget that everytime you post, they make money, so they keep religion in as it is contentious.

But not too contentious that it turns into flaming.

So, if you dont bring religion to your dates, then it doesnt become an issue.

... or maybe that is just me, and the one date I have had ... which turned out to be the love of my life.

Belushi's photo
Thu 11/13/08 01:59 AM
I was wondering, as I am studying to be an English language teacher, would the collective noun for atheist/agnostics be a "questioning of ... "

Belushi's photo
Wed 11/12/08 09:09 PM
I got asked to leave Sunday school at 7 years old because I asked too many questions.

The one that they took umbrage too was "Why, when god is everywhere, do we have to go to church every Sunday and pay money?"

"Im sorry Belushi's mum, he is just too disruptive"

So I came to the conclusion that god didnt exist as no one could answer my question.

I have read the Bible a couple of times and the Qur'an and neither make any logical sense to me.

Im destined to be a godless heathen for the rest of my life ... thank lack-of-god!

Belushi's photo
Tue 11/11/08 08:35 PM

The Lost City of Atlantis is thought to actually be Minoan Crete and VERY real:

Ariadne — Ruled by priestess-queens for two millennia, it was in Crete, for the last time in recorded history [that] a spirit of harmony between men and women as joyful, equal participants in life [pervades], says Eisler. Minoan culture was a Goddess-worshipping inheritance from Egypt, later passed on to Mycenaean Greece and Philistine Canaan. Ariadne, the High Fruitful Mother, is a lunar fertility Goddess whose athletic prowess evolved into huntress Diana and many-breasted Ephesian Artemis. Serpents, symbolic of rebirth, were ritually handled by her oracle-giving priestesses, whose bare-breasted costume suggest the sacred role of sexuality in the culture. Trances and ecstatic dance celebrated the annual rebirth of Ariadne’s son-lover Dionysos (Deo Knossos). The sudden end of Crete’s peaceful matrilineal Golden age through flood and earthquake gave rise to the Atlantis legend.

Actually, one of the possible sites is Santorini.
I have lived there as a tour guide, and the island suffered a huge volcanic eruption in 1500BCE
This caused a tidal wave so high that it engulfed Crete (a couple of hundred miles away) wiping out the Minoans.

The tidal wave continued south east and hit Egypt .. and when the water ebbed away, the backwash could have been around time of the alleged escape from Egypt by Moses and his band of merry men (women and children)

Two thirds of the island just dropped into the sea and the resultant effect created two or three islands, one of which is a smoking volcano, another is the island of Fira. (Greek for Santorini)

Most of the stunning pictures you see of Greece, where there is a white building in the foreground and a deep blue sea in the background are of Fira, and specifically a small town called Oia.

It is built into the side of the 300m (1000ft) sheer cliffs, and it produces the "BEST" sunset in the whole wide world (he says with only a small amount of over exaggeration") rofl

Belushi's photo
Tue 11/11/08 08:25 PM
Edited by Belushi on Tue 11/11/08 08:26 PM
Fairly straight here too ... but, Im around for a chat.

Sorry to be ignorant, but the "GLB", I get, but what is the "T"?
Its 624am here and Im being dim oops

Belushi's photo
Tue 11/11/08 08:23 PM
I live in a predominantly muslim country, and I dont get missionaries here ....

Although there are a small minority of xtians here, they tend to keep themselves to themselves.

Back in the UK, I would just say no thanks.

The only time I got annoyed with one, was when I was in a deep conversation with a friend and an "Elder" approached me, and Im ashamed to say, I did use the terms "sex" and "travel" in the same sentence.

Belushi's photo
Tue 11/11/08 01:04 AM

HAHAH

People in glass houses....

Ah never mind.

The truth shall set you free ... lmao

Belushi's photo
Mon 11/10/08 08:12 PM

There can be no doubt that the average man blames much more than he praises. His instinct is to blame. If he is satisfied he says nothing; if he is not, he most illogically kicks up a row.
Golda Meir

If you are dissatisfied with something, on average, you will tell 7 people about it.
Satisfied, you will tell 2 ..

This is why bad news travels faster than good.

I think some people need to stop using terms like hate on people for pointing out obvious facts.

Im astounded you have the temerity to say this ...

You, who uses the word hate on a regular basis when presented with the lack-of-god obvious facts.

Why not shut up whining and whingeing and just support the man that has been elected as your president. (That is when he finally becomes president)

Your brand of 2nd-hand politics are unpopular. (This time around)
Im sure they will come back into fashion soon.

This is what your people have said.
Now live with it!

Belushi's photo
Sun 11/09/08 10:57 PM
The majority of the stories in the bible are impossible, so what's one more.

This is a fruitless exercise and the believers will blindly believe and the non-believers will continue to question and not believe.

The world according to the minute number of human beings living in the "middle east" may have been covered with a flood.

Around that time there was a huge volcanic explosion in Santorini (Greece) and the Minoan civilisation was wiped out 1500BCE.

Belushi's photo
Sun 11/09/08 07:54 PM
I thought hail was rock-hard ice-cold rain ...

Can you still get that in hell?

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25