Community > Posts By > 52montanaman

no photo
Sat 10/14/17 10:10 PM
Excellent responses...thank you all !!
I'm a knife maker so I got to get this in here somewhere.
A knife blade is comprised of two aspects: STRENGTH and TOUGHNESS. If a blade is designed for strength (hardness)it holds an edge very well but is brittle, breaks easily and can't take much abuse in hard use situations.
If a blade is designed for toughness, it excels under hard use but the edge easily deteriorates because it lacks the high hardness it needs to maintain a rigid cutting edge.

A love relationship is the same way. Love is the Strength, and respect is the Toughness. Love is the strength to endure and maintain integrity in a relationship just as hardness will maintain a sharp cutting edge on a blade... and respect holds the relationship together through the storms of life just as toughness will keep a blade together under hard use.
So can you have one without the other...Yes, I suppose it's possible, but one without the other will seriously weaken any relationship to the point of failure as it is with a knife blade.
It is interesting that a man by himself can be very strong but can also be easily broken by a hard situation. But give that man a good woman and the respect she has for her man will give him the toughness to endure most anything. In other words, her toughness (respect) supports his strength (and visa versa) and there is almost nothing they can't do together. The two together become virtually unstoppable in anything they set out to do and that's the beauty of a relationship that is based on a solid biblical foundation.

no photo
Mon 10/02/17 09:44 PM
WOW...this is thought provoking. You folks brought up a lot of good points.
A man has a lot of romance hidden in his heart (few seem to know this) but the respect of a good woman can unlock his heart and have free course to all that romance.
Likewise a woman has a lot of adoration hidden in her heart but a man's willingness to love her and lay down his life for her, will unlock a limitless supply of adoration and respect from her.

no photo
Mon 10/02/17 06:45 PM
If you (man or woman) had to choose whether to be "loved" or "respected" in a relationship...which one would it be ??
This is a simple question, no tricks !!

no photo
Tue 08/29/17 08:10 PM
Thank you "Godistheanswer" for your input.

I'd say you are speaking from experience...and that is a good thing, in a way, as it's hard to help someone through a situation if you haven't been there yourself.

Thanks again !!

no photo
Tue 08/29/17 02:43 PM
Edited by 52montanaman on Tue 08/29/17 02:53 PM
Thank you Maam...it was my pleasure if I could be of help or encouragement in any way.
By-the-way, I am not a "Real Man".............Yet !!

no photo
Tue 08/29/17 11:35 AM
Dear Piscesmoon...Thank you for your input and I apologize for my late response.
It's not what makes anybody real to "me", it's what makes somebody real period. There are only two ways you can go with "real". It's either real or it's phony. There are no other choices. And yes "real" is subjective but not near as subjective as integrity, honesty, honor etc.

Example: We have quote "Honorable" judges who uphold the contemptible practice of killing innocent children (abortion). But they are held up by the people as "honorable" We have successful business men and women who routinely cheat people out of their hard-earned money, yet it's just labeled as "good business". Is that honest ?? Gossip and vindictive rumors fly around any given community like wildfire, unjustly destroying people's reputations and characters without any evidence...yet those same gossipers are held in high regard as people of integrity.
There are a lot of ways these "virtues" can be manipulated and twisted by modern day "reasoning"... but a counterfeit dollar bill is either real or it's phony.

You asked the question, what does "real" mean to me. My opinion is worthless unless it is backed up by a "standard" and the only standard that, has and will, stand the test of time is God's Word. There is a two part foundation that is the bases for mankind but few people will build their life and their marriages on that foundation.

The first and greatest commandment of all ages is; Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, soul, mind, and strength. The second is like unto that: Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.

God commands a man to love his wife, and if necessary, lay down his life for her. God commands a woman to reverence her husband. If a man loves his neighbor as himself (that definitely includes his wife)he's not going to beat on her, he is going to cherish her. If a woman loves her neighbor as herself (that definitely includes her husband) she is not going to control and nag, she is going to reverence and respect him, just like she does for herself. But this can only happen if two people obey the first commandment and love the Lord with all their hearts.

Without being obedient to the first commandment a man does not have the grace to love his wife with all her faults and imperfections. Likewise, unless a woman loves the lord with all her heart she will not have the grace to love and care for that lazy loafer that lays on the couch drinking beer all day :) It is the grace she receives from the Lord that will turn that lazy loafer into a "Real Man" (King of the home). And it is the grace a man receives by loving the Lord with all his heart, that will turn that naggin, raggin woman into a "Real Woman" (Queen of the home).

