Community > Posts By > bumboclaatjones

bumboclaatjones's photo
Mon 10/12/09 04:54 PM
GI Joe was super badass if you remember them from your childhood. If not, you might wanna skip it. Ong Bok 2 is badass if you like martial arts flicks.

bumboclaatjones's photo
Mon 08/31/09 08:13 PM
subtitles work best for when there's an actual, serious story to pay attention to. City of God is a prime example. If you saw the follow up, City of Men, which is dubbed from portuguese, it loses alot of the impact.
That said, I simply cannot imagine enjoying any shaw brothers movie as much without the dubbed in voices. The Kid With the Golden Arms is a classic, as is The 3 Evil Masters. Not as fun with subtitles.

bumboclaatjones's photo
Mon 08/31/09 02:46 PM
Try his books about the beginnings of the IRA back in the late 1800's and early 19 Aughts. Great reading.

bumboclaatjones's photo
Mon 08/31/09 02:42 PM
Edited by bumboclaatjones on Mon 08/31/09 02:43 PM

offtopic sort of. Some people should not have access to The Internet and Art. There is enough mindless drivel for the masses. Let those of us who can comprehend great Art enjoy it. The rest of you can watch wacky videos on YouTube. be seeing you

jesus christ, are we a little pretentious or what? The movie was okay, but it was a whole lot of Tarantino sucking his own dick for being so artsy, if you ask me. After Jackie Brown, that guy fell waaay too in love with his own legend. Kill Bill 1 and 2 were both utter crap, and as funny as Basterds was, there were too many inconsistencies that made it kinda suck (like when the Jew Hunter lets Shoshanna go. What the **** was that all about?) and the Basterds simply weren't in it enough. Too much of the movie was pulled from obscure *** film history that even my movie nerd *** didn't quite catch. Plus, the Hitler/Bormann/Goering/Goebbels being shot up was simply ridiculous and pretty stupid, if you ask me. I was pretty disappointed that I paid to see it, to tell the honest truth. Shoulda waited for a download of it. Worth seeing, but I'd way rather watch Pulp Fiction another couple dozen times. Now THAT is a damn movie.

i think i love you.

love

Lol, I'm flattered.:tongue:

bumboclaatjones's photo
Sat 08/29/09 10:52 PM
every time I read something by him I always wonder why it took me so long to read another one of his books. That man truly could write.

bumboclaatjones's photo
Sat 08/29/09 10:51 PM
Thank god he doesn't. Damn I hated that show, but his stand up is so funny. Chappelle's show was possibly the best thing comedy central ever put out. Racial humor is great when done well; the Clayton Bigsby sketch is a great example. I never saw anything comparable in Mind of Mencia. I don't think I ever laughed one time at that show, which is amazing seeing how high I used to be all the time.

bumboclaatjones's photo
Sat 08/29/09 10:45 PM
Everything in Pineapple Express. We were all frying balls when we saw it the first time. I have never laughed that hard in my life. every scene that had Red in it killed me.
or the scene in Observe and Report when theyre kicking *** on all the skater kids out front of the mall. That slew me.
For the money, though, the funniest scene in a movie had to be in Duck Soup when Harpo and Zeppo are messing with the guy selling Lemonade next to their peanut stand. Some of the best visual comedy ever.

bumboclaatjones's photo
Sat 08/29/09 10:37 PM
Does Hard To Kill count? It's about as romantic as you get with Steven Seagal.

bumboclaatjones's photo
Sat 08/29/09 10:35 PM
God, how I used to love smoking pot while watching that back when I was 16. watch the musical version that was made a couple years back after you finish the original.

bumboclaatjones's photo
Sat 08/29/09 10:33 PM
Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure! (pretty much the only movie that I can stand Keanu Reeves in)
The Last Crusade
Young Guns (one of the better movies ever made for pure entertainment value)

And wasn't Scarface late 70's?

