Community > Posts By > Scot1948

Scot1948's photo
Tue 10/04/16 01:17 PM
Jimmy, please excuse me. I just discovered that u r str8. I discovered this blog on the gay site and assumed u r gay. Mea culpa!

Scot1948's photo
Tue 10/04/16 01:06 PM
Edited by Scot1948 on Tue 10/04/16 01:11 PM
Hi Jimmy! I'm sorry u feel God dislikes you. My understanding is that God is Love, so He/She loves every individual on this earth, and if there are individuals far away from this earth, God loves them too. I believe that God also likes us, but does not like the bad things I think, say, and do. Nor does God like our failure to do the good things that we can think, say and do. I have a very strong willed 6 year old grandson. He's very strong willed, and will not simply obey adults.On some occasions that's a good thing; on others it's not, because he refuses to do something that's for his health, or does things that are dangerous. He does not have enough knowledge or wisdom to understand the reason for obeying, and will not listen when one explains things to him. I love him and like him immensely. Most of the time his parents and I negotiate with him, but sometimes he will not negotiate. I don't like that, but I never stop liking him.

I think it's the same between God and us. When we think, say, or do something unloving, or fail to think, say or do something loving, God dislikes that, but She/He always likes us. I believe God delights in us.

I also believe that humanity is created in the image of God. I understand that to mean that because God is Love, we are love. Our true human nature is love. So we may love God, self, and neighbour.

I think we need to nurture a sense that God is with us in our struggles. It may be helpful if you can find some safe people who would support you. If you are a Christian, there are churches that affirm LGBT+ people. It may be worth your while To find such a community. It may also be worth your while to learn how to engage in meditation. This is an ancient practice in the Christian churches. I find it helps me very much when I feel bad about myself. In my meditations I open myself to God's love for me, to nurture love for myself, and love for my neighbour.

All the best,

Scot