This is why marriages do not last today because they are not based on the "Love of God", the first and greatest commandment. When the storms of life come, they will quickly wash away anything that is not founded on the Rock.

no photo
Mon 08/28/17 10:19 AM
Edited by 52montanaman on Mon 08/28/17 10:21 AM
This day and age of "reasoning" tends to cover up and obscure the definition of things like real men, real women, truth etc. to the point that it is almost impossible to find and understand these valuable virtues. It's easy to let the cloak of confusion "muddy the waters" to where truth is not visible anymore.

If there ever was a time when this country needs to be able, to define what truth is...it is now !!

If the definition of vastly important things like "real men" and "real women" can't be found...then what hope is there of ever obtaining them ?? If you can't define it, how can you find it... or know what to look for ??

It was a sad day when the "standards" and "absolutes" that made this country great, were pulled down and now every man and woman is encouraged to do what's right in their own eyes. With no "standard" to look up to, and keep us on track, it has become very easy to justify one's actions.

With that said, I do appreciate and thank all those who posted and would also encourage those who are watching this thread to venture their comments as well.

no photo
Sun 08/27/17 07:51 PM
I would love to be proved wrong !!

no photo
Sun 08/27/17 03:03 PM
Piscesmoon02...Ma'am, you are one of the few !!

no photo
Sun 08/27/17 02:38 PM
Real men and real women are the foundation of the family. Strong families are the building blocks of a strong nation, but if the foundation is destroyed, it's only a matter of time before a once strong nation, crumbles.
Men do not want real women, and women do not want real men, simply because if they get stuck in a lasting relationship...there is no more excuse to go "shopping" online. And this society LOVES to "shop"

no photo
Fri 08/25/17 07:53 PM
Very interesting...am curious to hear more input from the ladies.

no photo
Fri 08/25/17 05:22 PM
Edited by 52montanaman on Fri 08/25/17 05:38 PM

Be careful of the ones that say they want a "real man." Many times these that say this have no idea what a real man really is. At most, they have a warped idea. They've been burned so many times that they think that all men are the same. A lot of them don't realize they are there own worst enemy. In other words, they fall for the same crap over and over again.

And since they never seem to realize that they are getting what they ask for, they keep looking for that "real man." But never find it. A lot of them never seem to realize they need to change what they are attracted to. If they would, they might find that "real man" they have been looking for.

Well said...a lot of truth in that !! Could also apply that for a "Real Woman" as well.

no photo
Fri 08/25/17 01:11 PM
Maam...with all due respect, I have to disagree with you. I don't believe your definition was "off the top of your head"...I think it was "straight from your heart".
Thank you for your reply !!

no photo
Fri 08/25/17 12:42 PM
I have heard many ladies desire to find a "Real Man" but have never heard a clear and precise definition. I would like to hear the ladies definition of what constitutes a "Real Man"...virtues, attributes, personalities character, etc.
I assume there will be different ideas and opinions. It would be interesting to hear the ladies "take" on the subject.

no photo
Tue 06/06/17 08:44 AM
Edited by 52montanaman on Tue 06/06/17 08:44 AM
Real Love is something that is learned and acquired. It is not something that just mysteriously shows up in a person's heart. The first step in learning real love is the "Love of God". God gave us the formula for real love in the first and greatest commandment. "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, soul, mind, and strength". There is no other way to true love. Everything else is just a cheap imitation of the real thing and always ends in broken promises and relationships.
The problem is: The foundation for real love is missing and that is also why there are few, if any "real men" and "real women". It is like going down a flight of stairs: If you miss the first step...it's a very rough ride to the bottom, and that is exactly what happens in relationships. They miss the first step (the first commandment)...and it's a rough ride all the way to the bottom and the marriage ends in disaster.
If God created the institution of marriage (and he did) then he ought to know how it is to be carried out. He gave us all we need to know in the first and greatest commandment but nobody is listening or even cares. "Cheap love" has replaced "real love" because it's more easily acquired, and that is why the guys ask you for nude pics. God's first and greatest commandment is the building block for "real men" and "real women" but that foundation has largely been rejected. So; is real love lost?...yes Maam, I think it is !!