bumboclaatjones's photo
Sat 08/29/09 10:23 PM

offtopic sort of. Some people should not have access to The Internet and Art. There is enough mindless drivel for the masses. Let those of us who can comprehend great Art enjoy it. The rest of you can watch wacky videos on YouTube. be seeing you

jesus christ, are we a little pretentious or what? The movie was okay, but it was a whole lot of Tarantino sucking his own dick for being so artsy, if you ask me. After Jackie Brown, that guy fell waaay too in love with his own legend. Kill Bill 1 and 2 were both utter crap, and as funny as Basterds was, there were too many inconsistencies that made it kinda suck (like when the Jew Hunter lets Shoshanna go. What the **** was that all about?) and the Basterds simply weren't in it enough. Too much of the movie was pulled from obscure *** film history that even my movie nerd *** didn't quite catch. Plus, the Hitler/Bormann/Goering/Goebbels being shot up was simply ridiculous and pretty stupid, if you ask me. I was pretty disappointed that I paid to see it, to tell the honest truth. Shoulda waited for a download of it. Worth seeing, but I'd way rather watch Pulp Fiction another couple dozen times. Now THAT is a damn movie.

bumboclaatjones's photo
Thu 08/20/09 02:20 PM
Casablanca, hands down.

bumboclaatjones's photo
Wed 08/19/09 05:24 PM
yeah, my point. I sometimes wish I could stand the crap that passes for music in America simply so I could discuss music and not get/give blank looks to everyone during music conversations.

bumboclaatjones's photo
Wed 08/19/09 05:22 PM
You probably can't find nice guys because there are no such things. Lol, although that's according to my ex, so take it with a grain of salt (hell, take it with a whole shaker of salt)

bumboclaatjones's photo
Wed 08/19/09 05:01 PM
Which is it for you? While I love Bounty Killer and the old War Alliance, Vybz and the rest of the Empire have all the best songs out these days. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm sick and tired of Mavado and his weak attempts on Vybz Kartel (Vybz won that clash at Sting, no matter WHAT anyone says).
And yeah, if you don't know the dancehall scene or about what I'm referring to, I probably sound ridiculous. But dese be serious tings wha gwaan!

bumboclaatjones's photo
Wed 08/19/09 04:53 PM
reno 911 was funny when it came out. or maybe it was just funny because I was a drunk *** college student with an undeveloped sense of humor. Everything after season 1 pretty much sucked. Totally agree on South Park being the best show. I haven't had TV in like 5 years, and SP and The Simpsons are the only things I ever want to see when I'm around one.

bumboclaatjones's photo
Wed 08/19/09 04:48 PM

seriously? i watched a special on TCM with him ... private screenings interview and he was all ADHD tangent king. dude couldn't get a word in edgewise let alone ask the questions.

it was an hour long monologue of Quentin's childhood.

I wanted to shoot myself.

its amazing the dude is a directing genius.

but to me...

even that is fading.

totally agree with that. He's kinda like that in every interview I've ever seen him give. It's either random tangents or one big long self-congratulatory verbal handjob. That said, Pulp Fiction has got to be one of my favorite movies of all time. I think I've watched that flick more than anyone really should.

bumboclaatjones's photo
Wed 08/19/09 04:43 PM
Arsenic and Old Lace
Most of the old Buster Keaton comedies
Metropolis (silent)
The Golem (silent)
Birth of a Nation (yeah, it was responsible for the resurgence of the KKK about 20 years after it had mostly died out, but it's a serious piece of film for all that)
The Killing (One of my favorite Kubrick flicks)

bumboclaatjones's photo
Wed 08/19/09 04:36 PM
good luck with finding Humboldt girls on this thing, bro. The only way to find girls in HC is to actually go out and meet em, unfortunately. The online thing isn't that good of a hookup back home.

bumboclaatjones's photo
Wed 08/19/09 04:34 PM
It's called Sex Panther. It's got bits of real panther in it, so you know it's good. 65% of the time it works EVERY time

Previous 1