Community > Posts By > invisible

no photo
Wed 08/05/09 05:02 AM

There is a difference in 1)being a yes man or yes woman and 2)agreeing on someones point of view.
You may have your own opinion, but if someone makes a good point against your opinion, then what is wrong with saying, "Good Point" or "thats True" or "Good Job"

I have my own opinions, but if I am debating an issue and someone makes a good point against my opinion, I will let them know they have made a good point. That is not being a Yes man. That is being someone who agrees to disagree. I guess that is the nice side of me, the side that wants to respect other peoples opinion while still standing firm to my own.

I want to be a nice person because thats who I am, not because I want people to think I'm nice. hope that makes sense.

Well, yes. It is good to be able to agree to disagree, but would you say yes to three different opinions without having your own?

I think not.

no photo
Wed 08/05/09 04:51 AM

I am guarded almost all of the time when I am here, reason? I don't think I want to be too open to all and sundry on the internet. I am not sure if people are who they say they are ( and vice versa) For the best part I have a good timehere and cannot say that I have had too many "confrontational" posts. I take people on the internet at face value, to evaluate each person's character here on this site is a daunting prospect,too many differences.

However, I like to think I am fair-minded and accept (for the most part)people for who they seem to be.........Does that make me a "yes" person? Perhaps, but then, I don't care how people perceive me,they are entitled to their own opinions and I respect that.Those who are important to me are living in the same town as myself and I can visit them knowing they accept me for who I am, and I them.BTW, Invisible, I can see you. laugh

Shoot, invisibility booster broken again.grumble

no photo
Wed 08/05/09 04:27 AM
So far everyone pretty much feels the same way I do.

I rather prefer to be me as well.:smile:

no photo
Wed 08/05/09 04:12 AM

eeeeeeeew nice ill

Yeah, I know.

I don't think either of us has a chance in that sort of competition.ohwell

no photo
Wed 08/05/09 04:04 AM
Now, none of us come here to make enemies, quite the contrary I would think.
But would you want to be liked by everyone?
Not only online, but in real life too?

I never claim to be nice, because I’m not.
I’m opinionated, I have an attitude and I have a sometimes wicked sense of humour.
So I’m not everyone’s cup of tea to begin with.
And, to be honest, I don’t want to be, because there are people that would just put me off, that’s me, and that’s the way it is. Of course, I do have my times when I’m sorta moody, or when I get angry for that matter. Then I log off and wait until I have my cool back, no biggy.

Of course, we are all different.
I see quite a lot like me, then there are the ones picking an argument whenever they can, and there are the ‘sucker uppers’.

Now, these are a totally different kettle of fish. They agree with everything anyone might say, and if they have to take a different position 3 times in the same thread, they will do so. It seems they want to be liked by everyone, no matter how high the price, they just want to belong. And when they think someone looked the wrong way at them, they hide their profile and sulk, but never for long, after a few minutes they are back and post some place else. Quite a moody lot it seems.

I was thinking about that, and wondered if I ever wanted to be like that. And I decided, no way. I’d rather be me, have a few friends and no need to pretend to be something I’m not, and that is NICE.

I was wondering whether it is just insecurity that makes people wanting to be nice.

Also, how do others perceive these ‘jay – sayers’?

Would others want to date them?
I mean, people are not like that by nature, and sometime something just has to give.
Is it not some kind of deception when all is said and done?

How would you like to be seen?

Being you, even if it means to step on toes every now and then?

Or as one of the ‘yes’ people?

So, how far would you go to be liked, and how high a price are you prepared to pay for it?

no photo
Wed 08/05/09 03:37 AM

How can I Tell if my friends are online?

If they are not in stealth mode you'll see a blinking 'online now' when you look at your friends page.
If they are in stealth mode you would only see it when they are posting in the forums.

no photo
Wed 08/05/09 03:33 AM
I always make fun of me....the conditions are always best...

as to of others...most times they are aware of the jest, and that the intention is still love based, not venom based.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What she said.flowerforyou

I'd also like to add: If you can't take it, don't give it.

I like to poke fun at myself, at my friends, but I'm able to take as good as I give.

Some people just get their knickers in a twist over nothing, then one should be careful.

no photo
Tue 08/04/09 01:03 PM

surprised did you hear about such an such doing you know what with you know who? surprised

But you know who did it behind such and such's back with so and so, too.:tongue:

no photo
Tue 08/04/09 01:00 PM

How now grumble

Brown cow? laugh

Pow wow.rofl

no photo
Tue 08/04/09 12:58 PM
I don't gossip, but I have popcorn and wine, and I'll sit here and watch.

bigsmile waving :angel:

no photo
Tue 08/04/09 12:06 PM

Then your book is wrong because 7.65 % of 775 is 59.29

I agree.:smile:

no photo
Tue 08/04/09 05:29 AM

You defend yourself when you're not sure of who you are, I say my point of view once and that's enough,

I won't arguee with you I'll tell you what I believe and you do what you want with it.

