no photo
Tue 07/10/07 07:42 PM

Jax

I KNEW THAT... used it in game of Scrabble.. I was sooo smuggg... :tongue:

How are you?
Roxanne bigsmile

no photo
Tue 07/10/07 07:25 PM
Trash or garbage is a major form of environmental pollutant, with many types taking hundreds of years to properly decompose when thrown away. The truth is shocking, yet it’s something we can all try and do something about. Here are 10 facts about trash to consider, plus some practical tips for ways of reducing your garbage, recycling it and helping the environment.
1. On average, American’s throw away about 3.5 pounds of trash each day.
2. Between Thanksgiving and the New Year, Americans throw up to 25% more trash, amounting to a massive five million tons extra. Of this, about four millions tons is believed to be made up of wrapping paper and shopping bags.
3. One third of all garbage thrown away by Americans is packaging. As lots of packaging takes years to fully decompose, it’s worth making the effort to try and cut down on the amount of packaging and bags you use.
4. Different types of rubbish take varying amounts of time to properly decompose. Top of the offenders are Styrofoam and plastic containers which take one million years to fully decompose. A disposable (spot the irony in the name) diaper takes 550 years and an aluminium can takes between 200-500 years. At the other end of the scale, a wool sock takes one year and a paper bag one month to decompose.
5. Estimates suggest that the average American office worker uses up to 500 disposable coffee cups each year.
6. About 200 million gallons of used motor oil is illegally dumped in the US each year.
7. Unwanted junk mail is frequently thrown away and up to 44% is ditched without even being opened.
8. We use more than 67 million tons of paper each year – which works out as about 580 pounds per person.
9. A large amount of garbage is either incinerated or buried in landfills. About a quarter is currently recycled, but if we were more careful and spent time sorting and separating different types of materials, we could significantly increase our recycling abilities.
10. The time taken for glass to break down isn’t known. However, as we’re still finding pieces of glass made over 3000 years ago, we can only assume it’s a long time.

From the 'net

Hey Beachie - gimme that pickle:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

no photo
Tue 07/10/07 07:21 PM

Pepper

laugh laugh laugh

no photo
Tue 07/10/07 07:13 PM

A good buddy from Vermont:tongue: flowerforyou drinker

no photo
Tue 07/10/07 07:11 PM

That someone can still surprise me love ---- in a good way... if given the chance...
Its ok to need him - and let him know :heart:
Independence doesn't mean isolated - solitary - only me; not to be threated by healthy inter-dependence.
smooched

He honestly doesn't see ALL MY FLAWS blushing

no photo
Tue 07/10/07 06:59 PM

Shadow
In general, hard to say but my answer for $200:
What is - she liked you but now knows you're pursuing another woman and wants to be respectful and only talk to you in public, Alex"

:tongue:

no photo
Mon 07/09/07 12:48 PM

<------------- Cross-eyed

Cross eyed people are typically less attractive and should NEVER do inventory or fly airplanes.

Useful for solving optical illusions.

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

no photo
Sun 07/08/07 10:44 PM

Hey Beachie:wink:

no photo
Sun 07/08/07 10:36 PM

*tips hat*

:tongue: bigsmile

no photo
Sun 07/08/07 10:35 PM
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call "The Twilight Zone".

*cue the music*

:tongue:

Relax...it is what it is...bigsmile

no photo
Sun 07/08/07 09:35 PM

More or less?

:tongue: :wink:

no photo
Sun 07/08/07 09:31 PM
Hellllooooo:tongue:

flowerforyou

no photo
Sun 07/08/07 09:28 PM

Whether a picture is suitable for the site isn't my concern; have to trust the mods....

That being said - what picks my butt are photos of men with big guns... grumble noway grumble noway I mean reaaaallly...

If you don't like it, don't linger... keep scrolling...yawn Works for me

bigsmile

no photo
Sun 07/08/07 02:35 PM

Helloflowerforyou

bigsmile bigsmile

no photo
Sun 07/08/07 02:33 PM
flowerforyou

no photo
Sun 07/08/07 02:24 PM

Kidatheart