Community > Posts By > MiddleEarthling

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 11/18/10 06:02 PM

Cowboy wrote:

Same with God our father. I say our father for weather you wish to accept him or not he is still nevertheless your father as well. You can worship whom ever you wish or not worship anyone at all, that is your choice. But still nevertheless you do still have but one father just as you still have but one real mom and dad on this earth.

No Cowboy. That doesn't play.

First off, there is no reason for me to put gender onto spirit by referring to "Our Creator" as "Our Father".

That's your male-chauvinistic biblical bigotry already. It reeks of Zeus. You're already putting a personified egotistical image onto "God" when you do that.

I'm a Pantheist (Panentheist to be more precise). I don't view God as a jealous egotistical male Zeus-like Godhead.

Your very term "Our Father" is already a devious unhanded attempt by you to try to slip your view of a male-chauvinistic bigoted godhead into the door-jam of my beliefs. I will have none of it.

You may refer to your belief in a male-chauvinistic bigoted godhead as "Your Father", and leave me out of it. :angry:

Moreover, you also equate the Biblical ignorance as the "Laws" of "Your Father". I don't accept that the Bible has anything at all to do with God.

So as far as I'm concerned Cowboy, you're already acting like a purposeful brain-washer using extremely cheap and dirty tricks to try to shove your male-chauvinistic bigoted Godhead onto me.

So no, every time you refer to your male-chauvinistic bigoted godhead as "Our Father" it makes me puke. ill

Speak of YOUR BELIEFS, not mine!

I'll speak for myself, thank you.

Christianity is not male-chauvinistic. Let me break it down for you.

Your body - Would NOT function without a head, would not function as sufficient with two heads for one would want to do this and the other would want to do that.
- Your left arm is just as important as the right
- Your left leg is just as important as the right
- Your head would not fuction without the heart

Left arm - Man
Right arm - Woman
Left leg - Man
Right leg - Woman
Head - Man
Heart - Woman

No one is more important then the other. Both are just as needed as one another. Each person has his/her job but nevertheless BOTH are equally needed to accomplish what needs to be accomplished.

If you wish to get a carriage somewhere you need ONE driver, ONE head to move the OTHER parts in harmony with one another to get where you're going or accomplish what you wish to get done.

So just because in the family the man is the "head" of the family, that DOES NOT mean that he is more important, greater, or anything of such in the family. EVERYONE is equally needed in everything, male or female. So please if you wish to spread your lies go else where for I will be here always to show people your lies.

slaphead

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 11/18/10 05:43 PM
Egads already! Why is the Rock furthering this myth that POX is legitimate news? MSNBC, sure it's liberal but they report facts and seasoned opinion. They have award winning jouranlists, economists and others who contribute to the shows. POX is just a Big Corp/GOP/T-bagging shill machine...pure propaganda.

Rockefeller is FOS...he must be senile or something.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 11/18/10 12:27 PM

I'm not impressed by any of your so-called reasons. None of them are remotely impressive and many of them simply overstated opinions and can be applied to just about any mythologies or religions.

The following is actually a reason to reject this fable:

6. Its power to change lives: Not only were the first disciples dramatically changed but so were their worst enemies. Paul was transformed from a killer of Christians into one of their chief advocates. (Galatians 1:11-24)

The story of Paul flies in the very face of what Christians hold up as their most cherished values.

1. God does not save humans, humans must turn to God.
2. God does not intervene directly with humans to change their behavior.

In the case of Paul Jesus supposedly revealed himself to Paul and told Paul that what he was doing was wrong and that he needed to change his ways.

If that were true, then Jesus should have also intervened when the Christian monks wrote the Malleus Maleficarum and told those monks that what they were doing was wrong. Jesus should have also intervened during the Crusades and informed the people in charge that what they were doing in His Name was wrong.

But clearly this folklore is nothing but lies. These stories are clearly false can are so full of contradictions and absurdities that they are truly laughable.

