Community > Posts By > King_Chris

King_Chris's photo
Sat 08/15/09 04:54 PM
thanks all

King_Chris's photo
Wed 08/12/09 04:06 PM

So Chris, tell us what makes you the King? The last Kings we've had around here have either died on the crapper or did the moonwalk...

Welcome to Mingle...a sense of humor helps...:wink: laugh

I was hard up for a user name...superdooperman was taken; God's Gift to Woman seemed a tad pretentious ( I'm joking, I wouldn't call myself that, lol)laugh Maybe Adonis? j/k laugh

King_Chris's photo
Wed 08/12/09 01:01 PM
Like the title says...please rate me. Honest comments and constructive criticism only please. Thank you for your time and comments. Have a good one, cheers!

King_Chris's photo
Wed 08/12/09 12:57 PM
hey welcome

King_Chris's photo
Wed 08/12/09 12:56 PM
I'm not. It'd be nice to meet someone with some kind of morals for a change. Depends on the person though, i keep my view to myself until asked

King_Chris's photo
Wed 08/12/09 12:50 PM
Edited by King_Chris on Wed 08/12/09 12:53 PM
Well, let me backpedal a bit ans say the overclocking is not for everyone this should be obvious. The gains today in most apps are minimal to worse, i.e. corruption of data. I do it for a hobby and compete in OC events now and again plus I review components so I'm paid to push things to the edge. If it breaks I just get a new part sent to me. This isn't true for 99.999 percent of people. A nd yes I have gotten 30 percent to 50 percent overclocks on air and water. LN2 much higher depending on a golden sample.

The real apps that benefit from OC'ing are the DC apps that are used to solve real world problems. A lot of medical research is done this way to find new drugs to fight cancer and aids. This is what I do and I hope other people will contribute tot the projects.

For example a Q6600 at stock might do 8,000 WCG points running 24 hrs. a day. An overclocked Q6600 at 3600 will do 16000 WCG points in a day. So here the overclock is extremely beneficial. To each his/her own.

BTW the avg cpu lifespan is 20 yrs at stock or so, a safe overclock will shorten the lifespan to maybe 10 yrs. I've never kept a cpu chip that long, lol. And yeah, it really helps to buy boards designed to overclock.

King_Chris's photo
Wed 08/12/09 12:36 PM
Thanks for the warm welcom everybody

King_Chris's photo
Tue 08/11/09 09:16 PM
Edited by King_Chris on Tue 08/11/09 09:20 PM

It's easy as pie. I have a 9550 at 3700 stable 24/7, max 4200 on air. I'm more of an LN2 guy though if it's under 5000 I'm not happy lol. Let me know what you need to know and I'll help you out.

stable for the next 4 months then poof, you OC at that rate you better get water cooling..trust me been there done that...

Yeah, 3700 is max comfy temps for on high-end air, TRUE washer modded with panaflos, temps and voltage are fine. It will be fine. It's running at 100% load crunching for a year no degradation, I have a cherry chip, low vid and all.

By the way, the stock cooler is plain awful. Never use it, I don't trust them at stock. S1283s, TRUEs, etc. are the way to go. Water for anythng above 4000 and phase for 5000+.

If you really want to talk overclocking check out xtremesystems forums or OC forums. Folks are always willing to help you out. Great group of ppl over there.

King_Chris's photo
Tue 08/11/09 09:08 PM
Edited by King_Chris on Tue 08/11/09 09:08 PM
I want a divorce laugh

King_Chris's photo
Tue 08/11/09 07:51 PM
I ran into my ex and I was polite and bought her an effing ipod cos hers broke. Meh, I have the money but she doesn't have me. ; )

King_Chris's photo
Tue 08/11/09 07:48 PM
The short answer is no. Not all men have given up on real committment. Some have, maybe b/c enough girls tend to go for jerks.

A female friend, to distinguish from gf, once told me that I was a nice guy and that nice guys finish last...someday someone will finish last with me.

I t takes patience and work and not everybody is willing to do that. My 2 cents.

King_Chris's photo
Tue 08/11/09 07:43 PM
Are there any single ladies in the Southwestern PA area. I do know how to drive, distance isn't a terrible problem. Just looking for someone to connect and have some fun and I mean clean fun. I know there's classy ladies out there that would like a gentleman for a friend or boyfriend. Warning: I take things glacially slow, lol.

No one wants to attend Steelers Pens or Buccos games or concerts with me after we get to know each other? And yeah, I believe in safety fo both of us, theres some sickos out there. Thanks for reading.

--Chris

King_Chris's photo
Tue 08/11/09 07:32 PM

sad sad our love is oversad laugh laugh laugh

Honestly, I've never met you in my life. You have an odd sense of humour. I like it.

Thanks for welcome all. I appreciate it. Funny farm laugh Good one, lol.

King_Chris's photo
Tue 08/11/09 07:17 PM
Edited by King_Chris on Tue 08/11/09 07:18 PM
It's easy as pie. I have a 9550 at 3700 stable 24/7, max 4200 on air. I'm more of an LN2 guy though if it's under 5000 I'm not happy lol. Let me know what you need to know and I'll help you out.

King_Chris's photo
Tue 08/11/09 07:13 PM
City of Champions, aka Sixburgh...alright, I'll stop being annoying PITTSBURGH. If you're local chat me up, the more friends I have the happier I'll be.

King_Chris's photo
Tue 08/11/09 06:58 PM
Hi all, and thanks for reading my thread. I just wanted to say hello and see who's out there. I'm pretty friendly and very positive and I love to meet new people. I'm not arrogant I just believe in myself, life is more fun that way. This community looks pretty wonderful and all so I'm happy to be here and I hope I meet someone special and I hope you all do too!

Thanks for reading