Community > Posts By > lovin_guyana

no photo
Fri 07/24/09 12:51 PM
Well, the profile doesn't reveal much about who you are as an individual. Everything you listed is a bit generic. You did state you don't like talking about yourself, but this is the opportunity when people WANT to read about you, so take advantage of it! flowerforyou

no photo
Fri 07/24/09 12:33 PM
Alright, I have revamped my profile from the last time I posted on here. I took some constructive criticism and adjusted accordingly. Take a peek and let me know how to improve...it is a work in progress. -Jackie :)

no photo
Thu 07/16/09 04:14 PM
LOL! Ok Mikey117, thank you VERY much for pointing that out. I assure you I am a woman. Boy, is my face red! All good input from people ... it is a work in progress, just like me.

no photo
Thu 07/16/09 04:03 PM
"Dream"

Beautiful days, cool and crisp air
People walking in bliss, without care
Birds chirp, animals are calm
Children playing under palms
Sun shining, water crystal blue
Humans at peace through and through
No sickness, loneliness, plenty of food
Not a soul cruel, selfish or rude
No wars, worry, sorrow or pain
Nothing to lose, so much to gain
I jolt awake lying in my bed
Realizing it was a dream and I'm here instead
"It's not worth all this pain, this way will be quicker"
I say to myself, as I pull the trigger.

no photo
Thu 07/16/09 03:51 PM
I thought it was a good start considering I could go off on a 20 page detailed report of my likes and dislikes. And considering I've been on this sight only about an hour, I opted to give a brief summary. :)

no photo
Thu 07/16/09 03:45 PM
Welp, I am unsure why I am posting here to get feedback from complete strangers...I'm almost having a panic attack. But, I encourage complete honesty and do not edit yourself..tell it how you see it and I will value each and every opinion...even the harshest of them! - Jackie

no photo
Thu 07/16/09 02:46 PM
Scream bloody murder, no one can hear, the blood sweat and tears, paralyzing fear. A desperate attempt to keep yourself whole, screaming throughout your black bitter soul.

Life sucks let it waste you away, dont take chances at all today. Put on a fake smile, say goodbye, just hope today is the day you die.

Ok, so yes, these tend to be pessimistic in nature and perhaps just looking at me - a long haired, blonde, seemingly innocent woman, one might not take me for dark. But despite the effort to remain positive in life, the world continues to tear and individual down. How can one remain positive all the time when suffering, crime, disease, death, starvation and destruction are seen on a minute-to-minute basis? And then we as humans are chasing after anything to occupy our minds from the inevitable. Whether it is our Yoga class, work, that Starbucks coffee, shopping, reading - we try to push out the pain, the frustration, the continuous wearing on the soul. So please do not judge my pessimistic attitude in these short poems. I have many that reflect love, human emotions, faith, uncertainty and hope. I am glad to be part of this creative writing forum. - Jackie