Let's take a look at your reasons again?

1. The credibility of Its Founder: Peter spoke for Jesus' closest followers when He said, "Lord, to Whom shall we go? Thou hast the words of eternal life. And we believe and are sure that Thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God." (John 6:68-69)

What credibility? huh

That's just your opinion. Have you ever met Peter? Do you even have a clue whether he actually existed, or if he's just a character in a myth? Clearly you don't know.

2. Reliability of Its Book: The integrity of this historical and geographical Record is supported by archeology. The Bible continues to speak not only with spiritual power but also with convincing prophetic accuracy.

First off, the Bible isn't even a "book", it's just a collection of various fables put together in an attempt to try to make it look like a story, but it contradicts itself all over the place.

Moreover, Greek mythology was about the Greek Society. It is believed that a lot of events in Greek mythology actually were inspired by real events. In fact, this is probably true of all mythologies. But that doesn't verify their claims of supernatural or divine events. There is nothing in any geological record that backs up any supernatural events.

3. Explanations for life: It is the Christian faith that reflects a caring attention to detail so evident in the species and ecosystems of the natural world. It is Christ Who clothed Himself in our humanity to feel what we feel and then to suffer and die in our place.

IMHO, the Veda of India speaks of much greater wisdom without all the silliness and absurdities. All mythologies speak about the human condition because they were all written by humans. No surprise there. There is nothing in the Bible that even remotely suggests that it was inspired by anyone even very intelligent, much less possessing divine wisdom.

4. Its continuity with the past: The Christian faith offers continuity with our deepest ancestral roots. Those who trust Christ are accepting the same Creator and Lord worshiped by Adam, Abraham, and Solomon.

So they stole their ideas for their doctrine from the Torah. Big deal. In fact, if you study history well you'll discover that much of the ideas for the Torah actually came from Egypt and India.

5. Its foundational claim: The first Christians were witnesses. They risked their lives to tell the world that with their own eyes they had seen an innocent Man die and then miraculously walk among them 3 days later.

First off you can't know this. The stories can't be supported as truth. They were clearly written by biased authors. People even today risk their lives for their beliefs, many of which aren't even religious beliefs. Humans are known for being hard-headed. That doesn't suggest anything about the truth of what they claim to believe.

6. Its power to change lives: Not only were the first disciples dramatically changed but so were their worst enemies. Paul was transformed from a killer of Christians into one of their chief advocates. (Galatians 1:11-24)

I already talked about Paul, but the Bible has also changed lives in very nasty and evil ways too. Let's not forget the Malleus Maleficarum. devil

Just because humans are easily swayed by rumors and myths is no reason to fall for that sort of thing yourself.

7. Its analysis of human nature: The Bible says that society's real problems are problems of the heart. In an age of information and technology, failures of character have scandalized institutions of the family, religion, and the arts.

Again, that's not impressive. Humans write about human nature all the time. Ever read any Shakespeare? From what I hear it's far better than the Bible. whoa

8. Its view of human achievement: Generation after generation has hoped for the best. We have conceived technologies that will deliver us from the oppressive slavery of work. Yet we are as close as ever to what the New Testament describes as the end times. (Matthew 24:5-31)

The end-time rumors are as old as Jesus. In fact, Jesus himself was actually a doomsday preacher. If you read your mythological New Testament closely you'll see that every gospels cites Jesus as having said that everything he foretold would take place before the current generation had past. Well, clearly he was wrong.

So it's done deal. Anyone who is still waiting for his prophecies to come true today is way belated.

9. Its impact on society: From rooftops to necklaces to earrings, we see the sign of the cross, bearing visible witness to Christ's death. Social relief agencies have been fueled by the direct or residual values of The Bible.

So? We see symbols worn by all people that reflect the myths, and legends they believe in. Christianity isn't any different.

10. Its offer of salvation: No other faith offers everlasting life as a gift to those who trust the One Who has overcome death for them. No other system offers assurance of forgiveness and adoption into the family of God.

Sure they do. If you think they don't then you're just totally ignorant of other religions, and creation myths.

It's just that most of them don't make God into the demon you need to be 'saved' from. whoa

If you people didn't try to SELL your religion so hard, you wouldn't see all these objections to your nonsense.

The Bible is utterly stupid, IMHO. It's a story of a male-chauvinistic godhead who solves all his problems with violent methods, many of which aren't any brighter than what you'd expect from a barroom drunkard.

Moreover NONE of them ever actually WORK! whoa

This God couldn't even deliver a piece of pristine promised land. Instead, he lead his people to an occupied land and has them murder the people who were living on it. slaphead

And this is the same God who supposedly commands people, "Thou shalt not kill"? huh

It's the stupidest book ever written in the history of mankind.

Thanks, you're such a time saver...I laughed at their first one...like they can even prove Peter existed...well maybe a Dick did at the time...there are ***** in that religion everywhere.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 11/18/10 12:17 PM

Oooof, not sure why anyone wastes their time on the "weatherman"..I mean people who post that they do not drink drugs (that their bible forbids) then say they do drink drugs (forbidden by their bible) on their profile IS breaking a "Commandment"...and is going to H E double hockeysticks. I feel sorry for that lost soul...

LOL!

Like the idiot who posts links to support his claims and then denies doing it?
In fact even blaming me for posting it when he call his own "evidence" a Bible Thumper???

I recall making a mistake, what's your excuse? Hitler was a real Christian and you guys can rewrite history all ya's want but that fact will never ever change...OWN IT already. Remember it the next time a BUSH type is running for public office. Vote for the rational person next time...

Hummm, I need too make one that reads "Support historical fact not superstitious denials of it"

Wow, good job M-E.
I'm used to most people getting irate and denying being wrong, props to you.

However, before you start criticizing people for incorrect word usage like "weather" instead of "whether", you may want to get the simple words straight. You know, the difference between "to", "too" and "two"...

So, you may also want to make "mistake" a plural next time.

People that know me would tell you I am honest and own my mistakes...but anyway I do know "to" from "too"...I just have a few sticky keys (proobably from masturbating to poorn) and didn't nootice my mistake, then the phoone rang...ooops.

Someone who doesn't know the difference between "whether" and "weather" has a loose screw...probably from reading ancient writs too long to have learned proper English.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 11/18/10 11:39 AM

You could be correct smokin

oooo, thanks for the keeper...got this one?

Is it 4:20 yet? I am sure it is always 4:20 somewhere...even if it's on another planet.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 11/18/10 11:33 AM
Edited by MiddleEarthling on Thu 11/18/10 11:35 AM

Oooof, not sure why anyone wastes their time on the "weatherman"..I mean people who post that they do not drink drugs (that their bible forbids) then say they do drink drugs (forbidden by their bible) on their profile IS breaking a "Commandment"...and is going to H E double hockeysticks. I feel sorry for that lost soul...

LOL!

Like the idiot who posts links to support his claims and then denies doing it?
In fact even blaming me for posting it when he call his own "evidence" a Bible Thumper???

I recall making a mistake, what's your excuse? Hitler was a real Christian and you guys can rewrite history all ya's want but that fact will never ever change...OWN IT already. Remember it the next time a BUSH type is running for public office. Vote for the rational person next time...

Hummm, I need too make one that reads "Support historical fact not superstitious denials of it"

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 11/18/10 11:18 AM
Edited by MiddleEarthling on Thu 11/18/10 11:19 AM

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 11/18/10 11:12 AM
Yeah, let's also get to the bottom of who was subsidising rent at the C Street mafia group...

"The organization that owns the now-infamous C Street House in Washington, D.C., which includes at least two Michigan legislators — Rep. Bart Stupak and Rep. Pete Hoekstra — as members, received $50,000 in donations from an Islamic charity that appears on a Senate list of groups that fund terrorism.

Those donations were then used to pay a former Michigan legislator, former Rep. Mark Siljander, to lobby to have the Islamic group removed from that list of terror-supporting organizations. Siljander pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice charges in that case this summer.

The Washington Post reports the details:

The foundation, an Arlington-based religious enterprise associated with a house at 133 C St. SE where several members of the House and Senate have rented rooms, acknowledged Wednesday that it had received two $25,000 checks, in May and June 2004, from the Missouri-based Islamic American Relief Agency.

The charity was included on a Senate Finance Committee list of terrorist financiers in January of that year…

Extensive government wiretaps and data collected in the raid led to multiple federal indictments of the relief agency’s officers. They culminated in a guilty plea four months ago by chief executive Mubarak Hamed in which he acknowledged sending a $25,000 check to the International Foundation in May 2004. Carver said that was one of the names for his group.

Hamed, in his plea, said the purpose was to pay for lobbying by former congressman Mark D. Siljander (R-Mich.), a prominent social conservative who promised to help the agency get off the Senate terrorist financing list. Siljander, in a July courtroom appearance, pleaded guilty to serving as the charity’s unregistered agent in meetings with lawmakers on Capitol Hill, and admitted lying to federal officers about his role.

The Justice Department has said the money involved was stolen from a grant given to the charity by the Agency for International Development in the late 1990s to finance relief work in Mali. Siljander knew at the time that the charity was controlled from Sudan, and he suggested that his payments be routed through foundations, according to his plea.

Carver said that at the time, Siljander – a fundamentalist who has attained prominence for advocating closer relations with Muslims – was an “associate” of the Fellowship Foundation, and that it has long been the foundation’s practice to process donations and payments for all 200 or so associates at its 300 affiliated ministries. Its annual budget is about $16 million, he said.

The money “probably came in at a time when nobody thought there was a reason for Mark to do something” wrong, Carver said. “We never had any reason to expect we would get anything like that.”

The Justice Department, in an October 2008 indictment, said the foundation had sent only “part” of the charity’s money to Siljander. But Carver forwarded a statement by the group’s accountant saying that “100 percent of the funds . . . were distributed” in Siljander’s wages and benefits.

This all came out as part of a legal challenge to the tax exempt status of the Fellowship Foundation, one of innumerable non-profits that make up The Family, aka the Fellowship"

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 11/18/10 10:45 AM

hahaha poor lil Turkey smokin
Hello John!

Looks more like a chicken...or maybe a duck..but then again, what the f...

Enjoy:

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 11/18/10 08:03 AM

You might think that some faith group must have grown during the last thirty years, and you’d be right: atheists and nonbelievers more than doubled in the eleven years between 1990 and 2001, from 14 million to 29 million: from 8% of the country to 14%. There are more than twice as many atheists and nonbelievers as there are evangelical Christians.[6] And since it’s hard to believe that all atheists/nonbelievers would be willing to confess that to pollsters, the number is probably much higher. From 2000 to 2005, church attendance fell in all fifty states.[7]

Oh stop the presses!29 million atheists shocked .You only have 2,971,000,000 before you are equal to Christianity.Evangelical Christians are part of Protestantism which has 670 million members.

I will admit that church attendance has been falling quite dramaticly all over the United states and will probably keep dropping.The main reason this is happening is because the churches have become gutless on extremely important issues such as homosexuality,Islam,our Government and other issues.The churches are not telling the Christians what we want to hear and because of that reason we are either finding churches that are telling us what we want to hear or we are not going.

This does not make us any less Christians.You will find Christianity is growing by leaps and bounds despite lower church attendance.I know myself I don't attend church on a regular basis but I listen to the word of God on the radio of my car every day I drive it.

"really important issues"...that's yalls problem, Islam, gays and government are not the "important issues".

Important issues include HEALTH CARE for example but here's yalls position on that.

While 50 Million go W/O HC you guys are stressing over who marries whom...childish! You vote for morons from the T-bag party instead of progressives who want to fix the problems. Yeah keep voting your bizarre "values" and keep phucking this country up.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 11/18/10 07:10 AM

I know people of religion must LOVE nostalgia so:

"Nazi Christmas (Some people seem to think that Hitler banned Christmas, but at no time did he ever ban Christmas or any other Christian holiday.)"

Great site!

http://nobeliefs.com/nazis.htm

Yep...

They paid no attention to their own warnings...

'and he shall fool the very elect' or some such statement.

Hitler and what he tried to do was the essense of evil.

Build a nation on the blood of millions (as did the South American 'civilizations') and it will allways crash and burn.

History is replete with such lessons.

If the lessons are learned then why do American Thumpers STILL vote over social issues instead of humanitarian ones?

Simple question.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 11/18/10 07:05 AM

my son is 13 and he is atheist,i handed him a bible and he read it and asked me"dad people actually believe this?"i told him "yes"and he laughs and tells me,i really feel sorry for them,true story

Who is teaching who?
slaphead
You are responsible for teaching your child.

Heh, looks like to me that person doesn't want to scare their kid into believeing your superstitious BS...which from what I can tell from the writings here causes brain damage.

And you got a lot of nerve telling a parent how to raise their kids.

Mind your own business...

Maybe we can have less teens killing themselves because of your religion.

If they are "scared" into believing in Christianity as you claim, then they wouldn't dare commit suicide. For suicide is against the will of our father.

Think it's more like they were drove insane by people such as you throwing insults and demeaning the religion.

BS, religion demeans itself when it promotes ignorances...you guys are anti-science and insist on your absurd writs. The fact is that people are born gay, it's NOT a choice but your religion forbids it therefore by proxy the teens are demonized and some commit suicide.

Why do you suppport teen suicide? Why?

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 11/18/10 06:55 AM
Hey, go argue with the jury that found him innocent of almost all the charges...pffft.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 11/18/10 06:53 AM

my son is 13 and he is atheist,i handed him a bible and he read it and asked me"dad people actually believe this?"i told him "yes"and he laughs and tells me,i really feel sorry for them,true story

Who is teaching who?
slaphead
You are responsible for teaching your child.

Heh, looks like to me that person doesn't want to scare their kid into believeing your superstitious BS...which from what I can tell from the writings here causes brain damage.

And you got a lot of nerve telling a parent how to raise their kids.

Mind your own business...

Maybe we can have less teens killing themselves because of your religion.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 11/18/10 06:24 AM
The guy was a patsy, he had no knowledge of the operation and was duped into it. He may still get life in prison for the one charge that he was found guilty of.

We need to try these Gitmo prisoners and release the innocent ones...of course you guys think that anyone of color is quilty right?

Right?

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 11/18/10 06:19 AM

MiddleEarthling's photo
Wed 11/17/10 06:24 PM

That is too funny.

The architects anticipated a jetliner hitting their building in 1960slaugh laugh laugh laugh

Even with their assumptions that the building could withstand the crash of a jetliner, they had nothing to go on to prove it.

They could say it all they want, that doesn't make their assumptions accurate.

How many building have withstood a jetliner with that much fuel on board hitting it?

Show the proof.

Yes they did anticipate an aircraft hitting the building. The aircraft they calculated on was the Boeing 707...not much smaller than the 737 that hit tower one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNskClIyGfY&feature=related

See for yourself...

MiddleEarthling's photo
Wed 11/17/10 06:08 PM

MiddleEarthling's photo
Wed 11/17/10 06:07 PM

Believe it or no.
There are many of 'em out there already.surprised
Why delay the inevitable?smokin
H ain't gonna' pull jobs outa' his bum.slaphead
He was lying. Now ya' know the whole story.shades

Well you be sure to let us know who these lazy bums are out there, we'll all get right after 'em.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Wed 11/17/10 05:03 PM

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25