Ia m who i am and cannot be anything else no matter what others say or believe.

I would find it rather hard though not to defend myself when something is at stake e.g. my job, my family.
I just have to choose my priorities when it comes to this.

no photo
Tue 08/04/09 05:23 AM
It must have been a very trying time for Robin, hearing all the time that people didn't receive anything.
Some people might not even have realized that none of it was her fault, that some things just didn't work out because of borders.
And she was in no way responsible for people begging out without saying a word.
Robin has done a great job, and I can understand her frustration.

Thank you.flowerforyou

no photo
Mon 08/03/09 12:32 PM
1. I want to be a High Elf Healer, please.:smile:

2. Answer the following question as they will be added below your fantasy picture.

Why do you like Fantasy or Fiction?

It takes me to another world.:smile:

What is your favorite Medieval "Swords and Sorcery" type movie?

LOTR part 1-3:smile:

What is your favorite Fantasy novel?

Same as above.:smile:

What is your favorite roleplaying computer game?

Don't play.ohwell

What is your month and day of birth? Needed to make a "fantasy horoscope reading" to add below your illustration.

Sep. 8th.blushing

What is your favorite holiday?

Belthane.bigsmile

If you where to live in the 15th century in Europe, what would you like to be and explain why? For example - Lord, Princess, Alchemist, Knight, Advisor, Jester, farmer, Bishop, Assassin, etc. etc.

I would like to be a healer. And I don't think it needs an explanation. The only part I don't like is being burnt as a witch.noway

Where can a reader contact you? For example - Mingle2 screenname, or a yahoo account, etc. etc. ((You can send this email if you like)) Also only if you want to have anyone contact you

Mingle screen name.bigsmile

no photo
Mon 08/03/09 12:05 PM

The Wise Woman's Stone

A wise woman who was traveling in the mountains found a precious stone in a stream. The next day she met another traveler who was hungry, and the wise woman opened her bag to share her food. The hungry traveler saw the precious stone and asked the woman to give it to him. She did so without hesitation. The traveler left, rejoicing in his good fortune. He knew the stone was worth enough to give him security for a lifetime. But a few days later he came back to return the stone to the wise woman.

"I've been thinking," he said, "I know how valuable the stone is, but I give it back in the hope that you can give me something even more precious. Give me what you have within you that enabled you to give me something more precious. Give me what you have within you that enabled you to give me the stone.

Author Unknown

I want some of that, too.frown

It's a great story, and I bet not many would like the traveler come back, and ask for that precious something.
Too many wouldn't even see the value.

no photo
Mon 08/03/09 10:14 AM

Nice guys are yummy with just a hint of BBQ sauce...drool

Don't forget salt and pepper.:laughing:

no photo
Sun 08/02/09 04:31 AM

I gotta say, social services r primarily motivated on working to keep families together here, so im guessing the neglect was pretty bad.

Also, the comments from her sister r pretty striking, especially the bit where she says she asks her sister why she keeps on having babies, and she replies that "she doesnt give a sh** and she wants the government to pay up"

Instead of trying to have more children, she should be working on getting herself to a mental level where she is fit enough to get to know the children shes already had.

Shes putting her energy into the wrong things.

And as for her "carer" bf, why is he even her carer? why does she need 1? if its cos of back problems and she cant work, how can she keep abusing her body by having children she cant keep? having children weakens the back....wat advice is her doc giving her?

I agree, all the facts arent clear, but children dont get removed from their family without VERY good reasons.

Way I see it, somewhere in this whole story is something neither party talks about. And as long as they don't, it's very hard to say anything constructive.

no photo
Sun 08/02/09 04:19 AM
That's what has me very curious... and the sister, has me rather suspicious of also.

Please don't get me wrong, children are not removed from a home unless the social worker feels the child is at risk, and at the mother's own admission, she agreed the first few little ones probably were safer away from her.

To me that shows maturity, and also some insight into what is the appropriate and inappropriate way to raise, and care for a child.

In my experience, once any governmental institution, no matter which, has labeled you, the label sticks, and is neigh to irremovable.

no photo
Sun 08/02/09 04:07 AM
and yes I heard the same thing... there's a quiet desperation woven into this article..

I am wondering also, there is no mention of criminal convictions...if that is the case, I also wonder at the severity of neglect, or abuse...

Perhaps it was easier and less work to label the woman after the first time it happened, and then to just take it from there?

no photo
Sun 08/02/09 03:59 AM

Curiosity killed the cat.slaphead

tongue2

.........satisfaction brought it back..:wink: tongue2

I can get no......

......satisfaction.ohwell

Pardon?

SPEAK UP!!!!

huh?

huh

Sorry, was just singing aloud.:laughing: